• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Looking back on the official beta leak topic:

MODES AND RANDOM:
•Arcade mode
•Solo Play
•LAN game
•Free Roam! (????)
•Challenge Trials..This Trials set involves fun trials with unique gameplay
•Training options
•Gold Stars Collected
•Countdown Attack
•Character Trials...This Trials set involves mastering one character at a time
•King of the Hill
•Capture the Flag
•General Trials The Trials set involves finding success with the fundametals of the game
•Elimination Round 3
•(Insane AI), (Hard AI), (Normal AI), (Easy AI)
•Customize Characters
•Clue Bottles
•Killer Bees
•Accessorize
•Kills are worth +2 Score and Deaths are worth -1 (this is mainly for info)
•Berzerker
•Great Mighty Scythe
•Grabinator
•You gotta do what? I gotta receive!
•Disband Party
•Quick Match Game: Select Your Options
•Season Leaderboard
•Max Supers Kills
•Recent Players

I would be happy seeing characters that were in the leak at gamescom. But I would love it if I were surprised by a truly awesome character reveal. One of the (not leaked) most wanted characters would be amazing. I'm sure they won't show Crash yet if they have him. Spyro either since it would basically say Crash is likely to be in. Personal favorites include Spyro, Sora, Scorpion and KAT. A Kat reveal would be insane

A Kat reveal would be awesome for a select few, and maybe insane for one person, but not for the majority. Most Playstation fans dont even know who she is. So no I wouldnt go as far as to say it would be insane. Cloud, Crash, and Snake are the only reveals that would be insane.

Besides those three characters, my personally most wanted character is Conner(then Kat lol). I really dont see how they would not have him or Ezio, seeing as Sony and Ubisoft are in bed together right now, and Ubisoft seems to love putting the Assassin Creed IP in other games. If hes not in, he must be a planned DLC character. Its the only logical explination. Which is maybe something Sony had to agree to do in order for them to give exclusive content to the PS3 version of AC3 and to do a Vita game. As in they would be getting profits from the DLC sales too.he

Connor at Gamescom is my prediction still. I refuse to believe that Ubisoft out of all didn't get/give a character. I'd imagine once they heard about this game they hold Superbot at gunpoint to have assassin as character.

lol I agree. The question is do they decide to do it as a launch or DLC character? Popular 3rd party characters like an Assassin or FF character like Cloud are going to be very lucrative as DLC. Seems like it would be a tempting proposition. Its also the 2nd resort when a company says no, and wants money for the character. I dont think Ubisoft would be that dev though(SE or Activision probably is), unless it was apart of a deal for multiple things. Ubisoft seems to be doing multiple things for Sony right now.

EA has always seemed like a big supporter of Sony(BF3), any idea why wouldnt get an EA character? Issac Clark?

Connor at Gamescom is my prediction still. I refuse to believe that Ubisoft out of all didn't get/give a character. I'd imagine once they heard about this game they hold Superbot at gunpoint to have assassin as character.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
A Kat reveal would be awesome for a select few, and maybe insane for one person, but not for the majority. Most Playstation fans dont even know who she is. So no I wouldnt go as far as to say it would be insane. Cloud, Crash, and Snake are the only reveals that would be insane.

You make me sad. Why must you ruin our Kat party?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
^ That's not a party, more like a group of creepy salivating otakus in a treehouse.

Whatever and whoever is revealed at Gamescom, my Photoshop is ready.

Ouch man. Didn't realize you had so much hate for Kat.

Wait a second you are just trying to get us riled up to reach 20,000 aren't you?

Ouch man. Didn't realize you had so much hate for Kat.

Wait a second you are just trying to get us riled up to reach 20,000 aren't you?

tumblr_m4ii4jGi2I1qb64s9.png

well guys squareenix probably will not put lighting or cloud in the game

they will instead choose character for promoting their upcoming game which is Noctis from square side and Hrist from enix side.
in my dream

Jawmuncher

So I was just randomly remembering games and I'm was wondering if this was brought up at all during conversations.

The_Mark_of_Kri_Coverart.png

In all honesty for the sequel (It's gonna happen people)
I hope they throw in a bit more obscure/forgotten charcaters into the mix

So I was just randomly remembering games and I'm was wondering if this was brought up at all during conversations.

There's supposedly a weapon pickup from this game in PSAS. I forgot what the exact source was, but it was fairly early, before the recent leakfest.
Kat?

Hyuga

Banned

The_Mark_of_Kri_Coverart.png

Yes, I have mentioned it. Rau Utu should be in PSASBR ;)
btw. There is already a sequel ;P

Spinluck

Lightning is one of the most hated persons in FF history, if they put her and Dino in many people will be mad.

Is Lightning hated? Or is Final Fantasy XIII hated? I know you can just say both, but at least try to take a step back before you answer it. We can all agree Cloud is by far the fan favorite of the franchise, right? Which is why a lot of the time you hear how FFVII is the best FF(which is really really questionable objectively speaking), but perhaps their opinion would change if they disassociated Cloud with from FFVII. Same with Lightning and FFXIII.

Is it her personality? I don't recall the majority main FF characters having much of a personality anyways. And yes, that goes for Cloud too :p. The characters in FFXIII weren't really that bad, the story was just shit, and had no focus(pun intended). One scene they'd focus on Lightning and the cast(her best moments were when she was paired with Hope in the beginning and how she was towards the end of the game), then the next scene was some irrelevant crap that would eventually feel overdone(
Like Lightning being an asshole on her birthday, and bitch slapping Snow
).

It was just inconsistent at times.

I'd be glad to have either one of them in this game, but more girls in the cast would be nice. Plus Lightning just seems more interesting to me as a fighter, I loved the way she moved in FFXIII's combat, agile and acrobatic, plus the way she can just toss up magic and has a gunblade thing going for her adds to her depth.

I don't really even have a favorite FF character, and my favorite FF's are FFIV, FFVI, FFIX, and FFXII. Everyone else might not agree, but at least if she does make it, it wouldn't just be a wasted slot. She's a pretty worthy character imo.

The more I think about it, after seeing other posts and thinking back to the game, Legend of Dragoon makes the most sense to be the RPG character that Paul was hinting at. I mean, c'mon it was one of Sony's BIGGEST and most ambitious projects to date. How can they not represent it with at least a stage or an item, but having Dart in the game would make the most sense. I think his playstyle would be really fun to adapt into the game, and he would really bring something unique to the game.

BadWolf

The more I think about it, after seeing other posts and thinking back to the game, Legend of Dragoon makes the most sense to be the RPG character that Paul was hinting at. I mean, c'mon it was one of Sony's BIGGEST and most ambitious projects to date. How can they not represent it with at least a stage or an item, but having Dart in the game would make the most sense. I think his playstyle would be really fun to adapt into the game, and he would really bring something unique to the game.

Over an FF character? No way.

If there is more than one rpg rep then sure but if its only one then an FF character would do much more for the game.

Jawmuncher

Is Lightning hated? Or is Final Fantasy XIII hated? I know you can just say both, but at least try to take a step back before you answer it. We can all agree Cloud is by far the fan favorite of the franchise, right? Which is why a lot of the time you hear how FFVII is the best FF(which is really really questionable objectively speaking), but perhaps their opinion would change if they disassociated Cloud with from FFVII. Same with Lightning and FFXIII.

Is it her personality? I don't recall the majority main FF characters having much of a personality anyways. And yes, that goes for Cloud too :p. The characters in FFXIII weren't really that bad, the story was just shit, and had no focus(pun intended). One scene they'd focus on Lightning and the cast(her best moments were when she was paired with Hope in the beginning and how she was towards the end of the game), then the next scene was some irrelevant crap that would eventually feel overdone(
Like Lightning being an asshole on her birthday, and bitch slapping Snow
).

It was just inconsistent at times.

I'd be glad to have either one of them in this game, but more girls in the cast would be nice. Plus Lightning just seems more interesting to me as a fighter, I loved the way she moved in FFXIII's combat, agile and acrobatic, plus the way she can just toss up magic and has a gunblade thing going for her adds to her depth.

I don't really even have a favorite FF character, and my favorite FF's are FFIV, FFVI, FFIX, and FFXII. Everyone else might not agree, but at least if she does make it, it wouldn't just be a wasted slot. She's a pretty worthy character imo.

The characters were my favorite part of FF13, I think she would be a good addition as well. Since shes a capable fighter and she could fill a female slot. Honestly FF is big enough to have more than one rep as well.

I guess we have to see what the future holds, but Lightning would not bother me at all.
(If it was her sister though........)

.la1n

The characters were my favorite part of FF13, I think she would be a good addition as well. Since shes a capable fighter and she could fill a female slot. Honestly FF is big enough to have more than one rep as well.

I guess we have to see what the future holds, but Lightning would not bother me at all.
(If it was her sister though........)

Agreed. As much as I prefer to have older generation mascots represented head and shoulders above anything from this gen I can't help but be okay with someone from FF13, the cast was fairly solid and would make interesting fighters.

TheMink

And by the way, no, it's not fun knowing this info and not sharing it/seeing people aching to know more. The friends that you've become to me during this journey makes me want to tell you all so badly...including whatever naysayers of me there are (because we're all in this together at the end of the day), but I can't for from a couple dozen people, suddenly hundreds, thousands, and then a few million would know in a matter of one weekend. I respect you all though and thanks for always keeping it entertaining.

However I plan to slowly unveil my new Xbox 360 exclusive is going to have a lot to stack up to...

ibgUrZhk6hR4Xb.gif

Over an FF character? No way.

If there is more than one rpg rep then sure but if its only one then an FF character would do much more for the game.

Yeah but the problem is, if we get a FF character, it's going to be Lightning, and I'd rather have someone else than her. Someone mentioned on here how long it took for Square to get off their collective asses and finally finalize the FF VII dlc for Little Big Planet. Remember how long that took? 2 years? It was something ridiculous like that.

I SERIOUSLY doubt we'll see anyone other than Lightning, which is someone a lot of us don't want from FF. She represents the series fall from grace critically and it's falling out of Playstation exclusivity. FF XIII was the reason why a lot of RPG fans bought a PS3, and then they were like ;) HERR DERR, WE'RE GOING MULTIPLAT GAIZ!, which naturally got a lot of fans upset because content was cut (and the reason they bought a PS3 for is gone).

Overall she's just a bad, bad stain on what a lot of fans remember the FF games for. There are fans of the game, I know, but the people who don't like it for various reasons far outweigh the ones who like it. The same can be said for XII really (I enjoyed XII though).

If we get a FF character, it'll be Lightning and that'll be highly disappointing because we're almost unanimous in demand for characters from other FF games. I say Superbot just avoids that giant turd of a character/game. As I said before, it's just like how Capcom should just not put Dante in because if they do, it's definitely going to be Dino (and that'll make a lot of people unhappy).

Overall I'm really happy with the roster so far so I have faith in Superbot to make some awesome additions to it - I just hope it isn't something to promote an upcoming game rather than something that'll make the fans happy, whether I like the addition or not. Overall, I'd rather have the roster be awesome and fun, that's all. Anyway, the wait until Tuesday is excruciating.

Yay, FF discussion :/

Hey I never mentioned FF in my recent post, just that Dart from LoD makes the most sense. It's basically THE Playstation RPG, one of Sony's biggest internal projects, and quite the memorable RPG altogether. I think his inclusion would just be awesome, fans and even non-fans would welcome it over Lightning, who mostly just rouses arguments or debates. I understand people like her as a character and or they like the game itself, but I personally don't, I just don't agree with her being the RPG rep over many other worthwhile characters.

FF7 had nice music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oPqxoGzorI

Cloud in a wheelchair bobbing his back and forth was funny shit though.

FF VII did have amazing music, some of the most memorable I've ever heard in a video game. In a perfect world, we'd get Cloud, or maybe Sephiroth. Or both?! I mean, I would be SO HAPPY if we got Cloud, but his inclusion doesn't make sense currently over Lightning. I just can't see Square Enix saying "You know, fans really want an older FF character over what we're currently pushing..", you know? As a huge fan of the older FF games, I'd love to see someone from an older game - I just can't see Square agreeing with the fans.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
What if the final boss is Activision and you have to free Crash and Spyro from them ...

I'm imagining the Shao Kahn stage from MKII, Crash and Spyro chained-up on either side of Bobby Kotick's throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom