• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Orientaion

xrnzaaas

Vertical works better with my current setup and I can agree that the stand makes the console wobbly when it's horizontial. I had to move the tv slightly to the side because the console wouldn't find in a shelf where I wanted to put it.

saintjules

The PS5 needs at least 4 inches or 10cm in the back for the air to exhaust properly.

To maintain good ventilation, follow these guidelines below:

• Place the console at least 10 cm (4 in) away from a wall surface.
  • Do not place on a carpet or rug with long fibers.
  • Do not place in a narrow or cramped space.
  • Do not cover with cloth.
  • Do not allow dust to build up on the vents. Use a cleaning tool such as a vacuum cleaner to remove dust buildup.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
The PS5 needs at least 4 inches or 10cm in the back for the air to exhaust properly.

They said the same thing about the PS4 pro as well.

I actually think horizontal looks better. The console design looks horrible though. The PS4 slim and pro were such good looking consoles (esp in horizontal).

I think in general I find horizontal better looking, except for Series X.

MacReady13

I have to stand mine up because laying it flat results in some really loud vibration sounds, which is mitigated by placing it vertical.
Either vertically or horizontally I had some pretty noticeable vibration as well. I stopped that by removing the top cover and placing a bit of foam in the area that was vibrating and them shutting the lid. You can't see the foam sticking out and my console is vibration free!

Top Bottom