• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 cooling system is 'lavish', makes the PS5 more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

Playing Ori, higher rated than anything Sony put out out this year, and last year for that matter.

Bye.

I dont play 2D indie games, dont play high rated Nintendo games that reviewers love as well.

I am fine with that, dont care. Done my share of 2D from amiga to Ps1 thanks, but some reviewers do like em.

Probably gota backlog of hundreds of these type of games, so what.

Still got to start spiderman, last Creed game, Borderlands 3, RE2 and a few others...indie games dont get a look in.

Last edited:

dxdt

The problem is in using, not what to use.
Based on MS profiling of games and likely feedback from devs, MS believes that 10 GB at 560 GB/s is sufficient for GPU textures and BW sensitive data. Then they allocate 3.5 GB for data that don't need 560 GB/s (audio data, CPU data, scripting, etc...) and finally 2.5 GB just for the OS.

How do you think Sony would do the allocation given that the PS4 reserves 3.5 GB for OS?

Deto

Banned
Based on MS profiling of games and likely feedback from devs, MS believes that 10 GB at 560 GB/s is sufficient for GPU textures and BW sensitive data. Then they allocate 3.5 GB for data that don't need 560 GB/s (audio data, CPU data, scripting, etc...) and finally 2.5 GB just for the OS.

How do you think Sony would do the allocation given that the PS4 reserves 3.5 GB for OS?

Again:

if you access the 6GB pool, it will cut the memory band to ~ 400GB / s

And I didn't understand, what does PS4 matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom