• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Reveal Event now looks to be June 4th

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
what_year_is_it-DMID1-5c3t4izyb-512x384.gif

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Damn, I came later to joke about the PS4 reveal

@thread
Still more than a month? The world is on quarentine, Sony. We need sugar

I'm getting so tired by all these rumors and stupid "teases" that we've had for almost a year now.

Just be a professional company/executive and step up to announce the date of your event. Is that so much to ask for nowdays?

Yeah I have to admit, even as someone who is super patient about these sorts of things (massive multi system backlogs just makes me kinda OK with the whole next gen being delayed I guess)....the slow manner in which Sony has promoted & revealed the PS5 is getting on my nerves a little bit. Lol Just show us the darn thing. And I wish both MS & Sony would give us a price.

Bryank75

Banned
This sounds clearly fake stuff. It doesn't make sense at all for Sony to drop all these bombs at the same time.

I see them using the BC improvements with one or two of their biggest games. I buy using GoW for that. Then only one or two of their big guns as PS5 exclusive announcements to highlight crazy gameplay visuals (HZD2/Spiderman 2/God of War 2/Bloodborne 2/Gran Turismo/Kojima/etc.), then one or two small exclusive launch games (probably from Studio Japan or London) focused on taking advantege of one or two of the new features (adaptative triggers, haptic feedback, mic, RT, etc) and then 2 or 3 3rd party games or tech demos from popular publishers (Ubi/EA/Acti/Capcom/Square/Sega) showcasing the new tech or visuals they are using for the next gen.

All their other big guns (HZD2/Spiderman 2/GoW2/Bloodborne 2/GT/Kojima/etc.) would be saved for another day (one of them would be shown next to multi stuff and more low tier launch games between GoT release and PS5 release) and all the other big guns wouldn't be shown until next year or 2022.
Foxy is a bullshiter!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No waaay. An August blowout for a console that comes out in November-December?
You never know. PS4 Pro was unveiled in September and released in November.

It's not like Sony's current marketing of PS5 has been anything great or as organized looking or slick as SeX.

mortal

Gold Member
You never know. PS4 Pro was unveiled in September and released in November.

It's not like Sony's current marketing of PS5 has been anything great or as organized looking or slick as SeX.
That's different though. The PS4 Pro wasn't an completely new console with its own software lineup and unique OS and feature set like the PS5.
It was an updated SKU building on a product that already had an install base and has been in the market for 3 years up til that point.

TLoU 2 is June 19 and Ghosts is July somthing.

I'm going to say a detailed PS5 blowout is after Ghost. So late July or even August.

Lots of runway left as systems usually come out around November.

That's going to be difficult since there was an announcement yesterday that a magazine publication will full reveal everything about the PS5 in its July issue, coming out the first week of June.

Last edited:

yurinka

That's going to be difficult since there was an announcement yesterday that a magazine publication will full reveal everything about the PS5 in its July issue, coming out the first week of June.
Will full detail the controller, FFVIIR, a PS4 game and an Horizon Zero Dawn comic. And 'PS5 games' that may even be the ones we already know.

It means he has no idea when it's going to be revealed, like the rest of us. 'Few more weeks' is a wilcard that works with 2 or with 10. Notice he also adds 'I believe', which means he isn't sure.

Last edited:

RCU005

If the Playstation Magazine is out on June 2nd, why would the announce the games AFTER they are already shown in a magazine?

Sony: Watch this new game from Sony Santa Monica!
Everyone: *YEah, we know! It was in the magazine and every single media outlet talked about all of them!

Makes no sense!

They will announce the games, and the magazine will talk about them. If they reveal the games on the magazine first, it would be a huge mistake from Sony.

Geki-D

Banned
This will be announced after the last of us 2 at the end of june and pack some major surprises on the specs. Be prepared to be happy.
I assume this was the original plan, but seeing as Ghosts & TLOU2 got delayed, there's going to be some overlap now.

sublimit

Banned
MS has an event on may 7th... Maybe they will announce it there.

I think that for Sony the pricing point will be more crucial than for MS.
I'm almost willing to bet money that neither MS or Sony are going to announce their prices so soon. I think we will learn their prices at events that are 1-2 months close to their release dates.

We will also probably not see too many big first party announcements from Sony. Personally i think we will see one or two first party games (with very little gameplay shown) and the rest will be third parties. MS have already said that their next event will be all 3rd parties and they will show their first party games "sometime" during summer.

Last edited:

According to its sources, PS5 will have 2 events :, one on May 27
and the second on June 4.

Mainly, the first would deal with the PS5 reveal.

At least 3 exclusive games will be shown:

- Gran Turismo.
- Bluepoint game (he knows what it is)
- and a game announced last year without a platform and became a PS5 exclusive.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned

According to its sources, PS5 will have 2 events :, one on May 27
and the second on June 4.

Mainly, the first would deal with the PS5 reveal.

At least 3 exclusive games will be shown:

- Gran Turismo.
- Bluepoint game (he knows what it is)
- and a game announced last year without a platform and became a PS5 exclusive.

OMG! Please be true!!!!!!!

Top Bottom