• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urvan

Banned
Guys you are overdoing the "Jenny Tate" joke....this is getting ridiculous, it makes you look like this:

Guy1:let's include jenny tate to the roster..
Guy2:Omg, nice joke body..
Guy3:OMG, finally we made a good joke..
Guy1:eek:k guys let's over do it!

Noi

Guys you are overdoing the "Jenny Tate" joke....this is getting ridiculous, it makes you look like this:

Pot, there's someone I'd like you to meet...

Shahed

Unless you were present in the age of SenEXunk, you wouldn't understand. The passion was unrivaled, the fire grew great. We were all blessed to be uplifted by such a presence.

Alas such days weren't to last. Thus we have decided to honor our fallen comrade. To live out his dreams. To carry on his work. We cannot let such sacrifice go in vain

Kat

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's really crazy to think that this game was announced/revealed back in April, and it's coming out only 6 months after that reveal. That's pretty rare in the industry. Usually, games are announced a year to two years before release.

I prefer it this way. You can build hype for a new title, and carry it out through to release, instead of having the fire burn out because the game is still a year away.

I think this was a smart move by Sony to reveal 6 months before release. I hope more studios do this. I think, for this game, the roster talk is at fever pitch, and the game is only 2.5 months away now. I'm definitely at maximum hype levels, but at least my hype is informed by how fun the beta has been, so it's not like I'm going to be disappointed with the retail release. Lol.

I'm in the best possible scenario, I think: I'm already sold on the game in terms of fun and roster, so now it's just whittling away the days until release. I still have to pre-order it, though. Announced the PS3/Vita bundle already!

EDIT: Kate.

Shahed

It's really crazy to think that this game was announced/revealed back in April, and it's coming out only 6 months after that reveal. That's pretty rare in the industry. Usually, games are announced a year to two years before release.

I prefer it this way. You can build hype for a new title, and carry it out through to release, instead of having the fire burn out because the game is still a year away.

I think this was a smart move by Sony to reveal 6 months before release. I hope more studios do this. I think, for this game, the roster talk is at fever pitch, and the game is only 2.5 months away now. I'm definitely at maximum hype levels, but at least my hype is informed by how fun the beta has been, so it's not like I'm going to be disappointed with the retail release. Lol.

I'm in the best possible scenario, I think: I'm already sold on the game in terms of fun and roster, so now it's just whittling away the days until release. I still have to pre-order it, though. Announced the PS3/Vita bundle already!

More studios should do this. It makes the wait for the game so much more bearable, and makes it easier to maintain hype till release.

Also gives the benefit of avoiding cases like Duke Nukem, Versus XIII and The Last Guardian

Kat

Boss Man

So did I miss anything this weekend or are we still just waiting for tomorrow?

edit: Yay, my avatar is back! Gonna use the Tated up version shortly. Need some time to soak it in.

Kat

Shahed

I wonder what characters Superbot would have to announce that would kill all your hype for this game?

Well I'm gonna ignore mundane useless third party characters no one has heard of, and only focus on more well known third party characters. No first party would kill hype.

Top of the list would be Soap McTavish. It's not the CoD is a bad game. It's just that it represents the majority of what I hate about this gen, and how there is so many shooters. Plus with the exclusive advertising, it's more highly aligned with the 360 even if it does sell well on PS3.

Oh and it wouldn't kill all my hype. None would. He'd just depress me the most

Kat

Mush

Just remember kids, keep all hands and feet inside the hype train as we migrate over to the new thread.

We don't want to lose anyone now do we?

Yup I agree with the announcement close to release thing.

It wasn't too much of a wait because it's not like we actually knew of the game before hand.

I was fearing the day it was announced Omar was going to be like
"Playstation All stars Battle Royale will be out NEXT holiday season 2013"
200px-Trollface.svg.png

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
For fun, I started reading the first few pages of this thread, and it's hilarious. Funny how many people chimed in to say how shit the game was gonna be, and to just outright state their displeasure about this "pathetic" Smash Bros rip off, but have since vanished from the thread, despite there being a lot more information available concerning the game and how it plays.

I'd like to hear about their thoughts now that more is known about the game's mechanics, and there is both praise and criticism to be had about it. I just like to hear people's thoughts on something later on down the road. The game isn't out, sure, but it IS in gamer's hands right now in the beta capacity.

I played a few games earlier and didn't do too shabby, and didn't run into any spammers, so it was a good round of battles. Every time I think I'm going to get tired of the gameplay, I play some matches, and it just reinforces how much fun the game actually is. Some games (like Smash), just have a really solid core gameplay mechanic, and this is one of them. And like many games, it has those highs and lows, where, when you are ON, it's fricking fantastic, but when you are OFF, holy crap it smarts.

Still, I had some good matches with some really good players, and I felt that I held my own, even when I didn't win the match.

Kate

SSReborn

I don't remember if this was ever asked before but I figure this is as good a time as any; of all the announced (not leaked) characters who do you guys want to try the most

My top two would have to be:

Drake - I want try his crazy navigational skills like shooting a AK while swinging on a rope. I also would like to see what kind of combos he can pull off with his close range combat skills

Jak and Daxter - I want to try out the hoverboard. I also want to see if the he can spin while shooting his guns like in his games

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I wonder what characters Superbot would have to announce that would kill all your hype for this game?

No one for me. My favorites are all in the game already, so any of the others are just gravy, and if I don't like them, well, I won't play as them. At least at the beginning. I'm sure I'll beat the game with each character, but I'll probably hold off until last on any character I may not be a huge fan of. At this point, though, I'm cool with the roster, even if the leaked one is the real one.

The game is too fun for me to let a few characters that I may not have wanted "ruin" it for me.

Kate

EDIT: I want to try Cole the most. Between Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, and inFAMOUS, I think inFAMOUS may be my favorite new IP of this generation, but it's a close race with Uncharted. I love Cole, and he looks fricking awesome in this game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
While we're reminiscing, here was my first post ever about the game.

thepotatoman said:
I'm still excited for it after seeing the video, but it is a little disappointing seeing just how similar it is to smash bros. Couldn't they do something artistically to make it look more distinguished, like altering gravity, making the characters look bigger, lowering jump hight, altering the speed, doing some crazy graphics filters or something? I mean at the very least the hud could look different.

I still plan on buying the game and I think it still looks fun, but i can see why people would be wierded out, because its just wierd. Its not like this is the first ever smash clone, and all of the clones I've seen look more distinguished from SSB than this sony thing.

You have to remember that all they showed were really really quick glimpses and all they basically said was "We're making a Sony Smash Bros" at the time. And yeah at the time I expected something a bit more different. I learned to accept that it is different in more subtle yet significant ways, like with how little lag they put on most moves, compared with smash.

SSReborn

Did Superbot confirm that there will be characters shown @ Gamescom that are not leaked?

Paul Gale makes it seems as if its gonna have at least someone not on the leaked list he said one of them will cause us to have to make a new thread (though that would happen anyway)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
While we're reminiscing, here was my first post ever about the game.

You have to remember that all they showed were really really quick glimpses and all they basically said was "We're making a Sony Smash Bros" at the time. And yeah at the time I expected something a bit more different. I learned to accept that it is different in more subtle yet significant ways, like with how little lag they put on most moves, compared with smash.

Lol. I don't even know what my first post on this thread was, or how to go about finding it. I'd have to sift through a LOT of posts, though.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Paul Gale makes it seems as if its gonna have at least someone not on the leaked list he said one of them will cause us to have to make a new thread(though that would happen anyway)

I still think Sackboy could fit with Gale's hype if he's very highly customizable.

Lol. I don't even know what my first post on this thread was, or how to go about finding it. I'd have to sift through a LOT of posts, though.

I found it by the "your posts" feature, paging back before all the E3 posts, and doing a ctrl-f for the word "stars".

EDIT: Here is your first two posts i think:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37328965&highlight=#post37328965

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37334851&highlight=#post37334851

A big defender from day one.

Boss Man

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5CUbwiNJwQ&feature=g-vrec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwx3Tl3Fptg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnZuGolEMFw

Thought these were cool concepts. All by the same guy.

Personally, in my head, I imagine a cool UI to consist of a pure white background, with playstation icons floating around (instead of the XMB copy)

Oh god. I was just jumping around on the first video and heard the Shadow of the Colossus theme. If I don't hear that theme start on any of the stages, I am out.

Actually for now its a good thing SotC isn't a default stage, since it seems like once the invasion happens it happens for good and I never want that theme to be interupted.

Oh god. I was just jumping around on the first video and heard the Shadow of the Colossus theme. If I don't hear that theme start on any of the stages, I am out.

Actually for now its a good thing SotC isn't a default stage, since it seems like once the invasion happens it happens for good and I never want that theme to be interupted.

This would be on some other level of awesome if it happened. It's been on my wishlist.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
How are you finding these?

Don't you guys know about the "your posts" and "find more posts by this user" buttons? Click on your username top right for your posts and click on peoples names in the forums for thier posts. Then just click around on the page numbers until you reach around april. Add some control f to help you out and you are set.

I guess I didn't go all the way back to the original leak, but I don't remember when that happened.

Felt the same way hearing Dark Cloud 2 :p

Boss Man

Don't you guys know about the "your posts" and "find more posts by this user" buttons? Click on your username top right for your posts and click on peoples names in the forums for thier posts. Then just click around on the page numbers until you reach around april. Add some control f to help you out and you are set.

I guess I didn't go all the way back to the original leak, but I don't remember when that happened.
Oh ok, I just figured you had an easier way lol.

Boss Man

Here's mine:
The graphics seem like they'll probably look a lot better on Vita than on PS3. There's just not enough detail in them for a big screen, but when it's on a small screen and you've got that high resolution and 60FPS I bet it'll look really nice.

If I had a Vita I'd definitely buy it there instead of on PS3. Just seems like it'll fit a lot better. The game is not very fascinating to watch, but everyone who plays it seems to love it. Guess we'll see.

The highlight for me is the level design. The levels are brilliant and extremely well done. The low point is the focus of the mechanics. The supers thing just doesn't seem very fun...the pacing seems off or something. It looks like the game feels 'pointless' most of the time you're playing. I don't know how to properly explain it.

I liked the stages but was not sold on the gameplay at all lol. The beta definitely changed my mind.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

cyborg009

Banned
Yeah. The mechanics take both education and in game experience to really get. Its definitely the thing that should worry Superbot the most.

This one?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471128

Or was there another?

Thanks

here is the page from the moment the game was shown:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471128&page=42

meltdowns: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471128&page=45

The legendary post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37334939&postcount=2436

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom