• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

My PS4 Pro turned itself off while I was playing Persona 5 just now. I couldn't get it to turn back on until after I unplugged and plugged everything back in. I have it out in the open and it wasn't warm at all, never heard the fans go into overdrive while I was playing. Seems to be working now but that was really weird.

New002

Update. Unloaded og xbox one and Picked up a Pro and Horizon Zero Dawn. Can. Not. Wait to see this game on 4k OLED...But I WILL have to wait until tomorrow @_@

And now I wait for Scorpio.

Appreciate the thoughts!

I don't own a PS4 atm. Have a Wii U, Xbox One and Xbox One S. Unloading my original One today to put towards either a Pro or Scorpio. I'm also thinking it will be a $50 price cut at best if Sony does anything for E3, since the system still seems to be selling very well, and it's not like Scoprio is actually launching come E3. Holiday might see better deals like you said but I'll be picking up a Scorpio then so don't want to buy those back to back.

I'll probably jump in now-ish and get started on Horizon. Will report back.

I see, well in your case then yeah go ahead and get the Pro. I was thinking that if you had a Ps4 already that you could probably hold off to see what Sony announces in a few months. But if you're hankering for some ps4 action now, by all means jump in and enjoy. Great first choice gamewise as well : )

Edit: lol I didn't scroll further to see you had already gone ahead and bought it. Good job, what 4K TV are you running? Bestbuy has the 55ks8000 for $999 if you're in the market.

Ugh. Bought a PS4 zero used from gamestop yesterday buy it came with a dual shock 4 from OG ps4. Need to return it.

Question

Nier, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza or Horizon as my first game?

Playsage

Ugh. Bought a PS4 zero used from gamestop yesterday buy it came with a dual shock 4 from OG ps4. Need to return it.

Question

Horizon is easily the mandatory "Ps4 Pro" game at the moment (I bought mine for its launch)

But you should follow your taste here, since they are three completely different games

Yakuza 0 is on sale in the EU store

Horizon is easily the mandatory "Ps4 Pro" game at the moment (I bought mine for its launch)

But you should follow your taste here, since they are three completely different games

Yakuza 0 is on sale in the EU store

Think I'll do that as I just spent 130 hrs with BotW and worry that spending another 50-60 hrs with another open world game will burn me out. I dunno. Thanks for the heads up.

True Fire

Question

Yazuka and Horizon offer more gameplay and replayability.

NieR is the type of game that you'll never play again after getting 100%. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's not a good first game. You'll definitely want to play it eventually though

New002

I see, well in your case then yeah go ahead and get the Pro. I was thinking that if you had a Ps4 already that you could probably hold off to see what Sony announces in a few months. But if you're hankering for some ps4 action now, by all means jump in and enjoy. Great first choice gamewise as well : )

Edit: lol I didn't scroll further to see you had already gone ahead and bought it. Good job, what 4K TV are you running? Bestbuy has the 55ks8000 for $999 if you're in the market.

Hey there no worries. Will be hooking this up to an LG OLED C6. Very, very excited to see how Horizon looks.

Triz

Stupid question I'm sure... do I need to disconnect the VR pass through to enable 4K HDR? Having a hell of a time trying to figure out my problem and I think that's it.

Edit answered in the first post. Never mind.

Rainer70

Stupid question I'm sure... do I need to disconnect the VR pass through to enable 4K HDR? Having a hell of a time trying to figure out my problem and I think that's it.

Yea the VR box doesn't passthrough HDR but does 4k. A solution is to use an HDMI switch.

Shaii

Got the current week off work, and I have recently finished BotW, so I figured I would order a Pro and play some Horizon.

Turns out the power button was busted out of the box...

Any of you experienced this? No click, no boot... Eject button worked fine though. I'm currently packing it up for RMA. The disappointment :-(...

8byte

Banned
Strange question and not really specific to the Pro, but can you use two headphones via two DS4s? Or will only one output audio?

ultrazilla

It said upgrade to ultra HD for $2 more a month. Was my first time seeing, granted I haven't used Netflix in a while.

I have the Ultra HD plan on Netflix and have not noticed a 4k prompt when I open the app on my PS4 Pro. I only get the 4k prompt from the tv's Netflix app.

I'll check again right now to see if they've updated the PS4 Pro Netflix app to support 4k streaming.

KronikCity518

Neo Member
I have the Ultra HD plan on Netflix and have not noticed a 4k prompt when I open the app on my PS4 Pro. I only get the 4k prompt from the tv's Netflix app.

I'll check again right now to see if they've updated the PS4 Pro Netflix app to support 4k streaming.

I got a PS4 on launch day and the PS4 Pro Netflix app has always played 4K for me. It was one of the first things I tried. I don't use it because it doesn't support HDR like the one on my tv.

RedAssedApe

Banned

i believe there is only a small number of titles that support it at the moment. Mostly originals?

CwezJcyvZzpQCLJkf9sBiL-650-80.jpg

RedAssedApe

Banned
Come on Sony when are you gonna release a limited edition one of these?!?

wouldn't be surprised to see one for destiny 2 or battlefront. these things sold like hotcakes. although more likely it'd just be for the standard model. sony doesn't seem to be putting much advertising love into the pro :\

ultrazilla

Ok what's weird is that my Netflix app recently updated on my Pro and I'm seeing the Ultra HD/4k content offerings.

Currently watching IRON FIST(does this get any better after part 3 or 4?) and LUKE CAGE(great series).

Also, for those of you with the PRO and Netflix Ultra HD service, one of the best televisions shows ever IMHO-"BREAKING BAD" is in their 4K offerings. It's beautifully shot and the 4K is eye popping good! Oh and a little series called "STRANGER THINGS" is in 4K as well.

And and fellow PRO owners-I've googled this and really haven't found a definitive answer. Does the PS4 Pro upscale regular blu-ray movies to near 4k quality? Most of the time they talk about the games but not the blu-rays. Thank you kindly and cheers!

I really wish Sony and put in a 4K drive in the Pro but don't get me wrong, it's still a killer system and I love it. Can't believe "DRIVECLUB" didn't get a Pro patch!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ok what's weird is that my Netflix app recently updated on my Pro and I'm seeing the Ultra HD/4k content offerings.

Currently watching IRON FIST(does this get any better after part 3 or 4?) and LUKE CAGE(great series).

Also, for those of you with the PRO and Netflix Ultra HD service, one of the best televisions shows ever IMHO-"BREAKING BAD" is in their 4K offerings. It's beautifully shot and the 4K is eye popping good! Oh and a little series called "STRANGER THINGS" is in 4K as well.

why bold everything?

Does the Pro even have 4k support for Youtube and Netflix? 4k tvs have apps that support 4k. you should be watching these shows on your tv apps.

Planet

If anyone has a PSN Plus trial and doesn't need it, I'd like to buy it off you.
It doesn't work that way, it is account based. Either you are eligable for the Plus trial or not, and then it costs nothing. If not, and you absolutely need it, there is no other way than to purchase. Too bad they raised the prices for short periods massively. €7 for a month is steep considering I recently paid €3 per month (over a span of two years), and there are sometimes even cheaper offers.

ty_hot

At first I thouht the Pro would get a price reduction close to Scorpio's launch, but lately there are many deals popping up ... I've seen it for around 375 on amazon (europe), I've seen games being bundled with it for 400 (horizon, re7), I've seen a buy a pro (400) get a 40 card as well (game) and now there is even a pro+horizon+deus ex (not a new game, but its still a 2nd game bundled). I am starting to feel that Sony can drop the price after E3 and not wait till the end of the year.

Scorpio for sure is more powerful than the Pro so its safer to drop the price earlier and make people jump in the PS4Pro than to wait for the end of the year where the same people might decide to just spend a little bit more and get a Scorpio instead.

I dont know how is the PS4 Pro doing outside of europe though.

ultrazilla

why bold everything?

Does the Pro even have 4k support for Youtube and Netflix? 4k tvs have apps that support 4k. you should be watching these shows on your tv apps.

I've had a few people ask that. Here's the answer why. It's quite simple. My posts stand out more and tend to get read or looked at and responded to compared to having everything look the same. Besides, NeoGAF provides the tools to enhance the writer's posts, why not use them? I tend to bold proper names and questions and personally don't see anything wrong with it.

Back on topic, I have this model: https://www.hisense-usa.com/electronics/tv/50h8c For those not wanting to "break the bank" I highly recommend this tv. The picture is incredible and the HDR is a game changer. When I booted up Horizon: Zero Dawn it detected the tv had HDR and activated it. Soooo beautiful!

Lastly, the tv does appear to upscale hd content to near 4k content. The Netflix app through the PS4 Pro supports 4k and to me, is much easier to navigate with the Dual Shock than the tv remote.

I can move games between playstations as long as my profile is on both right?

Just copy from one onto a portable hdd and then on to the other.

Donos

Thanks to Gamestop (germany) i'm upgrading to a Pro for cheap soon. Already have a SSD i use as external for my 2-3 main games. Now i'm thinking about if it's worth the hassle to make the SSD the internal drive of the pro and use the 1TB of the Pro as external. Would have to save these game somewhere else or redownload them.

There is no speed difference between loading games from internal SSD compared to external SSD, isn't it?

Just got my Pro over the weekend.

I kinda noticed that the icons would sometimes be blurry until the whole XMB refreshes to show the icons in a better quality. Is that normal?

Top Bottom