• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can make other third party characters DLC if they want that didn't fit into the original development period, like a Capcom/Sega/Namco/Ubisoft/whatever crew. But honestly, I think it'll just break the community apart in this case depending on how it's distributed. This is a game that you want to bring to many places as possible and downloading online passes/DLC/activating and deactivating shit can be a hassle. It's still too early to say how Sony will handle it, they do allow free DLC unlike Microsoft so there's a glimmer of hope, but customer convenience should be the main concern here. Time will tell, really.

I'm not against all forms of DLC, but you can't go overboard, either. Gran Turismo 5 patches say hi. =|

I think a Demon's Souls character would be cool in this, and a stage.

Same here. One thing I absolutely hated about the press con was the terrible, TERRIBLE music in the beginning of the All-Stars trailer. Am I the only person who felt this way? How cheap are those samples they're using? Dear god, it was like hearing a trumpet being blown from within a hippo's ass.

I SINCERELY hope they change that music to something that's epic and appropriate for how glorious this cross over is. The music from the beginning of the trailer was just uninspired and lame in my opinion.

That music reminds me of something from like a super cheesy outdated cartoon like Johnny Quest or something when a villain comes out

I honestly didn't mind the music, though I definitely hope they work on an official theme song. I think a proper theme song is something huge for a fighter, and they also need to change the very dead "Ready? Fight.." voice over as he sounds very boring.

Presentation of the opening music/concept is important, the game can win over so many with all-around charm.

Ploid 3.0

I think many would like it if developers cared as much about their game after it was released like PD. I don't think that i've ever seen a console game supported like they've supported GT5 since it was released.

Loved PD dlc. Seasonal Events were awesome. They kept adding them and I was happy.

Oh thank you, thank you thank you!!! Dear God I was worried that they were actually considering using that as the theme. The rest of the song is actually pretty cool, I thought they were two separate song clips because the intro sounds so TERRIBLE to me. Like holy shit those samples sound bad.

I literally find it almost painful that they sound so bad to me, I'm not an advanced composer but I have composed some stuff for my game design classes before and the samples I used were of the best quality I could find/afford
quantum leap samples
. I usually prefer stuff with optimal production quality and or samples/instruments as well so.. blech.

Yeah, It's the intro to an album of electronic music, so it's supposed to sound synthy. It really is all one song.

Hm, speaking of opening/official themes, what song would you guys like to see as the official music for PS:A, assuming they don't just make their own?

I think it should be something like THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pVfWH3B3sc

It's just amazing. I understand All-Stars has it's own characters with their own styles and themes, but they should do just that - have an insanely epic intro featuring all the characters in their own environments getting ready for battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__LpUJF62U

Honestly I think this is THE BEST menu theme in the SSB series. The menu theme in this has to be equally as epic.

THERE CAN BE NO CONFORMING OR CUTTING OF COSTS. IT MUST ALL BE INSANELY AWESOME. I know, I know I'm referencing the very game that is often said All-Stars is copying from but MAN I LOVE THE MUSIC AND INTRO FROM MELEE. Brawl had an amazing selection of music as well but the intro and menu music couldn't compare to Melee's.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Considering Game Republic is dead, I don't think we'll be seeing any of their stuff tbh.

Why? Sony owns the Folklore IP for example, so they can do with it as they please.

I'm still hoping for Ellen to show up, although I understand more people want more classic characters.

If I had to choose 4 characters from this generation to represent the PS3, they'd be

Drake (Uncharted)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Ellen (Folklore)
Cole MacGrath (inFAMOUS)

For PS2:

Kratos (God of War)
Jak and Daxter
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank

For PS1:

PaRappa
Alundra
Spike or Specter (Ape Escape)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)

PSP:

Jeanne D'Arc
Patapon
Gabe Logan (PS1 character, but I think the PSP Syphon Filters really brought the series, and Gabe, into his own)
Loco Roco

PS Vita:

Kat (Gravity Rush)
Lil and Laarg (Escape Plan)
The Blob (Mutant Blobs Attack- although the series originated on PS3)
Juan (Guacamelee)

I think this roster would be my ideal setup, with some third party characters like Cloud, Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Solid Snake, and Chris or Jill, all in their original designs, for maximum nostalgia. A nice mix of old and new.

Any franchises not represented by a player character would be represented by a stage or a power up.

Hidden, or unlockable characters:

Lazarus Jones (Ghosthunter)
Jennifer Tate (Primal)
Rau or Tati (The Mark of Kri, Rise of the Kasai)
Ari and Stan (Okage: The Shadow King)

Characters like Rose, from Legend of Dragoon, Max and Monica from Dark Cloud 2, Leonard from White Knight Chronicles, Jaster or Kisalla from Rogue Galaxy, would be DLC characters.

I think Superbot is showing a lot more characters from this generation (not including Kratos, Sly, and PaRappa), because they are building hype by showing the more immediately familiar characters to the audience. I think some of us are going to be surprised with who they bring out of the vault for this game. At least, I hope so...

Takao

Banned
Oh man if Jeane were to make it in... Also, you forgot Invizimals for PSP. I'd remove LocoRoco since that would be a weird fighter, and the space is taken up by Mutant Blob. I'd include Tigershark or something, dude looks cool:

DzaHp.jpg

Since it's a battling game he's already got fighting moves.

I am really surprised at the lack of Wanderer on most people's lists. Yeah people have mentioned him already but a lot don't. I honestly thought he would be a shoe in and way more representable compared to Ico/Yorda. His move set and specials would be incredibly easy to implement.

If people think Ico/Yorda are a kinda Ice climber duo possibility, I still think that specialty would be lessened to the no brainer duo's of Rachet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. Ico is more fitting for a stage IMO as Ico and Yorda aren't known for fighting but more like traversing and puzzle solving. Wanderer on the other hand is a fighter. Sword, bows and arrows ect.

Easily my most wanted character.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Oh man if Jeane were to make it in... Also, you forgot Invizimals for PSP. I'd remove LocoRoco since that would be a weird fighter, and the space is taken up by Mutant Blob. I'd include Tigershark or something, dude looks cool:

DzaHp.jpg

Since it's a battling game he's already got fighting moves.

You know, I toyed around with putting Invizimals on the list, but I wasn't sure of how much you guys were into it. I've never played the games, but I heard they were pretty cool.

That Tigershark would be an awesome addition! So, yeah, swap out Loco Roco, and just use them as a stage background (which would be also if they mashed it together with something like Motorstorm. Lol.

I'd love for Jeanne, Jennifer, Ellen, and Nariko to make it in more than any other first party Sony IP characters. I loved each of their games, and they're such great characters (in particular Jen and Nariko). Ellen I just think has awesome potential for badass combat, with an arsenal of Folks to use.

Each character has 24 moves according to Omar, which is crazy to me, but awesome.

EDIT: The only reason why I didn't include Wander, is because I don't really see him having the broad range of skills to compete with the others on the list. I love SOTC (one of my favorite games of all time). Same reason why I left Ico off the list. I'd love to see them in the game as background elements.

Imagine a stage with Twisted Metal vehicles racing across the track, battling, when suddenly, the bird colossus swoops onto the track and starts wrecking shop, and then Wander rides in on Agro and starts battling the Colossus, climbing it and attacking it's glowing weak points as it flies around in the background. All while you and your friends are fighting it out with the player characters.

KevinCow

Banned
I've never played Invisimals but I would play as Tigershark because god damn, look at that thing. It's both a tiger AND a shark!

I am really surprised at the lack of Wanderer on most people's lists. Yeah people have mentioned him already but a lot don't. I honestly thought he would be a shoe in and way more representable compared to Ico/Yorda. His move set and specials would be incredibly easy to implement.

If people think Ico/Yorda are a kinda Ice climber duo possibility, I still think that specialty would be lessened to the no brainer duo's of Rachet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. Ico is more fitting for a stage IMO as Ico and Yorda aren't known for fighting but more like traversing and puzzle solving. Wanderer on the other hand is a fighter. Sword, bows and arrows ect.

Easily my most wanted character.

It's OK, I'm right with you <3

Wanderer, Sephiroth/Cloud, Ratchet, and Max/Monica from Dark Cloud 2 would make me complete

SSReborn

I know kratos' supers are already set but I recently had a cool idea for one. Imagine if he pulled out a medusa head and it turned everyone to stone. Then everyone has to jiggle the analog to break free(like in his games)while he tries to get as many kills as possible.

Too bad patapon is already cameo fighting hades stage. Background cameo of patapon vs loco roco could be hilarious, loco roco start as multiple small blob and then combine to giant loco roco that patapon fight.

Takao

Banned
Doesn't this shit sell gangbusters in Yurope?

PUT 'EM ON THE COVER!

Gangbusters isn't the right word, but yes, they sell very well in Europe to the point where it helped revitalize the PSP. EU is the only region that's getting new PSP published titles by SCE in 2012.

KevinCow

Banned
I know kratos' supers are already set but I recently had a cool idea for one. Imagine if he pulled out a medusa head and it turned everyone to stone. Then everyone has to jiggle the analog to break free(like in his games)while he tries to get as many kills as possible.

It's not a super, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Kratos pull out a Medusa head.

I think many would like it if developers cared as much about their game after it was released like PD. I don't think that i've ever seen a console game supported like they've supported GT5 since it was released.

Sure, but again, I'm talking about convenience. I don't see huge mandatory online patches happening early, though.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's not a super, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Kratos pull out a Medusa head.

He does. He uses it like a kind of mid range Medusa shot gun. Lol. It doesn't turn people to stone, though.

I was actually really impressed with how many of Kratos' moves/weapons he had when I was messing around. I can't remember all of them, but I do remember using the Medusa head, the Cestus, his bow and arrow, the Blades of Chaos, of course, The Sword of Zeus for a level 1 super, and I can't remember the others, though. I think the Barbarian hammer was a ground pound move that was quite useful.

I'm so damned stoked for this game. I really, really can't wait to play it again.

Nakiro

If I had to choose 4 characters from this generation to represent the PS3, they'd be

Drake (Uncharted)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Ellen (Folklore)
Cole MacGrath (inFAMOUS)

I would actually pick Keats over Ellen. I would imagine Ellen would be playing a lot like Fat Princess since she's mid-long range and fights with minions.
Keats on the other hand had his rage mode which I would love to see in the game.

If sackboy is in one of his supers needs to be him blowing up himself and causing an area of effect explosion. Sackboy would have to respawn as well but it wouldn't count as a death. Problem is making the attack work fast enough that not everyone escapes.

If sackboy is in one of his supers needs to be him blowing up himself and causing an area of effect explosion. Sackboy would have to respawn as well but it wouldn't count as a death. Problem is making the attack work fast enough that not everyone escapes.

that'd be priceless. i'd love it if they incorporated some 'creating' aspect to his level 3.

random, but i was talking to my good friend about this game. Wouldnt it be so great if we had a FF level? where the level changes cause of the summons? Bahamut could shoot his purple fireballs from above (you'll see purple indicators on the floor), ifrit will put the entire floor on fire (you'll have to stay on platforms), shiva will submerge the level and all that. and of course... Vivi fighting them in the back.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yeah, Keats would be cool too, but I'd love to see more female characters in the game. Since they pretty much share the bulk of the same Folks, the only thing that separate them is Keat's rage mode, which I guess could be tied to his Level 3 super, but I'd prefer the Level 3 Super to be summoning one of the gigantic folks (like the one that looks like a giant muppet), who rampages across the screen.

Folklore_1191382543.jpg

that'd be priceless. i'd love it if they incorporated some 'creating' aspect to his level 3.

random, but i was talking to my good friend about this game. Wouldnt it be so great if we had a FF level? where the level changes cause of the summons? Bahamut could shoot his purple fireballs from above (you'll see purple indicators on the floor), ifrit will put the entire floor on fire (you'll have to stay on platforms), shiva will submerge the level and all that. and of course... Vivi fighting them in the back.

I KNOW WHAT THE LEVEL 3 SHOULD BE!

When you initiate the level 3 it will zoom in on sackboy smiling and throwing up peace signs and then a pop it comes up and a sticker is selected and then you move the sticker around the map plastering others and knocking them out.

SykoTech

Liklihood of Gravity Rush/Daze inclusion in some form?

I want to say good. It is by far the perfect game to rep the Vita with.

But then I think of how the Vita just got snubbed quite a bit at E3....still crossing my fingers though. Kat being playable would be awesome.

I want to say good. It is by far the perfect game to rep the Vita with.

But then I think of how the Vita just got snubbed quite a bit at E3....still crossing my fingers though. Kat being playable would be awesome.

If Kat isn't in the final roster then someone at Superbot seriously dropped the ball. You've got your Vita representative, a much needed female presence and a potentially inventive moveset all rolled up in the one character.

I think I said this already, but I hope Sackboy does characters mimics (Kirby-eque).

Would be perfect.

This is what I'm hoping for. Sackboy HAS to be in, and he HAS to copy other characters abilities and aesthetics. Nothing else would make as much sense. He literally is a palette for making your own characters, and in much of the DLC, become characters from other games. So, come on Superbot - make Sackboy a kirby archetype. PLEASE!

If Kat isn't in the final roster then someone at Superbot seriously dropped the ball. You've got your Vita representative, a much needed female presence and a potentially inventive moveset all rolled up in the one character.

there should also be a level. oh god. i hate inverted controls. left is right, right is left. agh. but its still fun nonetheless. haha

SmithnCo

Yeah. It might be tricky to integrate the gravity mechanics but it would be worth it. Valuable Vita marketing too.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I just really just want Kat because i want to play as her. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom