• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Backwards Compatibility Tested - And It's Fantastic!

Skifi28

Disappointed they didn't test monster hunter, but I expect a locked 60 there too. Better than expected, maybe this finally kills all the misinformation.

Zathalus

From what I can see from IGN, Gamespot and other outlets the PS5 has better FPS in some games, but that is only due to the older games using checkerboarding vs native, or a lower resolution. The XSX has faster load times, auto-HDR, less glitches (Resident Evil 7 for example) and x16 anisotropic filtering.

Last edited:
One big advantage of the competition turns into smoke. Damn.

yeah, so much better:

EmJIASsU0AAK9z6

playing a single gen, vs 4 generations.

Beardsalt

Oh man, the meltdowns will be fun! /s

On a side note, mad at no Bloodborne 60fps yet but DarkSouls 3 60fps, I’m ready baby!!!
(Never purchased DS3 on my PC even though it’s stronger then my consoles)

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Cool! Just like with Series X, not unexpected from boost mode and unlocked framerates, but it's really nice to see. Especially that Dark Souls 3 at 60 fps.

From what I can see from IGN, Gamespot and other outlets the PS5 has better FPS in some games, but that is only due to the older games using checkerboarding vs native, or a lower resolution. The XSX has faster load times, auto-HDR, less glitches (Resident Evil 7 for example) and x16 anisotropic filtering.

exactly. And Xbox supports 4 generations.
don’t know why people don’t get that. I would rather have a much higher resolution and a few small dips here and there than a constantly much lower res.

Is it?
"The legendary disc version of Assassin's Creed Unity, with its unlocked frame-rate, produces a flawless 60 frames per second experience on Xbox Series X. The PlayStation 4 disc code is similarly unlocked, but certain areas of the game and depth-of-field-heavy cutscenes see performance plummet - sometimes as low as the mid 30s."

Is there any info how for example Assasisns Creed Syndicate is working? Or any other "bootable" game?
Yeah, Syndicate has a shadow bug.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Weird that they decided to Tone Map the HDR for every title that doesn't have HDR. FireStick does something similar and it drives me up a wall. It messes with the brightness. Obviously you can turn it off but thats a weird decision to not have it toggable.

GHG

yeah, so much better:

EmJIASsU0AAK9z6

playing a single gen, vs 4 generations.

Because it runs those games at a much higher resolution, because the Xbox one X version had a higher resolution.
Only for unity, where both games had the same resolution, we see this beauty:

So much better:

EmJIASsU0AAK9z6

Didn't quite catch that, can you post the same image again?

splattered

THANK GOD. Now this is what i want to hear! Now devs just need to get off their asses and release patches for top titles and next gen won't feel as low through the first year for both consoles :messenger_fire:

Top Bottom