• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

Every couple of months, they will be at Evo with new characters.

I'm not expecting anyone other than Snake, Cole, Ratchet, Jak, and Sackboy to be shown there. They could pull another Big Daddy surprise, though; but again, Snake.
Also:
tumblr_los2dszYk91qc2eojo1_1280.jpg
C'mon Capcom, don't disappoint.

Endo Punk

As much as I want Dante there is no way Capcom wll let SuperBot use the original version now that they have a brand new Dante releasing 3 months later. And if SuperBot allows new Dante in the game that's one sale lost because I will definitely not purchase it.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
man...I would cry my self to sleep if they announced DINO in this game over the OG style Dante's.

What. The. Fuck.

Don't even play around saying shit like that guys. Jesus.

Raonak

Banned
As much as I want Dante there is no way Capcom wll let SuperBot use the original version now that they have a brand new Dante releasing 3 months later. And if SuperBot allows new Dante in the game that's one sale lost because I will definitely not purchase it.

I will rage from the heavens if DINO is in.

hopefully NT/capcom wouldn't let them use dino for the fact that it could lead to spoilers.
they have a story mode right? I can't see superbot having access to the story and whanot while the game(DmC) is still in development.

Endo Punk

I will rage from the heavens if DINO is in.

hopefully NT/capcom wouldn't let them use dino for the fact that it could lead to spoilers.
they have a story mode right? I can't see superbot having access to the story and whanot while the game(DmC) is still in development.
I hope you're right because OG Dante would be perfect for this game since he was a big part of PlayStation last gen. Even as a 2nd costume the new Donte would completely put me off any game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Its the same thing for Lara, Spyro, and maybe even Crash. There is going to be a lot of rage when one of these characters get confirmed and people realize this.

SmithnCo

Its the same thing for Lara, Spyro, and maybe even Crash. There is going to be a lot of rage when one of these characters get confirmed and people realize this.

Man, Skylanders Spyro is so damn ugly.

I don't think them using new Dante is necessarily a given, they might want to use the more recognizable design. Hard to tell how stuff like this will shake out before we know how many third parties are involved though.

Shahed

Can't wait for more info on the single player mode. Quite enjoyed Subspace Emissary in Brawl. Was god fun, and introduced you to all the characters so you could get used to them. I can just imagine Drake cracking jokes and one liners that piss Kratos off and the like.

Oh and I'd love for Kat to be in the game. Sure it's a new game but not only would it help promote the game, but it also helps balance the female and Japanese roster. They should also have Rose from Legend of Dragoon!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I'm not sure if Capcom would let anybody into this game. The cross over fighter genre is something they are heavily involved in. I'm not sure if they want people to start buying PAS in order to fight with Dante when they could be buying UMvC3 to do just that.

Loudninja

Heh Jim Sterling impressions
All the characters felt different to play with, and fought in a way that remained remarkably true to them. Radec feels like the brutal soldier he was trained to be, firing a range of Helghan weaponry and wielding his signature combat knife. Sweet Tooth is heavy but has fast and chaotic attacks with an arsenal of classic Twisted Metal weapons. Meanwhile, the Big Daddy lumbers forth and utilizes a host of recognizable Plasmids, as well as his vicious drill.

Yes, this game is shamelessly copying Nintendo, but it seems to be doing it well so far. I think I can live with that.
http://www.destructoid.com/jimpressions-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-229393.phtml

I really dont see Dante fitting into this roster.

Soon its going to be a question whether or not theres too many gun wielding characters.

Think about variety and unique characters with unique abilities.

Plus, just like James Bond and I dont quite see how Dante represents the playstation brand.

Akainu

Soon its going to be a question whether or not theres too many gun wielding characters.

Plus, just like James Bond and I dont quite see how Dante represents the playstation brand.
The first three were only on the playstation. Even Viewtiful Joe had Dante as a extra for the playstation version. Why not? Also he uses weapons other than guns.

Shahed

That mode was complete crap.

I'm not saying it was anything amazing, but it was good harmless fun. But more importantly, it forced me to use all the characters. There's some characters I probably would have never really picked otherwise, instead sticking to characters I like such as Link, Snake and Samus.

man...I would cry my self to sleep if they announced DINO in this game over the OG style Dante's.

What. The. Fuck.

Don't even play around saying shit like that guys. Jesus.

I knew about Donte, but Dino? There was a thread on the DMC forums for it but no one will ever explain it :(

Endo Punk

One character that is just impossible to bring over is Vib Ribbon. I mean how would you even show him as a fighter? He would be completely invisible, the sountrack and game itself could make for a neat stage.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

20ap20p.gif

This hands on preview has me a bit worried about balancing again:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/new...Preview-–-Sony-s-Super-Smash-Shenanigans.html

"Based on our hands-on, the characters don't seem all that evenly matched, and when it's hard to determine who's hitting who amid chaotic four player melees, coming out on top seems like luck and arbitrary button-mashing over any real skill."

Outside of that though, they have glowing praise for the game:

"That's not to say that PlayStation All-Stars isn't still immense fun, because with such pleasingly bold visuals and huge special moves, it's impossible not to crack a smile."

and

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is enormous fun to play, even with strangers, so we can only imagine the raucous joy that playing with friends will provide. It's the sort of game that'll be in constant rotation on your PS3 and Vita, which makes you wonder why Sony didn't think to do this sooner."

I'm almost finished that blog comparing SSB and All-Stars, I'm making sure I hit all the crucial parts that make them different and going into as much detail as I can with the little actual info the devs have put out.

Torgo

We got to interview a couple of the devs for this game at R3, and I learned more about the game in that time than anywhere else. It starts at around 3:15:00 in.

Episode 271

We got to interview a couple of the devs for this game at R3, and I learned more about the game in that time than anywhere else. It starts at around 3:15:00 in.

Episode 271

Sweet, I'll have to download this and digest it later after work. I was going to publish my blog today but I'm gonna wait until after I hear this.

Nothing really new but a lil summary:

-There will be unlockables
-Online tournament modes
-Multiple costumes/colors
-Overtime will make your super meter fill up at double speed. If there is still a draw new overtime will fill the meter up at triple and finally at quadruple speed.
-They are not working on DLC atm

-Online tournament modes
-Overtime will make your super meter fill up at double speed. If there is still a draw new overtime will fill the meter up at triple and finally at quadruple speed.

I just got home, started listening just to hear this stuff but I'm really enjoying this podcast, I'll probably start listening to these guys from now on. Still, this is great stuff to have confirmed! I was worried they would just glance over unlockables, that was something I LOVED about the Smash Bros. games.

No DLC work right now means everything will be available on disc and won't have any of that bullshit of paying to get the full experience, thank god. I'd enjoy characters, levels and such later, but AFTER the main game is shipped. So tired of games bending customers over for this.

Mr. Fix

Here's hoping for x3 and x4 overtime.

Excellent, so when they say that the final roster hasn't been decided yet (including that new batch of characters before e3), we can expect more from the game on release/disc.

Ravage

-Online tournament modes

Sounds good! I hope there will be a diverse range of costumes. Dressing up those characters can really add to the fun factor.

Drencrom

-Online tournament modes

Great stuff, really like that they don't plan DLC before release and hopefully don't withhold content. The costume thing maybe means that they have different versions of Snake (solid, old etc).

For a new studio these guys are definitely sending out the right messages and conducting themselves very well considering the backlash the game is getting from certain parts of the gaming community.

Endo Punk

For a new studio these guys are definitely sending out the right messages and conducting themselves very well considering the backlash the game is getting from certain parts of the gaming community.

I agree Superbot is saying all the right things with this game It's a shame some people feel so protective over the genre. I mean how can anyone own a genre? I would have preferred a 3D Battle Royale but Im warming up to this game, will make a nice change with all the 3D fighters releasing around that time.

I-hate-u

I agree Superbot is saying all the right things with this game It's a shame some people feel so protective over the genre. I mean how can anyone own a genre? I would have preferred a 3D Battle Royale but Im warming up to this game, will make a nice change with all the 3D fighters releasing around that time.

In my opinion, SSB and PABR are only common in that they are 4 player brawler and maybe some PABR characters take some inspirations from SSB. The mechanics are completely different and the hardcore fighting game players who played it @ E3 liked it.

If the game is well received then hopefully the amount of the "lul it copied supr smash bros" comments will reduce, I doubt they will stop completely though.

There is no need to worry about balancing for a game that is in pre-alpha. All fighting games get balanced towards the end of the development.

True, true. I keep forgetting it's not even that far in development and it's already so polished in both visuals and gameplay mechanics. I'm super excited for the game, I can't wait for the next reveal. I think we're all assuming it's going to be at Evo, which is July 6th, or Comic Con San Diego, which is July 12th.

SSReborn

If the game is well received then hopefully the amount of the "lul it copied supr smash bros" comments will reduce, I doubt they will stop completely though.

It will never completely go away people still to this day say Uncharted is just a Tomb Raider rip off with a male lead though the gameplay of both games are very different.

KillGore

There is no need to worry about balancing for a game that is in pre-alpha. All fighting games get balanced towards the end of the development.

Luckily PS3 games can get patched, so if there really is a unbalanced character, a simple patch should fix it, that's something Brawl and previous smash could not do.

Cyberia

It's quite a long dev time, but the company only has like 50 people.

Not true.

And now there's SuperBot, a 2009-born, 100-strong indie team "nurtured within Sony Santa Monica," as the studio head phrases it. Its first game is PlayStation All-Stars and it has amassed for this task a team whose collective CV includes UFC, WWE, Gears of War, Mortal Kombat and God of War.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rs-battle-royale-preview-super-smashing-great

Takao

Banned
So it's taken a team of 100 three years to make this game. I guess that makes Team Ico's team of like 50, and 7 years normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom