• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Coaster |OT| The Tycoon King is Dead, Long Live the Coaster King!

So i just started recreating Super Nintendo World:
supernintendoworld.jpg
snw00012pkyf.png

Nice update list, but still nothing on customizing the wooden coaster's color?

Probably not as simple as it seems but i have no doubt they will add it in the future,

GeoGonzo

And the update is live, this is all the improvements they have added to the game (people afraid they would not continue to update after release can be a little relaxed now).
Just like with Elite we are seeing an entire section of the patch notes dedicated to audio. It seems Frontier (rightfully) takes it very seriously.

Just like with Elite we are seeing an entire section of the patch notes dedicated to audio. It seems Frontier (rightfully) takes it very seriously.

Mathew Florianz is an amazing guy. Planet Coaster has the best audio ive heard on any game, too bad is not going to be stated on reviews or awards.

GeoGonzo

Mathew Florianz is an amazing guy. Planet Coaster has the best audio ive heard on any game, too bad is not going to be stated on reviews or awards.
I actually read only one review and it did mention having great tunes. Also, just went to Mathew Florianz's twitter and he quoted a line from Gamestop's review about how audio is one of the game's highlights.

So at least some people do notice!

Getting there:
snw0002pzk36.png

I actually read only one review and it did mention having great tunes. Also, just went to Mathew Florianz's twitter and he quoted a line from Gamestop's review about how audio is one of the game's highlights.

So at least some people do notice!

Thats cool to know!

How O_O

I can't even finish the start of my park (making a train station I'm happy with).

That's insane!

Than you! :D

Comandr

Getting there:
snw0002pzk36.png

This is really impressive. I'm not even going to pretend to understand how you do some of this crap.

On another note, holy crap was the final holiday mission freaking annoying to complete. I LOATHE the new Aging system. Fortunately it appears to be limited to the campaign.

This is really impressive. I'm not even going to pretend to understand how you do some of this crap.

On another note, holy crap was the final holiday mission freaking annoying to complete. I LOATHE the new Aging system. Fortunately it appears to be limited to the campaign.

Hahaha, thank you. It was done with a lot of out of the box thinking.

Mik2121

That looks great, Ridley!
I went back to the game and I'm finishing most of the buildings for my Lake Town area of my park. I'm in normal mode with money expenses so it will take a while until I save money to build all the buildings, hahah... I got most done in sandbox though, so it's just placing blueprints only.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Woot, where is the image in the bottom left from?
Is this concept art for the amusement parks next year?

Yep, for the Japanese version of the park (rumors say the US's version will have some differences). But don't expect it by next year. Check out this thread. Here's the full image:

CzcMSKJUUAAkamM.jpg:large

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is the status of mods for things like mascots and animatronics? I've yet to see anything on the workshop and was wondering if its even possible

StayDead

SPR, any chance you'd be up for making those blueprints available for those walls on the workshop so I can delve in and look what you used to build them?

That looks great, Ridley!
I went back to the game and I'm finishing most of the buildings for my Lake Town area of my park. I'm in normal mode with money expenses so it will take a while until I save money to build all the buildings, hahah... I got most done in sandbox though, so it's just placing blueprints only.
Thank you Mik!
Hope to see your park soon.

Woot, where is the image in the bottom left from?
Is this concept art for the amusement parks next year?
Concept art from the real thing at Universal japan. Opening in 2019 before the olympics. Kirby fan has more info in his post.

What is the status of mods for things like mascots and animatronics? I've yet to see anything on the workshop and was wondering if its even possible
No mods right now.
We can create character statues with the artshapes (the bigger they are they easier, the diffiuvult thing is trying to make them guest size) but they have no animations nor textures (just the colours of the artshape you use). Is like uilding characters out of primitive forms.

SPR, any chance you'd be up for making those blueprints available for those walls on the workshop so I can delve in and look what you used to build them?

I really dont want to put them out until I finish the area, the workshop is getting pretty bad with stealing stuff and not giving any credit whatsoever.
Will try to put all those bluprints in the future.

Raven77

Does anyone think (or has anyone heard) that this will go on sale on Steam during the Steam Winter Sale? I just got my new computer but i'd hate to buy this right before it goes on sale.

Mik2121

What's the likelihood of being able to rescale the decorations and stuff down the line?

I would assume it'd become very costly. I don't know how they're doing the instancing in this game, as well as some other elements of the rendering and CPU pipelines, but having different scales on items could fuck that up and make things way more costly than they are. Also if the LODs are set to distance instead of screen percentage, that could make assets change into lower LODs while still being very big in screen (ie, if you scaled up the asset).

Again, don't know the specifics and maybe it's something totally different, but it might have to do with instancing and the reason why right now we can place so many of those assets without making the game's framerate go to shit.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Does anyone think (or has anyone heard) that this will go on sale on Steam during the Steam Winter Sale? I just got my new computer but i'd hate to buy this right before it goes on sale.
I'm holding off now too in hope that it goes on sale in two days.

Yoshi88

So i'm looking for a new PC to play this quite nicely. Seeing as this is one of those simulation-heavy PC games, that are not only GPU but quite CPU-hungry too (alá Cities Skylines or Anno 2205, which i'm also looking to play), do you guys think a combo of an i7 6700k (4,0 GHz with 4,2 Boost) and a GTX1080 or an OC i7 6700k with 4,8 GHz and a GTX 1070 is more suitable?

Just topped the mountain with bowser flag on the Super Nintendo World recreation.
snw00039fuih.png

Thowmps took a bunch of time lol
.ejwfwdsnwyamambdgacbhtu64.png

So i'm looking for a new PC to play this quite nicely. Seeing as this is one of those simulation-heavy PC games, that are not only GPU but quite CPU-hungry too (alá Cities Skylines or Anno 2205, which i'm also looking to play), do you guys think a combo of an i7 6700k (4,0 GHz with 4,2 Boost) and a GTX1080 or an OC i7 6700k with 4,8 GHz and a GTX 1070 is more suitable?

I think with anyone of those you are going to get good results. Im playing with a 970GTX and i7-4790K 4,0 GHz and for the big parks what i do is just play in 720p windowed.
By good results I mean a very playable game on normal parks because you are never going to get 60fps with large super detailed parks at 1080p no matter what PC you have right now, at least until some years pass.

Yoshi88

I think with anyone of those you are going to get good results. Im playing with a 970GTX and i7-4790K 4,0 GHz and for the big parks what i do is just play in 720p windowed.
By good results I mean a very playable game on normal parks because you are never going to get 60fps with large super detailed parks at 1080p no matter what PC you have right now, at least until some years pass.

Thanks for the insight. Think im going with the OC i7 and the 1070 then, since it's a tad less expensive.

Oh and btw. your creations are amazing, but i'm sure you know that by now :D You're one big reason, i'm soo looking forward to this game. It's like looking forward to "My Childhood - Remastered and Revised" :)

Biggad

Neo Member
Can someone help me out here? :(

I'm going to get myself a Surface Pro 4 tomorrow and my girlfriend reeeeally wants to play this game. I know that a Surface is an unsuitable device to run this game anyhow, but I heard some people are able to "kind of" run it on really low settings.

Now the question I have: I'm still not decided yet on which version of the SP4 I'm getting, does anyone here have experience with or know if getting an i7/8gb RAM instead of an i5/8gb RAM makes a difference here? I'd gladly pay a bit more if it meant a noticably more enjoyable experience for my girlfriend with this game that she's so obsessed with.

Would really appreciate any help

jax

Banned

I'm going to get myself a Surface Pro 4 tomorrow and my girlfriend reeeeally wants to play this game. I know that a Surface is an unsuitable device to run this game anyhow, but I heard some people are able to "kind of" run it on really low settings.

Now the question I have: I'm still not decided yet on which version of the SP4 I'm getting, does anyone here have experience with or know if getting an i7/8gb RAM instead of an i5/8gb RAM makes a difference here? I'd gladly pay a bit more if it meant a noticably more enjoyable experience for my girlfriend with this game that she's so obsessed with.

The i7 would make a noticeable difference. In my experience with the Surface products it's always best to max out the CPU, since that's the GPU as well. Might be make or break playable with an i7, you just never know.

Biggad

Neo Member
The i7 would make a noticeable difference. In my experience with the Surface products it's always best to max out the CPU, since that's the GPU as well. Might be make or break playable with an i7, you just never know.

Thanks for answering man.

But isn't the main reason for the performance issues the bad graphics chip in the Surface (that is only very slightly better in the i7?)? I'm quite clueless when it comes to the tech stuff.

Pikelet

You'd have to confirm with someone who actually owns one of those Surfaces, buuuut

I have a desktop pc with an overclocked i5 and a geforce 970 and the game chugs even on low/medium settings when there is a decently large park with lots of rides.

The game just seems to be a resource hog.

Honestly i wouldn't expect either of those machines would give you a desirable play experience with this game unfortunately.

Biggad

Neo Member
You'd have to confirm with someone who actually owns one of those Surfaces, buuuut

I have a desktop pc with an overclocked i5 and a geforce 970 and the game chugs even on low/medium settings when there is a decently large park with lots of rides.

The game just seems to be a resource hog.

Honestly i wouldn't expect either of those machines would give you a desirable play experience with this game unfortunately.

There's a chance she's so desperate that she won't care as much about stuttering etc. ... at least for a week or something.

But yeah, still holding out for an SP4 owner (who tried planet coaster on it) to confirm or deny. Thanks for answering!

StayDead

Just topped the mountain with bowser flag on the Super Nintendo World recreation.
snw00039fuih.png

Thowmps took a bunch of time lol
.ejwfwdsnwyamambdgacbhtu64.png

I genuinely have no idea how you are doing this haha. It's like magic o_o

The price difference between i5 and i7 seems to be €400. You can probably buy a stationary pc that will perform significantly better for that difference. I don't know the answer to your question though.

Biggad

Neo Member
The price difference between i5 and i7 seems to be €400. You can probably buy a stationary pc that will perform significantly better for that difference. I don't know the answer to your question though.

I get 30% off of it, which makes it "just" 200€. But yeah, I get your point.

And BTW, changing graphic options usually does nothing for the FPS, or very little.

I recommend everyone to play 720p windowed, not only the game runs much better when you start to get bigger parks, but is pretty nice when your are building things to look at examples on the internet, or have a video up while building.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Almost certain that my laptop wont be able to run this but I've bought it anyway
looks amazing

Almost certain that my laptop wont be able to run this but I've bought it anyway
looks amazing

Hope you get a new PC soon then :p
Im glad I bought a new good one for the witcher 3 when it was released, now it works really good with this type of games (dat i7) :D
If your laptop screen is 1080 just try to play 720p. Maybe you can chug along, trying to go lower graphics setting doesnt seem to work for this game, but playing at a smaller resolution does.

And BTW, changing graphic options usually does nothing for the FPS, or very little.

I recommend everyone to play 720p windowed, not only the game runs much better when you start to get bigger parks, but is pretty nice when your are building things to look at examples on the internet, or have a video up while building.

That's why you get multiple monitors ;)

Sullichin

Enjoying this but i'm a little overwhelmed. Every time something is different than RCT I don't know what's going on

The default prices seem expensive, how much should I be charging for coasters?
Why is it so hard just to make a damn drink stand that doesn't have a bunch of scenery attached to it

The default prices seem expensive, how much should I be charging for coasters?
I generally start in the 8-14 range depending on the coasters ratings/popularity. And then raise or lower til I find the highest price that still fills the queue.

Why is it so hard just to make a damn drink stand that doesn't have a bunch of scenery attached to it
Click 'custom' instead of the default 'blueprints' tab when you click on shops, it has them all available without any scenery at all.

Top Bottom