• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Awards 2015 (Japan) - Live Stream with Guests on December 3, 2015

miku

GpLVLuC.jpg

Official Site:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps-awards/

PlayStation®Awards is a ceremony recognizing big hit game titles sold in PlayStation® platforms. It has started in 1995 in Japan when PlayStation® launched to celebrate the title and creators who has been supporting the PlayStation® during the year.

We hope that the PlayStation®Awards can allow PlayStation® fans across Japan and Asia regions to know more about the awarded titles and experience the passion put into the game titles by game creators.

Detail of PlayStation® Awards 2015

Date: December 3, 2015 (Thursday) 17:00~
Venue: Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa, Tokyo Japan
Prizes:

Platinum Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 1 million copies

Gold Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 500,000 copies

PlayStation™Network Award: Top 3 titles which has the most digital sales through October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015

Asia Special Award: 3 titles contributed to asia business

Users' Choice Award: Top 5 titles voted by Japan Users and Top 5 titles voted by Asia users

niconico live stream starts on 12/3 15:30 JST

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv242287410

15:30 JST / 6:30 GMT / 1:30 EST / 22:30 PST (12/2)

t1449124200z0.png

EDIT:

YouTube Live stream starts on 12/3 17:00 JST

https://youtu.be/SB6OvScbMmU

17:00 JST / 8:00 GMT / 3:00 EST / 00:00 PST

t1449129600z0.png

EDIT 2:

Results in order:

Users' Choice Award:
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain (PS4/PS3: Konami Digital Entertainment)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4: Rockstar Games)
Bloodborne (PS4: Sony Computer Entertainment)
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (PS4: Spike Chunsoft)
Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4/PS3: Square Enix)

Users' Choice Award Asia:
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (PS4: CD PROJEKT RED)
Ryu ga Gotoku 0 (PS4/PS3: Sega Games)

Asia Special Award:
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (PS4: CD PROJEKT RED)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4/PS3/PS Vita: Square Enix)

PlayStation Network Award:
Minecraft (PS Vita/PS4/PS3: Mojang AB)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS Vita: Sega Games)
Final Fantasy XIV (PS4/PS3: Square Enix)

Gold Prize:
God Eater 2 Rage Burst (PS4/PS Vita: Bandai Namco Entertainment)
One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3 (PS Vita/PS4/PS3: Bandai Namco Entertainment)
Ryu ga Gotoku 0 (PS4/PS3: Sega Games)

Platinum Prize:
Minecraft (PS Vita/PS4/PS3: Mojang AB)
Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4/PS3: Square Enix)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
These games will probably have Gold Awards:

Metal Gear Solid V
Tales of Zestiria
Dragon Quest Heroes

Tizoc

These games will probably have Gold Awards:

Metal Gear Solid V
Tales of Zestiria
Dragon Quest Heroes

Interesting choices, far as I know those titles sold over 200K in Asian territories.

Shame nobody outside Japan bought DQ Heroes :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I disagree k Tales of Zestiria can win Gold Awards.

This game was totally fail in Japan when it was released for PS3.

It sold 370k+ units in 3 weeks when it launched. It might reach the Gold Award because the only requirement to reach the Gold Award is to achieve 500k sales despite the quality.

ULTROS!

Bloodborne and Disgaea 5 too

Tokyo Xanadu - No
Bloodborne - Most likely
Disgaea 5 - Lol no, it bombed in Japan even digital sales won't make it reach 500k in Asian territories.
Yoru no Nai Kuni - No

Best you could do is follow Media Create sales and you get a ballpark if it can reach Gold Awards at least.

Shame nobody outside Japan bought DQ Heroes :(

Don't make me feel bad it was either DQH or Zestiria for me :(

Too bad these don't include WW sales, that'd be way more interesting. I think The Order is the only first party, non-remaster, PS4 game that didn't sell 2 million copies right?

ULTROS!

DQH should get Platinum

If we include Asia in sales, then it might have already reached platinum status: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086621

Last I checked, NIS America were very happy about the sales of Disgaea in NA and WW. Who knows? (It should've have been on PS3 in Japan too smh)

I like living in your world pretending where Disgaea sells half a million nowadays.

Happy doesn't mean they achieved 500k sales. Not to mention Disgaea 5 hit 20-30k in the US.

Akara

Banned
If we include Asia in sales, then it might have already reached platinum status: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086621

I like living in your world pretending where Disgaea sells half a million nowadays.

Happy doesn't mean they achieved 500k sales. Not to mention Disgaea 5 hit 20-30k in the US.

I don't know where you're getting your numbers that it hit that low. The collector's edition sold out, day one editions are completely gone, the digital version charted on the NA PSN store higher than tales of zestiria and DQH, same for the season pass(Yay and yipes for that) You can get an estimate on the number of sales from how many people have uploaded data according to the in-game Data Shop. First day it released it was 20,000 and I believe its gone much higher than that after. Can't check cause im not near my ps4 right now.

ULTROS!

I don't know where you're getting your numbers that it hit that low. The collector's edition sold out, day one editions are completely gone, the digital version charted on the NA PSN store higher than tales of zestiria and DQH, same for the season pass(Yay and yipes for that) You can get an estimate on the number of sales from how many people have uploaded data according to the in-game Data Shop. First day it released it was 20,000 and I believe its gone much higher than that after. Can't check cause im not near my ps4 right now.

Check the October 2015 NPD thread.

Akara

Banned
Check the October 2015 NPD thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139444&page=28 ??? It did well according to Anihawk.

Edit*I read 31k also so you're spot on actually regarding the NPD data, but you're ignoring digital in which it charted in preeettty high in. I'm sure that number is much higher now and the fact three niche games were released that month. I'm sure all three has been grabbed at some point in time after. This is actually good numbers for the franchise and I can easily see it puling 100k. Just my two cents.

Just did some further fact checking, apparently NPD doesn't count collectors edition/launch edition bought from NIS store, so who knows how many copies that was.

Just one more interesting edit* the series is selling inline with how much the rest of its predecessors usually sell so there you have it. Since it seems to have a much stronger digital presence, Disgaea 5 might be inline to outsell its previous series!

This is 99.9% an corporate awards event.

Yeah, the closest we may get to an announcement is someone accepting an award deciding to mention some upcoming titles they have in development. There's a fan award and Falcom tends to win those, so we may hear something about the PS4/Vita Ys game.

Akara

Banned
Yeah, the closest we may get to an announcement is someone accepting an award deciding to mention some upcoming titles they have in development. There's a fan award and Falcom tends to win those, so we may hear something about the PS4/Vita Ys game.

Falcom announce Ys alreayd

miku

Curious, but any announcements for PS4, etc. for japan will occur during PSX on the 5th/6th right?

I heard Resident Evil 7 will be announced during this event because one of the guests is a big fan of Resident Evil :>

Can there even be a Platinum award? AFAIK no PS4 game has sold 1 million in Japan to date, and in 2015 I'm sure no Vita game either.

Can there even be a Platinum award? AFAIK no PS4 game has sold 1 million in Japan to date, and in 2015 I'm sure no Vita game either.

Not just Japan, award covers Asia.

GTAV achieved it.

Probably no PS4 game can do it right now, but when FFXV comes out, maybe. Asia loves FF, it can potentially make up for declined Japan sales.

GTAV achieved it.

Probably no PS4 game can do it right now, but when FFXV comes out, maybe. Asia loves FF, it can potentially make up for declined Japan sales.

What country in Asia is the biggest market for Sony consoles after Japan? I thought it was South Korea but apparently consoles are very niche over there since it all about PC games.

What Asian country is the biggest consumer of the PS4 apart from Japan?

What country in Asia is the biggest market for Sony consoles after Japan? I thought it was South Korea but apparently consoles are very niche over there since it all about PC games.

What Asian country is the biggest consumer of the PS4 apart from Japan?

Probably Taiwan & Hong Kong? SCE is very active in the Taiwanese market, they have a localisation team there just to localise games like Trails of Cold Steel.

Of course we don't know the regional splits, but my guess is Japan > Taiwan > Hong Kong.

Kudo

I can't remember did they announce anything last year.. Might watch this though cause it's at good time.

HardRojo

Guess I'll watch since I have no exams tomorrow and to kickstart the hype train that will continue its route on to TGA, PSX and Capcom Cup. Amazing weekend ahead, a Souls-style message would read.

Tizoc

less than 30 minutes to go! While I don't expect to see any announcements, much as I'd like to see some, it'll be great to see some games get the recognition they deserve.

FluxWaveZ

Okay, so the actual ceremony starts in about 1 hour and 45 minutes, but what's about to start is a pre-show, I'm guessing?

GTAV achieved it.

It's not PS4 exclusive but Minecraft should make it, shouldn't it?

Top Bottom