• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation® x Discord: Connect Your Account and Show What You’re Playing

Draugoth

Gold Member

FKdG7CxUcAE70EH

PlayStation x Discord We’re gradually rolling out the ability to link your PlayStation Network account to share what games you’re playing.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

"once your Discord account is linked, the game you’re currently playing on either PS4™ or PS5™ will be shown as your activity, just like that!

You can even opt to display your PlayStation™Network online ID on your profile so your Discord friends can add you and tag along. It’s especially great for knowing if your friend is currently playing a game that supports cross-play on another platform. "

"Don’t see the option quite yet? PlayStation Network account connection is gradually rolling out to U.S. Discord users with additional countries soon to follow — check back later in User Settings > Connections if it’s not there for you at the moment."

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is this more than Xbox linking? Because that is really weak, you can make bot and incorporate it better to your website, back-end service, etc...

Honestly surprised that more companies does not do, what is open to everyday Joe...

dem

I thought the partnership was going to be like... chat integration and stuff?

Doesn't Xbox already have this?

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Companies don't really roll out entire features in one go nowadays, this the first step i would think.
True, but MS concerned, they allowed this years ago and then they never touch anything further. Well they allow you to name yourself in Discord style nickname, but I find those horrible. I wish there would be more integration, like calling. That would be good. Like Skype, but on Discord when you playing some game. Maybe PS will have it, would be sweet

Mr Moose

This morning I was reading how some of the Sony fans were expecting voice chat, streaming, etc. 😱

Together, our teams are already hard at work connecting Discord with your social and gaming experience on PlayStation Network. Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year, allowing friends, groups, and communities to hang out, have fun, and communicate more easily while playing games together.

drotahorror

No voice chat? Wow I can see what my friends are playing? I can also look at the Playstation app.

I thought this would be nice because I could chat with my friends on PS4/PS5 while I sat my ass at my PC.

I still have to use remote play app, turn ps5 on, unmute mic, and can't use a PS5 controller on my PC while remote play is going because it will control the ps5.

Last edited:

onesvenus

But this doesn't say anything about streaming or voice chat.
I'd expect that seeing how that announcement was made. One year later, we can set our discord status to what we are playing.
Was expecting more

Edgelord79

Gold Member
No voice chat? Wow I can see what my friends are playing? I can also look at the Playstation app.

I thought this would be nice because I could chat with my friends on PS4/PS5 while I sat my ass at my PC.

I still have to use remote play app, turn ps5 on, unmute mic, and can't use a PS5 controller on my PC while remote play is going because it will control the ps5.
I don't get this either unless that's coming. This is a loose definition of the term "integration".

HTK

Banned
The sad thing is the fanboys are acting like this is a massive thing.
This partnership is useless, this feature is useless. I won't even connect my PSN to this because there is no REAL value. What value do I get out of my Discord friends seeing what I'm playing? WTF? This is such a miss from what I was expecting from this partnership, even more so because the changes they made to the PlayStation Party UX/UI is atrocious.

onesvenus

Are you serious right now? Sometimes i feel like this forum is full of 12 year olds.
I am. Does having your status show what you are playing in PS5 warrant all those blog posts from a year ago? Not for me.
I hope there's progress made during this year and it doesn't stay like this

Jigsaah

Gold Member
That's it!? Are you F*****g kidding me?

This whole partnership is to show your Discord friends what you're playing? What about VOIP? wtf
Don't trip. Xbox has been feeling this pain for a few years now. Still no discord VOIP on Xbox. You can see the games Im playing on PC Gamepass, however I don't think it shows the games I'm playing on Xbox. So that's a plus?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Good to see Xbox and PlayStation are equally out of touch.
Yea It's probably because they have their own proprietary VOIP that they can monitor and regulate...where discord is the wild west by comparison.

HTK

Banned
Yea It's probably because they have their own proprietary VOIP that they can monitor and regulate...where discord is the wild west by comparison.

Good. I hope you enjoy being confined to single shitty proprietary VoIP (strictly speaking about PlayStation UX/UI) in the ERA of crossplay. Glad you're out of touch as well.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
That's it!? Are you F*****g kidding me?

This whole partnership is to show your Discord friends what you're playing? What about VOIP? wtf

I'm plenty sure that will come later. I think Sony is on this "push all communications out today for PR reasons" approach, so this info got pushed out with everything else.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Good. I hope you enjoy being confined to single shitty proprietary VoIP (strictly speaking about PlayStation UX/UI) in the ERA of crossplay. Glad you're out of touch as well.
Wha? I'm a PC player sir. I use discord daily. I was just explaining possibly why Microsoft and Sony have not implemented Discord Voip on their platforms yet. Not saying I agree with it. I wish they had it too.

Jesus man, calm down, you're gonna hurt yourself.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I dont know wtf is discord, and I'm afraid to ask.
well since you asked...duscord is a social platform that allow people to set up their own servers and control them. You can make voice chat channels or text channels with a buttload of customization. PC Players generally use it to voice chat while playing games. Streamers and Youtubers use it to have a home for their respective communities. It's a really great service, you should try it....NOW.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why do I want that though? I don't care whether or not anyone knows what I'm playing. People I'm PSN friends with can already see this if they care.

I don't actually use Discord though, so I might not be the target audience for this.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

I cannot believe we waited for almost a year just to track stats and show a bunch of bullshit. I just knew this meant voice chat with Playstation Peasants! Damn you, Sony and Discord! Damn you to hell! 😆

vkbest

True, but MS concerned, they allowed this years ago and then they never touch anything further. Well they allow you to name yourself in Discord style nickname, but I find those horrible. I wish there would be more integration, like calling. That would be good. Like Skype, but on Discord when you playing some game. Maybe PS will have it, would be sweet

This is PSN linking on your discord account. The full integrations will be on a future firmware

Top Bottom