• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 New Accessories Prices

ethomaz

Banned
  • DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
  • PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
  • HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
  • DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why do you need a headset with 3D audio support when all stereo headphones will get 3D audio on PS5? I don't get that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I tried telling GAF that the Dualsense was gonna be at least $10 more than the Dualshock 4.

There was just no way that they were adding that many new features to the controller and keeping it the same price.

Nydus

Gold Member
I tried telling GAF that the Dualsense was gonna be at least $10 more than the Dualshock 4.

There was just no way that they were adding that many new features to the controller and keeping it the same price.
What new features??? Those triggers?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What new features??? Those triggers?
Adaptive triggers, built in microphone, dual motor rumble. All while keeping the touch pad from the DS4 as well as the bluetooth, internal rechargeable battery, gyroscope, etc.

Nydus

Gold Member
Adaptive triggers, built in microphone, dual motor rumble. All while keeping the touch pad from the DS4 as well as the bluetooth, internal rechargeable battery, gyroscope, etc.
Everything tech gets cheaper. And those triggers and rumble are old technology. I don't think they are worth that much more.

Have fun buying that 2nd controller and be annoyed by the fact that you can't use your DS4 for PS5 games.

I actually expected it to be more expensive than the Switch Pro Controller, though. Was expecting 80€ with all that fancy tech in there.

Now let's hope the fancy tech doesn't break easily.
Everything tech gets cheaper. And those triggers and rumble are old technology. I don't think they are worth that much more.
The triggers are pretty much Force Feedback in very small form factor. This won't get cheaper to produce unless you want to cheap out on materials and risk breaking.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Why do you need a headset with 3D audio support when all stereo headphones will get 3D audio on PS5? I don't get that.

I think that's for the advanced HRTF profiles etc. Though the way the companion app was treates makes me think general headphones will be fine and default.

Last edited:
Has there been any confirmation about Dualshock 4 Back Button Attachment working on Dualsense?

I don't like the fact that I have to play shooters without it.

Top Bottom