• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

kretos

Banned
You've really got to figure out how image hosting works :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Unless it's only me that can't see it. Then carry on.

it was fine when i first posted it not sure what happened, anyway it was this pic

hh7cm3s6k4n41.jpg

mejin

Great interview!

“The content that will be in the launch window and beyond is incredibly exciting,” Lempel told GI. “I would say that this is the best line-up that we’ve ever seen in the history of PlayStation, between our Worldwide Studios groups and our partners from all the different publishers around the world.

Hostile_18

Banned
I'm super hyped about the backwards compatibility. Will anyone be doing a PS5 BC thread, like we had for the Pro?

You know which games are compatible, which are enhanced (patched), resolution and FPS. Improvements and issues listed etc. It's a bit too much work for me but would be happy to contribute 😁

Last edited:
I caught the list when it was still in production... The full list has confirmed that I will no longer engage with Xbox fanboys any longer. The delusion is too strong this gen! They're like the Republican party of the Goddamn Gaming sphere for reason... Completely and utterly devoid of reality. Blindly following their great leader Phil, as he continually shovels bullshit after bullshit, straight to their ever open mouths begging for the excrement like they've been human fucking centipeded to the MS milking machine!

The fact that they will continue put their Xbox games, over anything else by Sony, as a fucking standard of what the Xbox is capable of shows the collective brain damage that they've all suffered.
They continually put down Naughty Dog and various Sony 1st party studios to confirmation bias their own ridiculous choices about how those games don't appeal and aren't any good, but that argument never holds water when Sony goes have sold fucking MILLIONS and always on the top 10 of lists and sales.
As well as having actual 'GAME OF THE YEAR' winners in TLOU and GOW.

I cannot name a single Xbox game that has EVER been good enough to win one of those.
They can crow about how the Gamepass is going to be the 'Netflix' of gaming... And that fine.
Sony are the the ones winning the 'Oscars' of gaming, something Xbox won't ever try and win.
So yeah... I'm keeping away from their complete detachment of reality, before their stupid kills my brain cells trying to understand the thought process... But then I realised Its because puberty kicked in for me and I stopped being a child 20+ years ago.
'Spider-Man is dlc'

J2dTO9E.jpg

I know he's a MS shill but this is a whole new level of FUD. Insomniac games have proved themselves time and time again. I'm not seeing them dropping the ball with this one.

DLC isn't necessarily bad. Look at Elder Scrolls' Shivering Isles or Witcher 3' Blood and Wine.

DLC can be anything from a new sword to an entire expansion pack.

Barakov

DLC isn't necessarily bad. Look at Elder Scrolls' Shivering Isles or Witcher 3' Blood and Wine.

DLC can be anything from a new sword to an entire expansion pack.
Oh sure. No doubt. The issue I took with his statement that this was some bite size experience where everything that has been said by Insomniac as well as their track record suggest that this will be a fully featured game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Anyone else got an email titled “Playstation 5 Is Coming | Welcome to the new world of Immersion”

The sender’s domain is @playstationemail.com so it must be just spam.

I just got that exact email. No content other than the subject. Odd. It’s also odd because it was sent to an email address not associated with my PS account.

mortal

Gold Member
We're coming up on the last week of August now, and with PS5 being less than a 3 month.

It's kind of annoying to not have a price/date or hardly any long form gameplay trailers. Nothing even for Miles Morales, which is a launch game.

Hopefully the next SOP is actually PS5 centric.

Last edited:
Any link to where this is from? or is it from the other place?
Correct me if I'm wrong here. Am I to assume the PS5 punches above its compute unit weight class (36 CU) due to its cache scrubbers and coherency engine? Is it fair to say it may be the equivalent of a standard 40-something RDNA2 with these efficiencies?

From some tech nerd on Reddit 😂 They had enough of the numbers PR fluff. Will certainly punch well above its weight, also take into account dropping and streaming assets on the fly in the player's fulstrum, the efficiencies will make sure it's far closer to its theoretical max peaks on average.

could it be? dare i say it... a launch game?

That would be a big surprise for me. I was expecting it to be within 2021 at the most but we know how efficient Insomniac can be.

Speculation time. Imagine if we get these titles at launch or extremely close to launch.

1. Spiderman Miles Morales
2. Ratchet and Clank
3. Demon Souls

Sounds pretty crazy doesn't it?

Lysandros

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Am I to assume the PS5 punches above its compute unit weight class (36 CU) due to its cache scrubbers and coherency engine? Is it fair to say it may be the equivalent of a standard 40-something RDNA2 with these efficiencies?
All these hardware customizations cost time, effort and money, i would expect 10% of efficiency gain to be a 'minimum'.

Neo Blaster

That would be a big surprise for me. I was expecting it to be within 2021 at the most but we know how efficient Insomniac can be.

Speculation time. Imagine if we get these titles at launch or extremely close to launch.

1. Spiderman Miles Morales
2. Ratchet and Clank
3. Demon Souls

Sounds pretty crazy doesn't it?
If Insomniac can manage to release two games at the same time then they're worthy every cent Sony paid for them.

Grinchy

Banned
Would Insomniac want to launch 2 games at the same time and compete with themselves? That doesn't sound like it makes any sense to me.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
If Insomniac can manage to release two games at the same time then they're worthy every cent Sony paid for them.

Insomniac has consistently churned out quality game year after year at a pace unmatched by just about any developer. Just look at their library on Wikipedia. Some companies take 3-5 years between major releases and they barely missed a single year in the last 20 where they didnt release a major title. They are without a doubt worth every nickel Sony paid.

Perrott

Gold Member
Would Insomniac want to launch 2 games at the same time and compete with themselves? That doesn't sound like it makes any sense to me.
Insomniac "doesn't exists", it is all about Sony.

Would Sony want to launch 2 games at the same time and "compete with themselves"? Heck yeah, and if it is up to them they would launch 3 first-party games or more at the same time, as it was intended with the PS4 launch.

Insomniac won't be releasing two games for launch and cannibalize their own games when they pit one against the other. There needs to be at least 2-3 month period between games coming out of same studio IMO, so a January or February 2021 is more likely if they are really ready for releasing, may bumped till April 2021 latest if not ready with all Covid stuff.

Brilliant.

Watched but girl throating part on repeat is unnecessary and that Joker part is too much theatrics, he doesn't need repetition or exaggeration to drive his point home as the point is strong enough to drive itself anyway.

Oh btw I'm saying in terms of ACTUAL usage of power, PS5 is more powerful. Repeating it is not in terms of theoretical but in actual practical power, which is the most important critic in terms of gaming anyway, PS5 has the upper hand. We will all see as soon as first batch of Multiplatform games hit the market come November.

Added the wireless specifications sheet under the raw specs section.

According to BGs BGs PS5 Supports 128GB Blurays

"PS5 supports 128GB BDXL."

Sorry can't direct quote his post, got a reply ban for that thread....

Last edited:

bitbydeath

According to BGs BGs PS5 Supports 128GB Blurays

"PS5 supports 128GB BDXL."

Sorry can't direct quote his post, got a reply ban for that thread....

I wouldn’t be surprised but won’t add it to the OP until it comes direct from Sony.

ToadMan

could it be? dare i say it... a launch game?

Interesting isn’t it? They’ll have showed quite a bit of R&C and very little of SM:MM....

Either R&C has a more compartmentalised set of worlds so it’s easier to show than a full open world or R&C is pretty close to release....

Top Bottom