• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 emulation on the PC is here | SPINE emulator

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There are quite a lot of 2D games on PS4, my guy.

You clearly didn't watch the video either, haha.
You're right, emulating a PS4 to play Mega Man is amazing
Cracking Up Reaction GIF

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Interesting especially if you don’t want to look at your old PS4 in your entertainment anymore PC emulation is next level.
Computer Delete GIF

Utherellus

I wonder if this emulator will progress faster then RPCS3 since it's PS4 is on x86.

I guess so. I remember the developer in Discord comparing Spine to WINE, because it roughly does the same - translating one API to another (plus-minus custom hardware difficulties)

There is a point. There are a lot of PS4 exclusive games and many multiplatform console only games that never will be ported to PC.

Sony only plans to port some old games, not all of them. And there are also many 3rd party console only games that after not being ported to PC for years very likely won't be ported now.
Sony's plan can change and eventually have day 1 releases on PC. Also what multiplatform game? Everything is on PC too for multiplatform titles.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I guess so. I remember the developer in Discord comparing Spine to WINE, because it roughly does the same - translating one API to another (plus-minus custom hardware difficulties)
Is the whole thing run on your CPU, or does it also use your GPU?

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully devs focus on Bloodborne just like demons souls was the title to play on RPCS3 and BOTW drove CEMU development. Other games are nice to have but Bloodborne is the priority

Emulators, even mature implementations:

wooo, it's working, but sometimes the protagonist's head is missing. Hmmpphh.
Yeah that is fair, flawless emulation usually takes a long time and iirc even stuff like CEMU sometimes has bugs. None of this is even remotely a threat to consoles considering the time span. The ability to play Bloodborne 10 years later isn't going to kill Sony.

Top Bottom