• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5: Which Design will Sony choose for its PS5?

And you, what type of design would you like the most for the PlayStation 5?

• Classic, horizontal design with the possibility of putting the console in a vertical position.

Votes: 156 69.0%
  • Cube shaped

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • At heights (Chimney Type) like the MAC PRO 2013 or the Xbox Series X.

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • I don't care about Design, it could look like a trout, I would take it anyway ...

Votes: 44 19.5%

• Total voters
oek60wtrynt41.png

pm7dvui0mst41.png
Brought to you by JBL

DavidGzz

Some of the designs on page one look great but looks like wishful thinking. Too complex to be manufactured in large amounts, I think. I hope I am wrong cause they look awesome. I would like the shape similar to XSX just so that they can stand next to each other. Ebony and ivory towers of power.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Some of the designs on page one look great but looks like wishful thinking. Too complex to be manufactured in large amounts, I think. I hope I am wrong cause they look awesome. I would like the shape similar to XSX just so that they can stand next to each other. Ebony and ivory towers of power.
it also would make sense for cooling to rather than a traditional design. rumours of Sony having trouble keeping the PS5 cool then a tower like design would help. some of those designs on first page do look really good

Orpheum

Okay all the box like designs look like trash cans... I'm a fan of the traditional console style if you can call it that way. However in the end i'd buy the PS5 anyway so it really doesn't matter to me

Relativ9

I think the world is ready for another GameCube. A square design with V shaped indents on the too and bottom (the top one facing the back and the bottom one facing the front) could look really sleek and might provide for some really good airflow.

On the other hand I think or continued dependence on physical media puts some constraints on this and it would require a vertically mounted bluray drive which I know some people aren't fans of.

I think the world is ready for another GameCube. A square design with V shaped indents on the too and bottom (the top one facing the back and the bottom one facing the front) could look really sleek and might provide for some really good airflow.

On the other hand I think or continued dependence on physical media puts some constraints on this and it would require a vertically mounted bluray drive which I know some people aren't fans of.

Tastes can change dramatically in 7-8 years. Too strong a look and you risk looking dated more quickly.

While I appreciate the desire to do something distinct and different with the design, I think Microsoft has the right idea. The designs that are timeless are simple and clean.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We'll get a 10 hour livestream of someone doing a digital painting of it

You know this is Sony we're talking about here, right? Out of the big three, Sony is the one more capable of bringing elegance to the gaming market.

I would love for them to build on the PS Vita's craftsmanship and quality for the PS5 to give it well put together design.

dorkimoe

Crap i voted for the wrong one. meant to say I dont care. I thought the poll was "which will they choose" not which do i want them to choose.

Actually.. i need them to make it so it fits laying down or i'm fucked with my entertainment stand

Relativ9

I was thinking something like this:
unknown.png

I probably made it a bit big but just a quick model to "put on paper" what I had in my head, it's dimensions are completely square but it could still be smaller if I pushed it in around the drive more. The back would all be a huge vent along with the ports (didn't model anything back there so no pics from that perspective :p)

Last edited:
Top Bottom