• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Played Battlefield 5 freely via PSN plus it's devastating see Dice completely unable to send a fun solo mode

Shmunter

A waste of resources.
A good single player battlefield wont sell well or keep numbers or drive profits.
See Battlefield Hardline, say what you will about the limited MP (which had a great Rush mode btw) but the single player campaign of Hardline was legit good but so few people even bothered to give it a chance.

You saay Single player has a huge fan base......achievements/trophies say otherwise.
BF3, BF4 had decent campaigns but versus the number of people who actually buy Battlefield the number of people who went through them is limited.
I dont actually know anyone in the grand scheme who is buying Battlefield games for the single player.

Unless they get another studio thats solid at making single player experiences to focus on the SinglePlayer then DICE and DICE LA work fully on MP id rather they just scrap the SinglePlayer all together.
Taking talent away from DICE and DICE LA to work on SP seems like a waste.

But maybe your wish will be fullfilled as Vince might be helping with campaign at DICE LA.
Single player in a general sense. No fans of BF campaign because of the poor execution..

They may as well go f2p at this point.

Gtafans93

Dice needs to bring back bots for offline big battles. Worked extremely well for Battlefront 2 and honestly if the SP is subpar at least we can play all weapons and vehicles on all maps offline.

Banned
Dice made exactly 2 good single player games, and these are Mirror's Edge and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. any other sorry excuse for a single player mode was trash.

people will say OH BUT BAD COMPANY!!! but even that... meh

Last edited:

BigBooper

Battlefield has never had a good single player campaign except the Bad Company games were ok. Don't know why you'd think it would.

kyliethicc

Battlefield sucks ass. Last good one was Bad Company 2.

TRXhiYu.jpg

Last edited:
can't speak on single player. because it wouldn't even cross my mind to play BF single player.

but DICE def forgot how to make online shooters that are fun after BF4

Battlefield 1 and 5 have really lazy single-player modes. I'm not saying 3 and 4's were great. Even as someone who likes the dollar coaster sp that is CoD's, BF was a bit lacking. But the answer was to not give up. I'd take them over whatever the hell 1 and 5 do.

But then again 5 is just a bad game in general.

Jokerevo

Banned
After Battlefield 1 I really don't understand what's up to Dice. It's practically from Battlefield 4 can't deliver a decent sp campaign. Finished Battlefield 1 but the 5 seems to have the same issue. Splitted scenario and characters, but more frustrating seems a big puzzle bad assembled, mainly I don't understand why the missions are segmented in such structure, place the bomb going there and so on. Seems they took the multiplayer elements and put a story behind, nothing more. A new issue in the graphic, on Pro the bounces lights now are very jaggies, I can't stop to fix them how annoying they are. But anyway I haven't great faith for the next one. I know it's quite bizzarre complaint about the sp mode in a FPS but bizzarly I love to play solo campaign in such games 🤷‍♂️
People actually play the SP campaigns?!?

Bad Company 2 had a fun campaign, the MP was awesome too but they don't want to be that kind of fun. The amount of destruction was great, PC players put it down because they say it was BF dumbed down for consoles but it was by far the most fun I've ever had with BF single player or MP.

When the Theme For Kjell kicked in during the BF4 campaign, that was so epic. Amazing OST.

Remember those coop missions from BF3? I loved those. The helicopter mission was a nightmare though.

ZywyPL

Banned
BC1&2 were the only SP campaigns that were really, really good and fun, DICE was able to create a cast of characters you could sympathize with, and for whatever the reason they were never been able to recreate that in further installments, great graphics and nice set pieces alone are simply not enough to create a great SP experience, there has to be an interesting story and characters behind it.

Top Bottom