• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

slade

Anybody from Toronto preorder at Amazon? Does the date still not show up on the preorder or is it just me? Getting a little nervous with just two weeks to go.

Just got an email from Gamestop that says “the wait is almost over! please review your payment and billing information to ensure you get your order on time”. did anyone else get this email? it has an option to update payment and i already got charged for part on the bundle. i think i am ok?

ManaByte

No date on Amazon (they just gave me a date for the XSX SSD though). No dates for the games or controller either.

Walmart still says the 12th.

Entroyp

Just got a date for the extra PS5 controller from Amazon.. Monday, November 16th 😑

No date for the charger or console. I received the headset from Sony direct today.

Last edited:

Ataraxia

Just got a date for the extra PS5 controller on Amazon.. Monday, November 16th 😑

No date for the charger or console. I received the headset from Sony direct today.

Wow. The controller and camera are the two PS5 peripherals that haven't sold out and are still available for pre-order at every major outlet. That Amazon is shipping them after Nov 12 has me concerned about my Pulse headset pre-order which is sold out everywhere.

reinking

Gold Member
Shoot. I cancelled my backup preorder when I was able to apply Amazon gift cards to my preorder. I hope I do not end up waiting until after the holidays. We do have another PS5 on preorder at Best Buy but it is a Christmas gift.

I hope Target comes through with my Series X preorder so I will at least have it. I am going to be unhappy if I got preorders in for both consoles and end up with neither on launch day.

Last edited:

Valonquar

DH2zrxi.jpg

I did pre-orders for headphones + charging station in a 2nd order, and system in a 3rd order back in the 15 minute window on Sept 16th when pre-orders were availible. The other two still have the same "We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date" message, but apparently I'll have the controller tomorrow...
SF8MzIP.gif

Last edited:
Anybody receive their headsets yet are the builds better than the last Sony head sets I had the gold version and it was cheap plastic that broke very fast.

Entroyp

Anybody receive their headsets yet are the builds better than the last Sony head sets I had the gold version and it was cheap plastic that broke very fast.

I got mine yesterday. To be honest, the build quality isn’t that great (compared to an expensive pair of BT headsets I own) but they’re a good value for the price. I just want to know what this 3D audio thing sounds like.

Can’t compare them to other Sony headsets though.

saintjules

Well my gamestop bundle now says 11/12 instead of 11/30. maybe they had enough consoles?

Where it says Release Date ? It shows 11/30 on my order there, but the Console and the games say 11/12 on it.

I paid $25 for the overnight, so I assume on the 12th. Their rep confirmed 11/12 as well.

Last edited:
nothing exciting here, I have two preorders, one promised to my friend. Just waiting to hear amazon and GameStop plans, hoping for early shipment from amazon or midnight release from GameStop.

banjo5150

Dumb question if I didn't secure a preorder, is that the only way to get one at launch? Will stores have some launch day stock if I want to kick it old school and wait in a line?

FrankWza

Dumb question if I didn't secure a preorder, is that the only way to get one at launch? Will stores have some launch day stock if I want to kick it old school and wait in a line?

I think just target and GameStop. Others are doing online stock for launch day

Duellist

Hi everyone. I've never pre-ordered a console before, so I was wondering if it's normal for Best Buy to offer an appointment time for instore pickups? Is this a specific thing that happens every new console generation or something? I've preordered games and such before from Best Buy, but this is the first time I've ever gotten an email about scheduling an appointment for a pickup. Usually I just walk in and line up at the pickup counter. I can't make any of the times they're offering (they're all during really early work hours for some reason) so I'll have to do what I usually do anyway. The only reason I am concerned is that they say it's "To ensure your safety and limit your wait time"...like what exactly do they expect is going to happen with this launch? I didn't partake in the PS4 launch, so should I be expecting to wait crazy hours at the store? And to ensure safety from what? I'm assuming they mean covid, but could it be that they are afraid people might get mugged outside of the store or something?
My local eb games is doing the same thing for preorders.

Where it says Release Date ? It shows 11/30 on my order there, but the Console and the games say 11/12 on it.

I paid $25 for the overnight, so I assume on the 12th. Their rep confirmed 11/12 as well.

Same here. it says 11/30 but the console says 11/12 and i already got charged for the extra dual sense on my credit card. where you charged for anything?

saintjules

Same here. it says 11/30 but the console says 11/12 and i already got charged for the extra dual sense on my credit card. where you charged for anything?

Yeah, the PS+ and the extra Controller. For the Controller I didn't know that was the item being charged until I called CS. This is my backup order in case something goes wrong with Walmart, so not too worried.

Last edited:
Yeah, the PS+ and the extra Controller. For the Controller I didn't know that was the item being charged until I called CS. This is my backup order in case something goes wrong with Walmart, so not too worried.
Did you get the email from gamestop that says “to ensure you get your order on time please review your payment and billing information with us” its making me think something is wrong, but i already got charged for the dualsense so its probably ok. i looked at my billing address and credit card info on the gamestop website and it looks good.

saintjules

Did you get the email from gamestop that says “to ensure you get your order on time please review your payment and billing information with us” its making me think something is wrong, but i already got charged for the dualsense so its probably ok. i looked at my billing address and credit card info on the gamestop website and it looks good.

Yeah, got the email too. I could no longer make a change in the payment method for about 3 weeks now, so it's irrelevant to me at this point. Them charging the items makes me say all is good on the final charge and the shipping info is correct.

I initially used PayPal for the order at the time, but then quickly decided to use AMEX. Their system didn't fully replace PP at the time and then there was an initial decline. Anything that goes wrong, they told me I would have 24-48 hours to adjust the payment method.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Yesterday, Target said my headset was going to ship today. This morning it says it's on backorder now.
tenor.gif
Update: Target updated my order from backordered to "delay: needs approval". After approved it says update by Nov 13.
tenor.gif

Thankfully I only ordered the headset from them. Hopefully nobody sees this with the console itself.

Good news though, just opened my extra controller that was delivered today! The console, game and charger preorders from best buy and Walmart seem good still.

Won 500 on a football bet I did on purpose for a free ps5. Not sure if I should get the Ps5 or a rtx 3080.

I like the new amd cards but I have a gsync monitor :/.

Yeah, got the email too. I could no longer make a change in the payment method for about 3 weeks now, so it's irrelevant to me at this point. Them charging the items makes me say all is good on the final charge and the shipping info is correct.

I initially used PayPal for the order at the time, but then quickly decided to use AMEX. Their system didn't fully replace PP at the time and then there was an initial decline. Anything that goes wrong, they told me I would have 24-48 hours to adjust the payment method.
It looks like i only got charged for the dual sense, not the ps plus subscription. Should i be worried?

saintjules

It looks like i only got charged for the dual sense, not the ps plus subscription. Should i be worried?

I don't think there's any need to worry since they charged something from your bundle. Though I would expect the PS+ to be sent to you digitally instead of getting a physical card. Could be wrong though.

Apeopleman

What’s everyone’s guesses on what retailers get PS5 into our hands first? (For those who preordered online)

My guess:

Antonline will blow all the haters minds and will ship early if Sony allows. They are due for some great reviews since they have bad reviews online.

Walmart says arriving November 12th, so I can see them shipping early to meet that date.

Amazon will probably be a mixed experience depending on their allocation and if you live close to a fulfillment center or not.

Target will drop the ball and will ship on launch day via UPS ground. Target is bad when it comes to shipping speed in the past for everyday items. I can see pre orders arriving a week after launch when all the brits get their stuff. Also, says arriving November 13-18

Gamestop will probably be bad with speed too if you didn’t cough up the extra cash for the fast shipping speed. I can see guys getting their stuff around the time I guess target guys will.

Best Buy will probably deliver day of launch or 1 or 2 days after. They’re usually reliable.

Sony direct will probably deliver same as Best Buy. Day of Launch or soon after

THEAP99

Banned
Walmart says arriving November 12th, so I can see them shipping early to meet that date.
they told me mine is shipping the 10th, arriving 12th. would be great if it was sooner of course, but I am not gonna get my hopes up. i at least hope it arrives on the day of release. i will be plenty satisfied if that happens

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I got mine yesterday. To be honest, the build quality isn’t that great (compared to an expensive pair of BT headsets I own) but they’re a good value for the price. I just want to know what this 3D audio thing sounds like.

Can’t compare them to other Sony headsets though.

Totally agree with this!

I have the gold headset for ps4 and it feels heavier than the new headset.
The new headset has this rubber strap that sits under the top of the headset and I do not care for the fit.

They sound “ok”. I have big ears and for me the ear cups on the new headset do not cover my ears as well as the older headsets.

saintjules

Thats because you guys are talking to customer support. They have zero control over the warehouse. Please stop bothering these people. it’s not their first time shipping a product. You will get an email when it ships just like anything else.

Oh stfu, this was a month ago and the only time I contacted them. Don't compare me to the others nagging Customer Service.

Last edited:

Dat80skid

Neo Member
Back in 2013 I remember both new consoles were pretty readily available by Black Friday, my local target had a few palettes of each, what are the chances this holiday will be the same? Would love to grab a Ps5?

M3Freak

Banned
Anybody from Toronto preorder at Amazon? Does the date still not show up on the preorder or is it just me? Getting a little nervous with just two weeks to go.

I got an email from them saying my order might be delayed. Did you get one of those?

Elginer

Anyone else preorder from Target and get any new info?

I so far got my Pulse headset from Best Buy delivered and my extra dualsense is on its way.

Top Bottom