• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

I just has a strange occurrence with my Pro. I was starting a battle lounge match in SFV (digital version) and the fan kicked in and just went mental for 10 seconds, then calmed down again. Never happened before and don't know what to think.

The game slowed down during that time but that's probably just SFV. The match connection wasn't great either.

MBison

Is there a good buyers guide for best 4k tvs to pair with the PS4 pro? I want a 60 inch which is already a weird size. I missed out on the sales of the UN60KS8000 which seems to be the best option. And it seems there's a wide difference between hdr and no hdr etc and hard to tell which tvs will be the best.

Helppp

Maybe somebody here can help, I'm having a weird issue with my Pro.

I don't receive messages on the PSN. They just don't get to me when I know my friends have sent them.

When I send a message (through the app or the system) the message appears on the left side, as opposed to the usual right side.

Anybody know what I should do to fix? Restore my system? I don't know. Not feeling good about this

Euler007

Apparently it has about 34ms of input lag, which is pretty good for a TV. It's not up there with the Samsung models (20ms) but it's still pretty respectable.

One more frame behind, should be undistinguishable at 60 fps, for sure impossible to see a difference at 30fps.

For those that haven't seen the "MS says no rules for parity" thread, just FYI, the myth of "FPS performance parity rules" with Pro and Scorpio have been debunked: there are none.

If devastated want they can program FPS advantages for Pro and Scorpio users

Awesome news

wtd2009

How is this tv for PS4 pro?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-60-c...-dynamic-range-silver/4954002.p?skuId=4954002

It was on a recent list as good for PS4 pro
If you're seriously considering that model, consider getting it from Dell. It is the same price as best buy and comes with a $300 gift card according to ign and they sell consoles through their store. So you almost get a pro for free.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/lg-60-inch-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-60uh7700-uhd-tv/apd/a8847021/tv-home-theater?prg=1&VEN1=12578053-7060520-b6c669bc-11db-49e0-8f93-6a057e514ba5&AID=7060520&dgc=CJ&DGSeg=DHS&cid=198375&lid=45846&acd=12309198375458460&VEN3=110303823637908217

Edit:looks like the promo is over, it does come and go often though.

Brandwin

Recently got a PS4 Pro and a 4K monitor. What settings need to be on/adjusted to make sure I am getting the most out of my new toys? Thanks!

Eria

Soo guys... I never bought rise of the tomb raider but it appears on my library. I don't know what happened... am I missing something?

Downloading right now.

Soo guys... I never bought rise of the tomb raider but it appears on my library. I don't know what happened... am I missing something?

Downloading right now.

Do you have your credit card linked to PSN? If so then I would suggest you change your sign in email and password to be on safe side.

My University is sending out 30% off codes through email for Target.com that is able to be used on some gaming items.

With the code I was able to purchase a PS4 Pro for $280

Other PS4 items available are
PS4 Slim Uncharted Bundle - $189
Horizon Zero Dawn
Rocket League
NBA 2K17
For Honor
Overwatch

The code is supposed to be used for their "Shop Now, Pick Up Later" program for college students for pickup in August, but the code can be used on the main Target site for in store pick up today.

Universities that are sending out codes:
University Of Central Oklahoma
New Mexico State University
Arizona State
San Jose State University
California State University - Los Angeles
University Of Nevada - Las Vegas

BigEmil

The WiFi router is in the next room just blocked by one wall

If the Pro was in this room should i choose 5ACghz or 2.4ghz for WiFI connection?

I know 5ACghz is less busy and less interference etc but it is not good past walls as far as i read but it's only one room wall blocking and a cupboard

ElNino

If the Pro was in this room should i choose 5ACghz or 2.4ghz for WiFI connection?

I know 5ACghz is less busy and less interference etc but it is not good past walls as far as i read but it's only one room wall blocking and a cupboard
Every home and WiFi signal is different, but I almost always get better results with 5Ghz over 2.4Ghz. I have two routers on different floors and on different sides of the house though, so I get a good signal for each band across my entire house.

Vashetti

Banned

Use ethernet.

mug

If it's just one wall you'll be fine.

My PS4 can't run in 1080P without having red static on white text and black backgrounds and distorted audio with static issues. It seems to work fine in 1080i and below, but the issues appear in 1080P and the only reason I have a picture at all is that I turned off the HDCP and messed around with the HDMI plug on the back of my PS4. I used two different types of cables and the PS3 works fine regardless of the cable used, so it's not the TV or the cable since both are new. I have to turn the HDR off on my PS4 as well. I don't know if the graphics card is messed up or the HDMI port itself on the PS4 is messed up. I'm contemplating seeing if I can just trade it in for a PS4 Pro if I have to send it in for repairs.

Costco finally has the Pro. https://www.costco.com/Destiny-2-Limited-Edition-PlayStation-4-Pro-Bundle.product.100377327.html

Woooo. Lifetime return policy. Get it while it's hot

Do they have a black one? Not a big fan of the white.

Got a PS4 non-slim, going back and forth on getting a PS4 Pro. Bought a 4K Samsung recently so wouldn't mind taking advantage of it. Torn between jumping in now or waiting for a Black Friday deal.

Oh, I know this is probably a stupid question, but is Live From Playstation (or whatever it is called, where one can walk streamed games) better with a Pro? Less pixelation? Higher res streams? I spend an inordinate amount of time with that on as background noise while I work.

Top Bottom