• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

Maddux4164

Im hoping it means we have a secured place in line to actually get one....after getting fked over 5 time yesterday (2 times by bestbuy, 3 times by walmart), i can't do this anymore lol
That’s my hope. The moment Sony Direct posts an update message “PS5 Sold Out” (which they do) I’ll not wait

MiguelItUp

Yeah they've been REALLY good about informing the queue before, but this is awkward. It's been hours at "over an hour wait" and it hasn't sold out? I wonder if people have even purchased anything yet, lol.

Maddux4164

Yeah they've been REALLY good about informing the queue before, but this is awkward. It's been hours at "over an hour wait" and it hasn't sold out? I wonder if people have even purchased anything yet, lol.
Correct. Almost 2 HOURS I’ve had this joint up and it’s not budged and says “more than an hour”. So weird.

Ballistic

I’ve been in que since 12:30. The last 36 hours have been downright miserable. Had 1 from Target that didn’t allow me to finish my transaction before coming back with out of stock. Then Best Buy fiasco, followed by 4 failed attempts with walfart, and the console ripped from my cart on Sony direct after having to re-enter my information while logged into my account.

Maddux4164

I’ve been in que since 12:30. The last 36 hours have been downright miserable. Had 1 from Target that didn’t allow me to finish my transaction before coming back with out of stock. Then Best Buy fiasco, followed by 4 failed attempts with walfart, and the console ripped from my cart on Sony direct after having to re-enter my information while logged into my account.
I got in at 2:30 central time US. At 2:20 central time there was no queue and system wasn’t available. So we have to be one of the earlier ones

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

:pie_astonished::pie_astonished::pie_astonished: Holy shit thats a long ass time! Are you in the US?

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I'm done. I'm not wasting time on my Saturday to sit at a computer, lol. Yesterday was more than enough. I'll just get one when it's easier.

Last edited:

NickFire

I'm not faulting Sony for the massive demand. But the rollout - WTF? There has to be someway for them to handle this better than having long time customers wasting hours at a time playing submit payment roulette.

And please Sony - at least make sure your friends at Amazon and Ebay ban all resales above MSRP. Make the scalpers suffer if they are causing so much of this.

Maddux4164

I'm not faulting Sony for the massive demand. But the rollout - WTF? There has to be someway for them to handle this better than having long time customers wasting hours at a time playing submit payment roulette.

And please Sony - at least make sure your friends at Amazon and Ebay ban all resales above MSRP. Make the scalpers suffer if they are causing so much of this.
I have suggestion. Put the damn console in physical stores. So the place I go buy bread, I can buy a PS5. They aren’t mitigating the fucking virus. Adults are adults. Humans are humans. I’ll wear a mask at the Best Buy line or whatever. Christ. If I happen to get it, I’ll stay home and play games while I sneeze cough for a few days. It’s fine.

Did anyone else pre-order a PS5D at Walmart?

I did when they were first available, and then a couple days later they changed the cost from $399 to $23.50. It shipped, I have it, but the paper slip inside said $399.

My CC hasn't been charged yet, but there was a pre-auth for $23.50 that dropped off.

Looking at the order on Walmarts site still shows the lower amount. I don't know wtf they did, but if they try to charge the full amount could I dispute it with the CC?

A $23 PS5 would be swell.

HsEDQoE.png

Hondo4

I was finally able to get a digital ps5 through PlayStation direct website today but i checked out so fast i forgot to update the shipping to free 1-2 day shipping for PlayStation + member. Would Sony upgrade my shipping since i have ps+?

Angelcurio

I'm so tired of this whole hide and seek game to secure a ps5. You go to Walmart, and the console is gone 2 minutes later; You go to Sony direct, spend 2 hours in some kind of virtual queue, just to see the console out of stock and a message about trying again the next day.

Seriously, let everyone who wants one to actually order the console, even if the actual delivery date ends up being september 2021.

MiguelItUp

I was curious to know if anyone tried PS Direct again yesterday as it said they'd have more. I'm wondering if they're doing it again today as a result.

MiguelItUp

No idea but hopefully everyone is able to get one for the holidays, I have a coworkers kid who's looking for one but I'm not selling mines. 😆 🤣
Haha, my man. Yeah, I'm hoping the demand can be fulfilled for the most part. I had an opportunity to buy at Costco through a friend and didn't as I thought I'd have other opportunities. I should've just done it, lmao. I'm not too concerned though.

Top Bottom