• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 will be revealed on FEB 5

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Banderasgaf went from

to

thwLkyT.jpg

in one generation.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
keep it open so that BS artists like Tidux and Foxy are recognized for their bs.

Tidux been a clown for as long as i can remember. Never heard of foxy tho.

Regardless fanboys will celebrate "inside" info from whoever it came from, as long as it fits their narrative.

Rim

Foxy and Tidux also said Sony have bought a big studio and they would be revealing it soon (that was over a month ago lol), I guess that is bullshit too.

Ozrimandias

Im getting a bad feeling about all of this, maybe Sony need more time to fix some issue or feature not considered for the PS5 at launch.
Just months ago Sony stated that they were "still working on full backwards capability" with PS4, considering that, how they will manage to launch a console with bc with psone and ps2 that some insiders sugested?

The more the time passes without Sony making a reveal of its console, the more pesimistic i get. And by Pesimist i mean:

-Not full BC with any previous console
- Not full BC with ALL the PS4 catalogue
- Dissapointing hardware
- No "Killer App" at launch
among others.

So the buzz for the PS5 is so low that the machine was announced and everyone just went on with their lives and they forgot about the event?

Bandi

Banned
Im getting a bad feeling about all of this, maybe Sony need more time to fix some issue or feature not considered for the PS5 at launch.
Just months ago Sony stated that they were "still working on full backwards capability" with PS4, considering that, how they will manage to launch a console with bc with psone and ps2 that some insiders sugested?

The more the time passes without Sony making a reveal of its console, the more pesimistic i get. And by Pesimist i mean:

- Dissapointing hardware
among others.

seems very much likely

GreatnessRD

- Dissapointing hardware
among others.
I really want PS2 and PS3 backwards compatibility, but I think that's a pipe dream. If the PS4 isn't fully backwards compatible with the PS5 then that would be absurd. Like, I don't see any excuse for it not to be.

darkinstinct

- Dissapointing hardware
among others.

Disappointing hardware: Can't change this anymore. So why would that result in a delay? No killer apps: When has that ever happened? Consoles sell out at launch. Always do. Even Xbox One was sold out. You don't put your best games out at launch when you have a limited audience and sell out anyway, you only ever do that if you have a crossgen strategy. Selling the console to the 5 to 40 milion in the two years after launch is when you release your great games. At the launch of a generation everything gets bought, because people that just spent $400 or $500 on a console are starved for games to play on their investment. And BC at this point is a software problem. It can be fixed later. Doesn't have to be there at launch. So I'd say it's more probable that Sony never had a plan to show anything in February.

wolffy71

Banned
The timing of all this doesnt really tell you anything about the console. Im sure its gonna be similar to the Xbox, I'm sure its gonna have some great features, and I'm sure Sony would promote it all the same if it didnt. Meaning their promo isnt gonna be hampered by any perceived weakness. So its not that, thats causing a perceived delay.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

I really want PS2 and PS3 backwards compatibility, but I think that's a pipe dream. If the PS4 isn't fully backwards compatible with the PS5 then that would be absurd. Like, I don't see any excuse for it not to be.
I don't think full PS4 BC is possible. If you look back, Sony was very much against the idea of BC, then changed their stance according to patents from around 2016. That means for the first two years of this gen they will not have had any contracts in place that allow them to rerelease PS4 games on PS5. Those games were made with PS4 in mind, all licensed content in them is based on that (licensing fees would be higher if they were targeting more SKUs, longer lifetime). So I can very well see a situation where PS4 BC will only include all PS4 games from 2016 on and only select titles from the early PS4 years (similar to how Xbox 360 BC worked, where they have to make deals with publishers on a per game basis).

There are also games that were removed from the marketplace already because of license issues. Those will hardly return. BC isn't as simple as "it can do it, so it will do it".

DonJorginho

Banned
Do I get a PS4 Pro and sell my slim to enjoy the last year of PS4 on my 4K TV, also many games may run like shit on the base slim so could be beneficial for performance, do I do this?

GreatnessRD

I don't think full PS4 BC is possible. If you look back, Sony was very much against the idea of BC, then changed their stance according to patents from around 2016. That means for the first two years of this gen they will not have had any contracts in place that allow them to rerelease PS4 games on PS5. Those games were made with PS4 in mind, all licensed content in them is based on that (licensing fees would be higher if they were targeting more SKUs, longer lifetime). So I can very well see a situation where PS4 BC will only include all PS4 games from 2016 on and only select titles from the early PS4 years (similar to how Xbox 360 BC worked, where they have to make deals with publishers on a per game basis).

There are also games that were removed from the marketplace already because of license issues. Those will hardly return. BC isn't as simple as "it can do it, so it will do it".
In my mind, my point still remains that it would be absurd. But time will show us to what level BC we will get. I guess some is better than none.

Do I get a PS4 Pro and sell my slim to enjoy the last year of PS4 on my 4K TV, also many games may run like shit on the base slim so could be beneficial for performance, do I do this?

Personally, I think that would be a dumb move. You're like 7 months away. Unless you're getting it for $100 then it would be pretty stupid, imo. Just save that money for the PS5 unless you don't plan to get that at launch then its another story.

DonJorginho

Banned
In my mind, my point still remains that it would be absurd. But time will show us to what level BC we will get. I guess some is better than none.

Personally, I think that would be a dumb move. You're like 7 months away. Unless you're getting it for $100 then it would be pretty stupid, imo. Just save that money for the PS5 unless you don't plan to get that at launch then its another story.

Oh no I am planning to get a PS5 on launch either way, just am a bit worried that some games run like shit on the Slim this year.

GreatnessRD

Oh no I am planning to get a PS5 on launch either way, just am a bit worried that some games run like shit on the Slim this year.
I think it would be a waste of money. But if money is no object, ball out and grab one, lol. And it shouldn't run like shit since games are "optimized" for the base model.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Do you think Cyberpunk will run well then? As that is the game I am most worried for.

It'll run, but not a snowball's chance in hell will it keep a stable 30 on a base model.

Ozrimandias

I think you're pretty much right. And Again, i'm starting to get really pessimistic.
One of the things that hasn't been clarified either is..... the PS Store will have some redising?

I think you're pretty much right. And Again, i'm starting to get really pessimistic.
One of the things that hasn't been clarified either is..... the PS Store will have some redising?

I am sure most everything will get some sort of facelift, I just hope they squash any kind of UI lag, I hope it is super fast and liquid smooth!

GymWolf

Foxy and Tidux also said Sony have bought a big studio and they would be revealing it soon (that was over a month ago lol), I guess that is bullshit too.
People are still waiting for the confirmation of horizon on pc lol...

I get the feeling (as I always do with gamers) that you feel you'll get full bc for ps1 and ps2 games. Even ps3.

Not a chance and keep it in check. That's unrealistic. And if so there will be a catch and likely a fee.

The Alien

Banned
Maybe the revela date was listed as 2/5/20.
If your American...that's Feb 5th.
If your European...that's May 2nd.

CODE CRACKED: PS5 reveal date is now May 5th.

Also, I'm now considered an insider.
So go forth internet and run with this date.

- Dissapointing hardware
among others.
It's the second week of feb. No need to panic.

Panic if nothing has been said be E3

Top Bottom