• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames on Amaterasu in Smash, Possibility of a Star Fox Zero Switch Port, & More

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We're joined Hideki Kamiya and Atsushi Inaba to discuss the release of The Wonderful 101 Remastered & PlatinumGames at large! Find out how Bayonetta 3 is coming along, what's going on with a Star Fox Zero port, and who they both want in Smash!

Saber

Gold Member
Lmao, why would someone waste time porting Zero? Its one of their worst games period.

They would do better either doing another remake of the first Star Fox 64 or trying porting Star Fox Assault.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Star Fox Zero was a beautiful looking game with some neat ideas for replayability. The controls were an absolute mess. A buddy of mine told me that the controls were ingenious because you had to master them to beat the game the first time. After that, it would just click. I never got that far.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Lmao, why would someone waste time porting Zero? Its one if their worst games period.

They would do better either doing another remake of the first Star Fox 64 or trying porting Star Fox Assault.

Didn't Namco make Assault? Porting that to Switch would have nothing to do with Platinum, whereas here they're talking about giving their own game another shot, certainly understandable.

Saber

Gold Member
Didn't Namco make Assault? Porting that to Switch would have nothing to do with Platinum, whereas here they're talking about giving their own game another shot, certainly understandable.

The point still stands. Zero is not a good game by any standarts, would be a waste of time and effort to port such game for barely any profit. This is far from "understandable".

Also my comment has nothing to do wirh Platinum, but Star Fox games in general. Give the current place where Star Fox series stands, they need to rebuild the franchise with little steps.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The point still stands. Zero is not a good game by any standarts, would be a waste of time and effort to port such game for barely any profit. This is far from "understandable".

Also my comment has nothing to do wirh Platinum, but Star Fox games in general. Give the current place where Star Fox series stands, they need to rebuild the franchise with little steps.

So you don't understand why Platinum would be talking about their own game and not a 15 year old Namco title? That's weird.

I don't think Nintendo has to do anything with the franchise as it's not a big deal, but even if they did, you wouldn't go talk to Platinum about it.

Saber

Gold Member
So you don't understand why Platinum would be talking about their own game and not a 15 year old Namco title? That's weird.

At least try think for once. I don't care about Platinum, I'm talking about Star Fox. A Nintendo game.

Being their own game is meanless, it still a bad game regardless. Its like asking Bioware to remaster Sonic Chronicles just because its their game. You're beating a dead horse with Zero.

Last edited:
Sakurai is begging the Developers to not let Nintendo have ideas of a DLC Pack 3 right now. :LOL:

They should be telling us if Bayonetta 3 is coming out soon.

ExpandKong

Banned
At least try think for once. I don't care about Platinum, I'm talking about Star Fox. A Nintendo game.

Being their own game is meanless, it still a bad game regardless. Its like asking Bioware to remaster Sonic Chronicles just because its their game. You're beating a dead horse with Zero.

But Platinum is in the video in the OP talking about Platinum's games.

Saber

Gold Member
Actually it was your first time answering me.

My mistake them, your Halo meme avatar are almost the same.

To resume:
-Platinum would be wasting time and effort porting a bad game. Would be wiser to move out to a sequel, trying to at least release a better game this time

-Nintendo would do better trying to remaster a better Star Fox game or not doing one at all.

Rat Rage

The sheer passion and persistence of Platinium Games just warms my heart. Man, they are sooo cool. Probably Top 5 coolest developers out there, alongside WayForward, Shin'en, Nintendo EAD, Retro Studios.

Carna

Banned
Can Starfox just evolve past living off the 64 game's glory, make a direct sequel to assault, already.

carlosrox

Banned
People made a meme out of Star Fox Zero (fuck those people btw) so I really doubt a port's gonna happen.

I for one would love it, especially if the game were somehow reworked.

I'm down for Amaterasu in Smash too.

Uusis

Banned
PlatinumGames must be the most overrated developers ever. W101 was overhyped and "remake" was awful. Astral Chain is boring as fuck (only game that I ever regretted to buy on Switch). Bayonetta 3 is MIA and probably cancelled.

Top Bottom