• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

Durien

I gaurantee it was bots bidding on it. Word has gotten out that bots are spamming scalpers on ebay.
Yeah dude! I just read something similar on Gizmodo

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
So what happens when the ‘bot’ wins the auction? No pay / sale and the item just gets relisted again?

I am ultra paranoid that my Xbox Series X preorder at Best Buy and Gamestop online preorder for PS5 are going to be cancelled. I was reading stories about gamestop orders being cancelled the day before release due to high demand.

Silent Duck

Any realistic chance of preordering at this point?
Not from Target. As of this morning, I was still getting "ship it" on their website. Click "ship it" however and it tells you sold out.

8EXPb4F.jpg

WhereIzJP

Neo Member
Let say Walmart get more preorders and say you get one I know they charge that day and then the pending charge goes away after a week. My question is when will Walmart charge you again?

Grinchy

Banned
It's not based on anything, but I just don't believe that they sold millions of consoles in <30 minutes worth of online preorders, especially with every retailer having a 1 unit per household limit.

It feels like they are holding back stock so it'll be on store shelves or something. I just can't wrap my head around all the normie parents being so ready to blast out preorders at such a high pace. It just doesn't make sense to me.

It's not based on anything, but I just don't believe that they sold millions of consoles in <30 minutes worth of online preorders, especially with every retailer having a 1 unit per household limit.

It feels like they are holding back stock so it'll be on store shelves or something. I just can't wrap my head around all the normie parents being so ready to blast out preorders at such a high pace. It just doesn't make sense to me.

We we are all stuck in our houses bored off our asses. I believe in the sellout. Video game sales are at an all time high this year and at one point it was hard to find PS4’s when stay at home orders hit the US.

I can see less being available because of production freezes earlier this year but consoles being held back for stores makes little sense to me.

RowdyReverb

Walmart just emailed me confirming the PS5 pre-order will arrive on Nov 12th.

jhxMSdJ.png

No word on Amazon yet.
I am so sketched out about my Amazon pre-order, especially since it’s a Digital Edition. No word since the email that it may not be fulfilled on release day

THEAP99

Banned
I see people on twitter saying walmart has charged them..

I pre ordered from Walmart on the day they went up and haven't been charged yet... my order still says arriving November 12th though so... idk I am worried

Walmart Canada is charging, haven't seen anyone else been charged by US walmart

Last edited:
I see people on twitter saying walmart has charged them..

I pre ordered from Walmart on the day they went up and haven't been charged yet... my order still says arriving November 12th though so... idk I am worried

Walmart Canada is charging, haven't seen anyone else been charged by US walmart

Some retailers (Target, Walmart and I think Best Buy) periodically do authorization charges to ensure a card for a preorder is still valid. Someone mentioned this in the thread for ps5 accessories shipping and noticed their date still said Nov 12th

THEAP99

Banned
Some retailers (Target, Walmart and I think Best Buy) periodically do authorization charges to ensure a card for a preorder is still valid. Someone mentioned this in the thread for ps5 accessories shipping and noticed their date still said Nov 12th
When I first pre-ordered the ps5 it had a charge in for like a few days but it went away and they supposedly don't actually charge till shipment. But I am wondering why people in Walmart Canada are getting charged already. I mean Walmart Canada follows the same policy, right?

When I first pre-ordered the ps5 it had a charge in for like a few days but it went away and they supposedly don't actually charge till shipment. But I am wondering why people in Walmart Canada are getting charged already. I mean Walmart Canada follows the same policy, right?

I think it’s still a preauthorization charge as of now even for those in Canada.

But then Square Enix will actually charge 2-4 weeks ahead of times for preorders (just got an email giving me a heads up that I’d be charged by beginning of next week for the KH Melody of Memory game and that releases the 13th of November) so it might be Canada has that kind of policy. It may also help speed up shipping dispatches once units are on hand in the warehouses as they can confirm whom has already paid and whom still needs payment taken care of.

But even if they are charging now, theconsoles will likely not ship until beginning of the week or even the Friday or Saturday prior depending on shipping method.

Either way, I paid Best Buy in full up front for my bundle via Paypal, so I should just be walking in store day of and picking up

Last edited:

psn

Why not? I ordered 3, because I was awake. One for me, one for the wifey, one for a close friend who was asleep and very thankful, because he is a console only player. I mean not everyone who buys more than one is a scalper, some just think of their friends / family while they are already sleeping. Had to pick different retailers though.

Shmunter

Why not? I ordered 3, because I was awake. One for me, one for the wifey, one for a close friend who was asleep and very thankful, because he is a console only player. I mean not everyone who buys more than one is a scalper, some just think of their friends / family while they are already sleeping. Had to pick different retailers though.
Your friend will scalp it and profit$

Grinchy

Banned
You're not alone. Helped my brother and nephew get one. I kept trying to get a 4th so my brother-in-law could have one as well, but it just wasn't in the cards. By the time my sister saw my text about the Amazon backdoor link on that first night, they were already gone.

It's really ridiculous that Sony announced a specific day and Amazon was sold out of preorders the night before without it even ever officially was listed on their site. And then they never got more. Really strange shit.

Neofire

Considering there are people out there that can't even get one, yeah I would say this very disheartening to hear. Especially when two of the 3 consoles are going to the same household too.

Anyway people will justify the greed one way or another 🤷🏿‍♂️

Considering there are people out there that can't even get one, yeah I would say this very disheartening to hear. Especially when two of the 3 consoles are going to the same household too.

Anyway people will justify the greed one way or another 🤷🏿‍♂️
This may sound a bit crazy, but I also play games with my wife and we need two consoles to do that last I checked. How exactly is that being greedy?

Eternal21

I ended up getting 2. First one from Target thanks to Wario64 tweet, second a week later by lucking out with Playstation 'lottery'. I was initially going to give the first one to my friend, but he managed to score one from Walmart (another Wario64 tweet success story). I was just going to cancel the Target one, but then I saw how much they're selling for on e-Bay, so I ended up doing just that, and now I'm pretty much getting the PS5 for free (assuming the winning bidder ends up paying).

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I hope all of you who pre-ordered don't get either console. I want you all to feel the anger I felt from not getting through on a single website despite constantly trying for many hours for XSX and PS5 pre-orders. ANd then finally seemingly getting one through on Costco.com and then get an email cancellation an hour later.

I hate you all. Truly hate you all.
Im being a little sarcastic.

Nymphae

Banned
My credit card was charged by Walmart last night for my preorder, so that's a good sign, I heard some people were getting emails saying they couldn't fulfil some preorders not long ago. Getting excited for Cyberpunk and just fucking around with a new console.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

My credit card was charged by Walmart last night for my preorder, so that's a good sign, I heard some people were getting emails saying they couldn't fulfil some preorders not long ago. Getting excited for Cyberpunk and just fucking around with a new console.
Reports of GameStop and target canceling some. This is why people pre ordered multiples

saintjules

Did they do the pre-authorization when you initially placed the order? If so then I guess I'll expect my full charge soon as well.

Walmart just emailed me confirming the PS5 pre-order will arrive on Nov 12th.

I got that email regarding date change a few weeks ago. It was for the same date which was a bit weird.

Both my Xbox and ps5 at Walmart show the 12; no email though. not sure why my Xbox isn’t the 10th

I got both from there as well with the same dates. I asked if I could pay to get the X on release day but they said it was not possible.

It could change as we get closer, but I set my expectations to get both on the 12th.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I got both from there as well with the same dates. I asked if I could pay to get the X on release day but they said it was not possible.

It could change as we get closer, but I set my expectations to get both on the 12th.
I’ve got one of each coming from amazon so it won’t bother me too much. Which is exactly why I got 2 sets. Good to know though

saintjules

I’ve got one of each coming from amazon so it won’t bother me too much. Which is exactly why I got 2 sets. Good to know though

Yeah I have a PS5 bundle backup with Gamestop in case. Had a Series X there also, but it was part of that glitch error from last week. Got cancelled.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I hope all of you who pre-ordered don't get either console. I want you all to feel the anger I felt from not getting through on a single website despite constantly trying for many hours for XSX and PS5 pre-orders. ANd then finally seemingly getting one through on Costco.com and then get an email cancellation an hour later.

I hate you all. Truly hate you all.
Im being a little sarcastic.

Well, you'll get one eventually. Just hang in there, buddy; everything will work out for you.

As for me, I'm confident that my pre-order will remain active, since I made it on the first day that pre-orders became available.

So far, I've been successful at getting the gaming tech that I've wanted this season; I've gotten the TV that I've wanted (TCL 55R635) and I've managed to get both an RTX 3080 and an RTX 3090 (I have them both in my physical possession). So, PS5 will complete my quest for the gaming tech that I want.

Nymphae

Banned
Did they do the pre-authorization when you initially placed the order? If so then I guess I'll expect my full charge soon as well.

I got that email regarding date change a few weeks ago. It was for the same date which was a bit weird.

Yes I thought I was paying up front but it didn't get charged for a few weeks.

THEAP99

Banned
Walmart Canada or usa?

THEAP99

Banned

Yeah same. It was weird to me they updated it with what it already was. I still haven't been charged. This shit is annoying. I wish they would've just kept the authorization charge.

Top Bottom