• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

mckmas8808

Banned
Does Sony view this as a "game" or something? Or are there really technical difficulties? It's like they are trying to weed out the weak first.

Neofire

Because the motherfuckers shouldn't be promoting preorders when they're getting like 4 per fucking store. That's why. They're drip feeding pre-orders to drive traffic to their stores because as a company they're going under from years and years of fucking people over. Go ahead defend GameStop smh.
It's not only that the mfs are letting people easily get two or more fucking units.

NickFire

Does Sony view this as a "game" or something? Or are there really technical difficulties? It's like they are trying to weed out the weak first.
I think we are just in unprecedented times for online pre-ordering a console from retailers who probably have no incentive to increase ordering capacity as its doubtful they would need it again before PS6 and Xbox whatever hits.

Neofire

What's going to happen right before the launch day, the ass clowns that bot'd several units to sell on eBay for 1k a piece will see that people aren't going to pay for that shit and cancel their pre orders.

I guess like the ps4 I'll wait til a few weeks before launch and it will be easy to get one.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Got a pre-order directly from Sony after a 1 hr wait. I'll return or resell the Target pre-order unless I cancel it. I would love to trade in my XBX for $200 for a Ps5, but I don't want to hassle with Gamestop.

dcx4610

Got a pre-order directly from Sony after a 1 hr wait. I'll return or resell the Target pre-order unless I cancel it. I would love to trade in my XBX for $200 for a Ps5, but I don't want to hassle with Gamestop.

Best Buy offers the same trade credit. No cash though. Just a Best Buy giftcard which is fine by me. A much easier transcation than Gamestop.

Nice got a confirmation email and everything from Sony Direct. Should be here on release day according to what it said.

THAT is how these pre orders are going to have to be done in the future.

I see you can also simply cancel the order if you want. Perfect. Good job Sony.

Last edited:
Because the motherfuckers shouldn't be promoting preorders when they're getting like 4 per fucking store. That's why. They're drip feeding pre-orders to drive traffic to their stores because as a company they're going under from years and years of fucking people over. Go ahead defend GameStop smh.

So hold on, wait hold on. You're telling me, in the midst of hundreds of store closures, that gamestop would prefer to "drip feed" "4" consoles per store as opposed to being able to take dozens (hundreds?) of preorders, and all the income that would be generated from that, right off the bat? Let alone the extra revenue that would be generated from secondary purchases from having people in the store.

This is your totally rational conspiracy theory you are standing behind? This new generation is fuckin your heads up man.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I got to my Gamestop at 730 AM. There were 7 people in line. The 1st guy in line said he was told they would get between 5 and 9 units. So I was number 8. After I got in line, about 20 people showed up behind me over the next few hours.

One hour before store open, the GS employee came out and told everyone they were only getting five units. People who had shown up the latest were most upset lol.

Waste of fucking time.

Last edited:

CobraAB

Got to the point where I put my user ID password in and it won’t connect to the server.

tried a ton of times.

i tried to give you money Sony.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm certain there will be a lot reserved by Sony for in store purchases on launch day to build more hype. Getting one of those will require camping out though.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone remember when a truck of PS4s got high jacked at launch?
I expect the same craziness this time.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Yes. Its not a bad bundle for me because i want Spiderman and Demon's Souls and i need a year of PS Plus. When does gamestop charge for preorders?

damn congrats, I've been doing the same thing for the past 1.5 hours, I got the preorder button once but it didn't work. just clicked it dozens of times and it did nothing

damn congrats, I've been doing the same thing for the past 1.5 hours, I got the preorder button once but it didn't work. just clicked it dozens of times and it did nothing
I've gotten very lucky with the preorders for Xbox Series X and now Ps5. With Xbox, i hammered on the buy button on Best Buy for an hour. I was F5'ing the bundle page since noon.

anothertech

Sony right now

buttonmasher1.gif

GraveX1

Neo Member
Finally got in the store. 3rd person in line was turned away. The fucking GameStop employees bought them all up.

Waste of a night on the street.

Fuck GameStop

How do you know the employees bought them up? Did someone say something? I agree it sounds like something like that went down but curious if you have evidence.

Top Bottom