• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 2 is now close to its 22 years anniversary. The console was revealed to the public in September 20, 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglet

Banned
If you ignore the reality of it, PS2 and PS3 were not only the most powerful consoles of their time, but STILL to this day have not been beaten.

PS2 rendering every hair on a characters head? Plugging into the matrix? Fuck me, not even XB Series X comes close. It may be decades before they are even surpassed.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
If you ignore the reality of it, PS2 and PS3 were not only the most powerful consoles of their time, but STILL to this day have not been beaten.

PS2 rendering every hair on a characters head? Plugging into the matrix? Fuck me, not even XB Series X comes close. It may be decades before they are even surpassed.
Then let's not ignore the reality of it then, yes?

sublimit

Banned

If you don't ignore the reality of it you could always try to count the hairs of a character on your powerful xbox while PS2 players were busy playing an almost never-ending library of great exclusive games.

jigglet

Banned
If you don't ignore the reality of it you could always try to count the hairs of a character on your powerful xbox while PS2 players were busy playing an almost never-ending library of great exclusive games.

Or we could take a 22 year old console and what was clearly a joke and turn it into a pointless console war, yes.

Ikutachi

I played mine primarily for FFXI before its discontinuation on it. Missed out on a lot of offline games I'll get around to trying out.

jigglet

Banned
I played mine primarily for FFXI before its discontinuation on it. Missed out on a lot of offline games I'll get around to trying out.

I don't think I played a single FF game on mine. I don't even remember why I bought it, I just remember keeping it for longer than I needed to cause of Ico. It was my Ico machine. Fucking hell that game was sublime.

The funny thing is the Ico remaster is the only reason I'm keeping my PS3 around too. I loathe collecting hardware these days so it'll go on eBay the min PS5 can play it.

Last edited:

Von Hugh

Xbox and GameCube were both more powerful than PS2, but sure, let's ignore reality for the sake of consolewarring.

PS2 is the best Playstation. still got my PS2 Slim. i remember when the PS2 was announced and it felt so damn futuristic and powerful.

wish we'd get a PS2 Classic at some point like we got with the PS1.

Why to hell Every shit need a news🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
For 10 or 20 years it's OK for a news but this🤷‍♂️
you could've just ignored the post and moved on with your day but you had to come in and complain. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom