• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation and Microsoft suspends Facebook advertising

Neofire

Nah, they are a racist organization. They stand on street corners calling white people the white devil, they are anti-semitic as well.

They are a true hate group. But I bet they won't be kicked off Facebook.

My point is one group of Isrealites do not dictate all. The same way I wouldn't say all Caucasians are racist.
You have far worse then that on Facebook then ISUPK just quoting

There are no exceptions under the first amendment for hate speech or racist speech. One can say whatever they want unless they are threatening or inciting violence.
I already said I was mistaken about that, but you do not have the right to say whatever you want to say without any response. Propaganda, lies, and disinformation that is designed to sow social unrest falls into the category of "yelling fire in a crowded Theater."

I already said I was mistaken about that, but you do not have the right to say whatever you want to say without any response. Propaganda, lies, and disinformation that is designed to sow social unrest falls into the category of "yelling fire in a crowded Theater."

I have a feeling that we wouldn't agree as to what qualifies as propaganda, lies, and disinformation, comrade.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Facebook's big thing is connecting to relatives, friends etc. it feels like for the past 5 years Facebook has been getting drilled, folks it's a communication tool.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told employees last week that the company would not change its approach on hate speech even with scores of advertisers boycotting the platform, The Information reported Wednesday.

"We're not gonna change our policies or approach on anything because of a threat to a small percent of our revenue, or to any percent of our revenue," Zuckerberg said during a virtual town hall on Friday, according to The Information.

"My guess is that all these advertisers will be back on the platform soon enough," he said, according to The Information, adding that the boycott was a "reputational and a partner issue" rather than a financial one because most of Facebook's revenue comes from small businesses and not large brands.

It's a good stance to take, because by siding with 1 side or the other, you alienate a large swatch of your customers.

Better to stay as neutral as possible, because Facebook is now a worldwide company than just a US only one when it comes to who they reach.

Drewpee

Banned
I hope Facebook returns the favor and refuses to allow companies to advertise on their platform for as long as those companies decided to "boycott " Facebook. The companies should be forced to stand by their actions and not just virtue signal.

Paracelsus

As a resident of the United Kingdom it's absolutely insane to me that Trump has any support left, reading through the comments here has been eye opening.

Some call this "manufactured consent", same reason for any initiative that involves corporations, hashtags, tweets or whatever picture spamming.

If you read the internet, you would never think Boris Johnson stood a chance.

They're like political polls and the news, they're done to build narratives, isolate or completely remove ideas.

It works just like videogame reviews, and in fact people react in the same way.

Last edited:

Reallink

I hope Facebook returns the favor and refuses to allow companies to advertise on their platform for as long as those companies decided to "boycott " Facebook. The companies should be forced to stand by their actions and not just virtue signal.

You're thinking too small. They need to seed walls with articles on "What values do Coke-Cola, Nike, and Sony REALLY support?" Featuring expose's on their manufacture's suicide net dormitories, child sweat shops, rare earth metal slave mines, continued alliances with the CCP and their many atrocities, and their trillions of dollars in tax dodging that should be going to building out minority communities they claim to support. They could bury these companies overnight, with straight up facts. Imagine the first post on every single Instagram account or Facebook page being an op-ed to the tune of "As many corporations are extolling virtues through performative activism, it's important to see where they really stand on human rights and social justice."

Last edited:

Xplainin

Banned
My point is one group of Isrealites do not dictate all. The same way I wouldn't say all Caucasians are racist.
You have far worse then that on Facebook then ISUPK just quoting
But yet Facebook is banning other non black groups for less. That's the issue.
I dont think any of them should be banned. Its the selective banning thats the issue.

Kagey K

Banned
They will both be back sooner then a fat kid on a Smartie.

Anyone who can’t see through this, is blind to everything.

Facebook should fuck off and die in a fire, but this isn’t it,

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Facebook could just buy microsoft and sony. Cancel both next gen consoles. Fuse them together and changed their name into. Soy-Soft.

Just to make sure everyone knows who is the bitch.

wipeout364

Zuckerberg is a creep but I support his stance on this, this world is reminding me more and more of the book 1984. True Hate speech should be banned but the problem with our society is that people are defining hate speech as anything that opposes the DNC or liberal platforms.

Kerotan

I presume they've both committed to just 1 month of not advertising like the rest? Lol at Microsoft announcing the streaming partnership and then this straight after.

Top Bottom