• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have previously had basically no contact with the Bioshock franchise...I recently played the demo on the PSN for the first Bioshock...
I understand why a ton of people want to be Big Daddy now.

SSReborn

Question received for podcast today, and curious to hear your answers

If you were Sony, how would you advertise PSASBR?

They need to hold tournaments Single, Doubles, and Free for Fall showing High Level Play! Get the Hardcore audience excited for this game because right now they aren't that should be there first priority. Get Youtube people like Cross Counter TV a build of the game so they can start dissecting it. This needs to get the support that Uncharted 3 got and not Resistance 3 or Twisted Metal.

People keep saying they don't know these characters and that's partly Sony's fault due to abandoning most of there IP's every gen and making new ones so this is there chance to push them into peoples faces.

I think they should unify they're advertising somehow make it so indirectly (or directly) when they are advertising PSABR they are advertising their other games as well. Maybe show small glimpses of the characters in their own games or boxarts that flash on the screen.

SmithnCo

So I have previously had basically no contact with the Bioshock franchise...I recently played the demo on the PSN for the first Bioshock...

And want Raptur as a stage. :p

Columbia is okay but Rapture is where it's at.

How can so much awesome be in one picture! hha
<3

Question received for podcast today, and curious to hear your answers

If you were Sony, how would you advertise PSASBR?

Let's break it down by steps.

Marketing target: everyone with a PS3/Vita, their game sales have been shit lately. Kids, teens/adults, fighting game community, the whole gang. Not saying that Sony shouldn't take every single step, but because they don't know shit about marketing they should take any advice they can get.

Best way to reach the specific group targets:

Kids: Merchandise and a TV commercial (kinda expensive). If Activision can sell horrible looking shit like Skylanders after Spyro hasn't been relevant for years, they can cash in with this too. Definitely a PS3/PSASBR and Vita/PSASBR bundle. If the new cheaper PS3 console is really true, then they can pack heat this Christmas. Temporary price cut + PSASBR + PlayStation Plus for a couple of months to introduce people to the PS Store because they don't shove it down your throat = Enjoy your cash.

Teens/Adults: Promos in videogame stores and pre-order stuff. Internet marketing on videogame sites and YouTube and tapping the nostalgia well. This depends if they'll like the final roster. They've been doing a decent job so far with the videos, but they need to widen their horizone beyond YouTube a bit. That'll probably happen when more of the roster is revealed and has videos, like Raiden and Dante.

Fighting game community: This is already happening and seeing as Sony loves to sponsor things, it shouldn't be a problem.

The (internet) skeptics: Word of mouth is a very strong thing and Sony has to do their best to convince people that it doesn't play like Smash Bros at all (played the beta myself, it definitely doesn't.) I think there should be videos about the gameplay system, showing how many differences there are between the two. Sony forum sucks, though. They're better off visiting many gaming websites because not even I like visiting that atrocious mess of codes shaped to look like an eye-straining ok you get the picture.

Hardcore Sony fans: Fanservice. Release a soundtrack, release PSASBR-related themes/avatars/special gaming deals/etc. on PSN (and make sure to actually tell everyone.) They could trickle down tidbits before the game's release, many people have been wondering what the music is like. Give them something to anticipate and keep their appetite, because they are the majority of the customers by far.

People with standards, common sense and who don't like getting pegged: Mandatory online pass is bad enough, so no further on-disc DLC other than the pre-order costumes and if there are upcoming characters, they should be free. Sometimes companies have to swallow the bitter pill to get on the good side of the consumers and now is definitely the time, because despite their occasional generosity, Sony still has a shit reputation. (I'm not saying all DLC is bad and I don't feel like arguing today so bleh)

And last but not least, us: GAF has plenty of influence, so give us exclusive details and information. Like, the roster. No need to tell everyone, you could just tell me. Right now, PM me. Goddamn Sony.

SSReborn

This is cool I remember playing Ape Escape recently to get familiar with Spike. I also played Heavenly Sword demo recently to re-familiarize myself with Nariko's moveset and now I'm even more excited for the character.

What games have you guys played recently to get familiar with characters in PSABR.

Edit: CC Tate this avatar up if you don't mind I'd prefer to use it over my last one.

SSReborn

Ughh...

skylanders-spyro-statue-toy-fair-2011_144x144.jpg

SykoTech

Would you guys rather have Skylanders Spyro or no Spyro at all?

No Spyro. And that's coming from someone who loved the PS1 Spyro's to death.

I can deal with New Dante.
I tolerated Dreads Spencer in Marvel vs Capcom 3.
I might even be able to handle New Crash Bandicoot if I try really hard.

But Spyro....just no. One of the worst character redesigns I have ever seen.

EDIT: I guess I'd be good if he came with a Classic Spyro alternate.

Spinluck

She represents the series fall from grace critically and it's falling out of Playstation exclusivity.

Lol, I remember this fiasco. Some of the fan reaction was hilarious, anyways, the funny thing is, is that if it were a PS3 exclusive it would probably still be successful. Didn't it sell a megaton on PS3 alone?

Anyways, Lightning may not be a favorite, but I don't recall a main FF character having as unique of a fighting style as hers. So that's why I want her.

WillyFive

Are you guys kidding? Having various Spyro Skylanders characters in the game would do great for the game.

Who cares if Spyro doesn't look like he did like in the PS1? Imagine all the kids who love Skylanders who could be potential costumers for this game.

SSReborn

Are you guys kidding? Having various Spyro Skylanders characters in the game would do great for the game.

Who cares if Spyro doesn't look like he did like in the PS1? Imagine all the kids who love Skylanders who could be potential costumers for this game.

...And throw morals away

(Sorry had to use this lol really wouldn't care either way but that dude is really ugg)

Oh and CC I changed it at first I couldn't tell what you did but I caught it after

Drencrom

Don't make me say it Willy...

No problem with just Skylander Spyro (even though he's ugly as sin)

Just because Spyro is in the game, doesn't guarantee they'll buy it immediately. If I'm understanding correctly, they're buying those hideous statues that act as DLC or something, kids love to collect crazy shit. There has to be like a meta-game or something that could be exploited as merchandise.

This is cool I remember playing Ape Escape recently to get familiar with Spike. I also played Heavenly Sword demo recently to re-familiarize myself with Nariko's moveset and now I'm even more excited for the character.

What games have you guys played recently to get familiar with characters in PSABR.

Edit: CC Tate this avatar up if you don't mind I'd prefer to use it over my last one.

I have been replaying Ape Escape On The Loose!

Kurod

Banned
Haha, impressive CC. Why a creative person like yourself would care about an unoriginal game is puzzling ;)

You can be creative and still like the game. It's only a matter of giving up your morals.
I'm kidding for those of you that didn't pick up on it

It was made in mind with the beta already being out in public. :x PSblog said they will _maybe_ give information tomorrow. Once it does, I'll edit it immediately and ask a mod to change the title that encourages forumers to read the OP.

They're not evil, they're just a tad clingy. Think of them as Pikmins. :)

In about 10-12 hours, the new thread will go up. Time to say our last prayers and recall the wonderful times before this gets closed and purged towards its final resting place. ( u_u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom