• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

What’s the deal with the ps5 file system I thought the fixed this bullshit.

i have 35gb space but I couldn’t download a 300mb patch for monster Hunter . Says not enough space. I’m assuming MH is more than 35gb and the stupid file system
Needed to Copy the whole game again.

man fuck this shit

I hate when when games stay and haunt after uninstalling them.
Also Sony fix the trophies. It sucks that trophies are buried deep within the system.

Mr Hyde

Astros Playroom is really good. I can't remember the last time we got a pack in game when you bought a console, especially of such high quality as this. Really commendable of Sony to bring this along the PS5.

It really shows off the DualSense in a great way, while also being a fun platformer in its own right. I've been with Playstation since the very beginning, so it's a nice blast from the past seeing the entire PS legacy on display here. Lots of fun references to other PS Classics as well. God of War, Bloodborne, Crash Bandicoot, DMC, FF 7, Ico. So many great games that graced the Playstation through the years.

I hope Astro gets a full blown game release.

Astros Playroom is really good. I can't remember the last time we got a pack in game when you bought a console, especially of such high quality as this. Really commendable of Sony to bring this along the PS5.

It really shows off the DualSense in a great way, while also being a fun platformer in its own right. I've been with Playstation since the very beginning, so it's a nice blast from the past seeing the entire PS legacy on display here. Lots of fun references to other PS Classics as well. God of War, Bloodborne, Crash Bandicoot, DMC, FF 7, Ico. So many great games that graced the Playstation through the years.

I hope Astro gets a full blown game release.
Astros Playroom was a love letter to all Playstation fans. I've been playing Playstation since 1997 and while playing Astro I had a smile from ear to ear. Full of fucking awesome nostalgia. Not only that it was a really fun platformer and sold me the Dualsense in an instanse.

I also really hope we'll get a full blown game release.

Mr Hyde

Finished Astros Playroom and what a fantastic game it was. So many great call backs to the important moments of Playstation history. This game embodiments why I love Sony and PS. They never forget their core fans. As Salmon Snake Salmon Snake here above said, it's a love letter to all fans of Playstation. And Sony always makes sure they are on the boat.

No other publisher would produce a AAA remake of a hardcore action-rpg like Demon's Souls. No other company packs in a wonderful trip down memory lane like Astros Playroom for free. This launch has been so good. They have addressed everything I felt was bad with the PS4 launch and doubled down on it. The DualSense is awesome. It's leaps beyond any controller I've had before. The console is almost pure perfection. Of course there is room for lots of improvements but coming out of the gate with this kinda hardware, with these types of launch games, and accessories, it's really fucking good and very surprising because of all the tepid PS launches that came before it.

DaveinAmaze

Neo Member
When do you guys think they’ll release different colours of the dualsense controller?
I want to get a 2nd one, wondering if I should just grab a white one or wait for new colours to be released 🤔

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Sorry probably been asked a hundred times in 94 pages but can I install external hard drive, install a bunch of PS4 games on, safely remove the hardware (setting in extended storage) then when I want to play these PS4 titles just plug the drive back it and it’s all super?

Or if I unplug it does it have a meltdown when you plug it back in saying it can’t be used?

Ideally I’d like a bunch of PS4 stuff installed on it but don’t want all the icons cluttering up the start page / homepage whatever you call it and as we know they haven’t introduced folders yet.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I got so lucky.

About two weeks ago, I posted on Nextdoor that I wanted a PS5. Someone replied "If I can get my hands on one, I'll sell it to you at the price I bought it for."

Last week he hit me up after a best buy restock. He was able to get one. When the system came, we met at the store. He claimed it and then handed it off to me. I paid him by venmo.

I wonder why he decided to help me.

I got so lucky.

About two weeks ago, I posted on Nextdoor that I wanted a PS5. Someone replied "If I can get my hands on one, I'll sell it to you at the price I bought it for."

Last week he hit me up after a best buy restock. He was able to get one. When the system came, we met at the store. He claimed it and then handed it off to me. I paid him by venmo.

I wonder why he decided to help me.

A good samaritan. Rare.

Don Carlo

Heroic, West is busy with COD games lol.
"In contrast to the US, Europe, and Canada, were the most downloaded PS5 game of 2020 was Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Japanese PS5 users were greatly impressed by action RPG Demon’s Souls."

Nitty_Grimes

You know I’m so shit at that Astros thing I cannot even do the final boss.

Don’t know what the fuck is wrong with me, old age and timing probably. It’s a piece of shit tech demo but I cannot do it.

Finished Astros Playroom and what a fantastic game it was. So many great call backs to the important moments of Playstation history. This game embodiments why I love Sony and PS. They never forget their core fans. As Salmon Snake Salmon Snake here above said, it's a love letter to all fans of Playstation. And Sony always makes sure they are on the boat.

No other publisher would produce a AAA remake of a hardcore action-rpg like Demon's Souls. No other company packs in a wonderful trip down memory lane like Astros Playroom for free. This launch has been so good. They have addressed everything I felt was bad with the PS4 launch and doubled down on it. The DualSense is awesome. It's leaps beyond any controller I've had before. The console is almost pure perfection. Of course there is room for lots of improvements but coming out of the gate with this kinda hardware, with these types of launch games, and accessories, it's really fucking good and very surprising because of all the tepid PS launches that came before it.
Couldn't have agreed more, the launch has been superb so far. The only thing where Sony dropped the ball big time is ensuring actual people got the PS5 and not bots in developed countries. Sony's handling of production and meeting supply demand continue to fall short yet again this new gen.

Hostile_18

Banned
HD space has become an issue. The question is do I get an external SSD for now or wait for the expandable storage.

The answer to this is how many PS4 games are currently installed?

If its alot an external NVME is definitely the way to go. PS4 games run at the same speed as the internal and that leaves your internal for PS5 games.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I’m pissed off cos I’m shit at platforming games. I’m not slagging off your precious.
Hehe, good.

yas omg GIF by O&O, Inc

Nitty_Grimes

Platinum on PS3 won’t be playing it again.

I’ve finished Astro Bot now, fuck knows what was wrong with me :(

Last edited:

cd_jakevas

The answer to this is how many PS4 games are currently installed?

If its alot an external NVME is definitely the way to go. PS4 games run at the same speed as the internal and that leaves your internal for PS5 games.
Most are PS4 games. Does a 3.1 or 3.2 (SSD) matter for the external games?

Couldn't have agreed more, the launch has been superb so far. The only thing where Sony dropped the ball big time is ensuring actual people got the PS5 and not bots in developed countries. Sony's handling of production and meeting supply demand continue to fall short yet again this new gen.
Supply side economics dictate production moreso than demand itself. The simple fact of Size+Weight along with small profit margins dictate how many get produced and how they are shipped. Its not the size and weight of a smartphone with a ridiculously high profit margin; which is why they Shouldn't be produced in higher numbers than they are; and is also why they must be shipped across the ocean in the slowest, least expensive manner.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Supply side economics dictate production moreso than demand itself. The simple fact of Size+Weight along with small profit margins dictate how many get produced and how they are shipped. Its not the size and weight of a smartphone with a ridiculously high profit margin; which is why they Shouldn't be produced in higher numbers than they are; and is also why they must be shipped across the ocean in the slowest, least expensive manner.
You also never want to be the console that launches and has stock on the shelf. I’m not saying Sony couldn’t have sold more than they did at retail, but It’s a good thing to have an in demand product. PS5 is the most sought after product in a year where production of every product type, from phones to sneakers to game consoles, was severely impacted by COVID. And as ee mentioned, it’s not exactly a logistical breeze given it’s size.

Rolla

Banned
I was excited to get the PS5 and I think that overshadowed how outstanding the launch lineup was going to be. I had a blast playing through Demon's Souls. Sackboy get a huge grin on my face and I just got the plat for Miles Morales.

cH52N1i.jpg

Congrats to Playstation. Covid/supply issues aside the launch has been incredible.

DaveinAmaze

Neo Member
What do you guys think of these gamepad covers for the dualsense controller? I didn't even know the black part was removable. Some of the colours look nice. Haven't ordered anything from the company before, but I'm thinking about it

Reached the point where I wake up every day expecting to see a system update ready to install. Been almost 6 weeks now.

Realllllly hope we can upgrade internal expansion soon. I still have space but getting a little tight.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Got some pulse 3D for Christmas and after almost a month I can say that they are trash vs my sennheiser 600 don’t believe the hype.

• Triggered
Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom