• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Is The “Most Exciting Hardware In 20 Years”, According to Technical-Minded Sources.

Dory16

Banned
That logo is the most exciting thing since the first Tesla car, I agree.
Interesting spin. If it was the most powerful hardware guess what "technical minded sources" would be touting right at this hour.. ?

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
One told me that even the 2DS was more exciting.

There is always someone to tell you what you want to hear.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hyperbole at its finest. PS2 was pretty damn big.

R5SB2j4.png

Ar¢tos

Most exciting?
It's just more of the same, but more powerful. Nothing wrong with that, but it's hardly exciting.
CELL 2.0 would be exciting (not good probably, but exciting).

Controversial Opinion: Games are exciting. Not hardware.

I'm not going to jizz over 100 teraflops unless there's something worth playing on it that I can't get elsewhere.

Well said. I still remember the hype around the Dreamcast and Sega Saturn. Those consoles blew the competition away in terms of hardware, but they lacked games/all the good games weren't getting localized.

I'm hoping to see the console and the specs. I have doubt that we will see much in terms of gameplay, but that would be a nice surprise. Maybe a couple teasers. If they do show some games, it would be nice if Microsoft retaliated with some previews of their own. Honestly, I'd love them to dual their banjo's till fall.

They got something innovative under wraps, the PS Boss hinted the same thing.
Would you look at that, the guy who runs the division for the new product they are about to reveal is hyping up his product with "innovative" PR speak!? Jesus christ, this is unprecendented stuff i'm seeing here.

Mista

Banned
I hope this isn't just another marketing hype bollocks. Will wait for tomorrow and see the whole thing. Excited for sure

Fbh

I expect random devs in front of a black background going "This changes everything" and "Now the only limit is my imagination" while describing some gimmicky tech buzzword that does, in fact, not change everything.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Yeah sure Jason, micropenisis on guys that try really hard are also very interesting and I'm sure is a great topic of conversation for those in the sex industry. It sure as fuck don't mean straight women all rush and will put thier metaphorical and physical money down for micropenises instead of that sweet sweet big dick loving. No spin detected here at all, no sir. Just straight facts devoid of both hyperbole and the authors opinion, just the staright facts kotaku is known for. (See how i can make shit up too?) ... and i say this all as a sony fanboy, truth is more important than my personal joy in Sony winning a fictional console war

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Controversial Opinion: Games are exciting. Not hardware.

I'm not going to jizz over 100 teraflops unless there's something worth playing on it that I can't get elsewhere.

There is a reason why people still play sega genesis and nes games. Hardware does not make a good game, a good game makes a game good. That's why the ps4 has done so well because it had good games, also why xbox one x didn't do so well because despite being more powerful it didn't have many good games.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

VR built-in.
The controller is already announced to have much greater feedback to trick your brain into thinking you can feel the pull of a bow string for example.

Aidah

Alright, interesting. Much faster hardware is obviously great, but a bit of innovation to go along with that on the feature front would be great, especially if it's a significant differentiator.

Top Bottom