• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 Party Discord/PC integration possible or nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mili2110

Do you think there will be some kind of Playstation Cross-Party/Chat App for PC anytime soon? Maybe for PS5 release? I kinda miss it when I'm playing COD or Brawlhalla on PC with my friends who are on PS4. We always have to rely on In-Game Voice Chat, which is mostly crappy and not every game has it. And we cant jump from game to game like in a Playstation-Party. Do you see Sony allowing Discord to integrate Playstation partys or developing a dedicated Playstation-Voicechat App for PC? As they will try to push PS Now for PC further I think it may be possible. I dont think its hard for them to release the PS Messages App for Windows with Voice Chat integrated.

INC

Should be standard tbh

I wish there was a way to have private chat, but also proximity chat on games that want it. Great hearing people rage after you kill someone, but I dont wanna hear lobbies

Can we widen the topic to xbox as well?

I've been hanging with xbox-friends using the xbox app on PC and it's THE WORST. They have literally zero noise-supression in there on pc.
I had to get a third party application (paid) that does that for me.

Discord would be great but would also open up communication xbox <-> ps and you just know "they" would hate that.

GreatnessRD

Would be nice, but highly doubtful. Maybe you can post it on that PS share if that's still a thing. Or teh twittahs!

Kdad

If PS allows a 3rd party chat app....who polices it? That is likely the issue from PS branding point of view no? (I don't play multplayer online games so am not familiar but that'd be my guess)

Can we widen the topic to xbox as well?

I've been hanging with xbox-friends using the xbox app on PC and it's THE WORST. They have literally zero noise-supression in there on pc.
I had to get a third party application (paid) that does that for me.

Discord would be great but would also open up communication xbox <-> ps and you just know "they" would hate that.
I recently started played with some buddies from x360 era again, and holy shit the Xbox voice chat on pc is horrible! I could seamlessly switch between mobile and PC on discord, but try that on the Xbox app, and you'll have at least 3 brain aneurysms. I would love to have system wide discord integration across all platforms, as it's the superior communication service. I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for that to come into reality. But I'm not sure how it would be handled from Sony or MS perspective.

Psykodad

Banned
I hope this will be a thing.

Would make working on larger scale projects in Dreams that more user-friendly.

Seems like this is the direction they wanna go in, and it will be awesome.

As long as the Discord PlayStation integration is stable and doesn’t cause issues console-side, I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom