• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Coaster |OT| The Tycoon King is Dead, Long Live the Coaster King!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Jusr finished my tour video around the park
https://youtu.be/x2j0QfmS4Qg

Also made a map:
parkmap67u43.png

Beyond amazing. How many hours have you put in this park? I can imagine it took ages to build something incredible as that.

I was actually planning on showing screenshots of my park here, but when I see the things that are posted here I feel quite bad. Maybe I shouldn't show it. I made a giant waterfall, but yeah that has probably been already done a thousand times. I am proud of what I made after almost 10 hours but I am such an amateur in comparison with you guys. :p

Gah I am so pumped to get this game when I come into some money. I've had this idea I'm quite fond of for a Back To The Future Park with the main hub being 1985 Hill Valley, and then three separate areas you get to via some Monorail with a flux capacitor:

- 1885 Hill Valley (Western Theme)
- 1955 Hill Valley (No idea)
- 2015 Hill Valley (Future Theme)

Oddly enough just noticed this on the workshop

7B526DA65D5680980CC3885BF037F42B5D4D913D

Tash

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take :D

Question when it comes to placing Scenery.

I very much enjoy the freedom to place Scenery any which way you want to, but I also enjoy that Building parts and Paths can be set to also work on a more grid-based system, with pieces snapping in to place. I can't seem to do that with Scenery, and I'd very much like to be able to. Like, when I build a Building, it's all well and good, but then when it comes to putting windows on my building, I'd like to have them centered and hanging at the same height, and currently I feel like I just have to eyeball it. Or, when I'm placing some piece of scenery and I'd like to tile an area with it and have each piece of Scenery be placed next to each other with no gap in between, it's just a matter of zooming in as far as I can and making micro-mouse movements to try and get it close. Is there any way to make Scenery snap in place in a similar way to how Buildings and Path can?

ctrl+x advance duplicates an item so you can just move it to the right or left on the same height easily. Additionally to the F command that was mentioned. If you have an item selected and press x then choose another item to add it will also place it centered ON that item (that works with scenery and every prop available). In general ctrl+x and X are my best friends :D
There is however no grid system if that is what you meant.

Beyond amazing. How many hours have you put in this park? I can imagine it took ages to build something incredible as that.

I was actually planning on showing screenshots of my park here, but when I see the things that are posted here I feel quite bad. Maybe I shouldn't show it. I made a giant waterfall, but yeah that has probably been already done a thousand times. I am proud of what I made after almost 10 hours but I am such an amateur in comparison with you guys. :p

The struggle of every creative person (I know, I am a digital artist and feel like that around some of my rl friends who I feel are much better than I am and I get super self concious..). You should never be afraid or feel bad about showing creativity. Even though it's hard to comment on everything, I personally love to see everything other people do. Don't judge yourself against others. Instead, take it as inspiration (that is what I try to do) :)

Also remember, that some of us have been playing this since Alpha and do know more about props, how to use the tools etc than the rest of us.

Oh btw, SPR, I took some screens of Foxy last night, because I loved how she interacted with the guests but forgot to copy it from home. Will post them later :D

Tash

Yeah but then it mean changing the entire thing if I want everything to have the same texture no ? I mean I see some alternatives with numerous planks etc which would make a 2 minutes work, a 2 hours one.

It seems like such a strange choice not also put as non-grid objects all the object in the grid mode. I mean I get why there is a grid mode, it's easier to use for simple things, and maybe even take less computing power... but the is a so much stronger system already in the game, just allow it as an option already ( or people to mod them in ).

You can unlock specific items from a custom building or grid (it's the door with arrow icon when you highlight something that is linked in a grid/building prop). After that you can freely rotate and move it to your liking. Not sure if that helps or if you knew about that already :)

elyetis

You can unlock specific items from a custom building or grid (it's the door with arrow icon when you highlight something that is linked in a grid/building prop). After that you can freely rotate and move it to your liking. Not sure if that helps or if you knew about that already :)
You mean "Split From Building" ? I actually didn't know about that shortcut to do it, but alas wall roof etc.. can still only be rotated on a single axis, compared to the other object 3 axis. :'(

StayDead

What's the best type of walls/other props to build the sort of disney esque buildings that you could build in RCT3 with Shyguy's main street sets? I realised yesterday that with the smooth concrete columns and walls that a) the columns didn't change colour and b) the walls looked a bit odd.

Thank you, took me around 100 hours (and that was only fixing/improving the park from alpha 1).
And please, show it, dont be scared, im sure it looks good if you are proud of it, and we can always help you get even better!

Wow, that looks incredible, it even has the cables hahahaha.
I found about the cables yesterday and its one of my favourite scenery elements right now.

What's the best type of walls/other props to build the sort of disney esque buildings that you could build in RCT3 with Shyguy's main street sets? I realised yesterday that with the smooth concrete columns and walls that a) the columns didn't change colour and b) the walls looked a bit odd.

Fantasy + western (the americana type of walls). Also stucco from the pirate themenearly works on everything.

Tash

You mean "Split From Building" ? I actually didn't know about that shortcut to do it, but alas wall roof etc.. can still only be rotated on a single axis, compared to the other object 3 axis. :'(

Ah damn - yeah that's true :/
The thing I find really annoying while using one of the straight roof tiles for custom paths. Can't do any elevation with that either.

StayDead

Thank you, took me around 100 hours (and that was only fixing/improving the park from alpha 1).
And please, show it, dont be scared, im sure it looks good if you are proud of it, and we can always help you get even better!

Wow, that looks incredible, it even has the cables hahahaha.
I found about the cables yesterday and its one of my favourite scenery elements right now.

Fantasy + western (the americana type of walls). Also stucco from the pirate themenearly works on everything.
Do you have to unlock these? I can't see them anywhere.

StayDead

Made the first video of my art series with a bob ross painting:
https://youtu.be/Y9eLcszzoZI

Unlock? Are you in the campaing? or challenge mode?

If in sandbox all are unlocked, and they are with the rest of the walls.

I'm in Sandbox, but I can't seem to see any western walls when I filter which is odd and when I look through the list I can't see anything that looks similar to what I've seen in screens. Sorry to be a pain, but have you got the names of the wall in game? For example I went over to a scenario and in the blueprints I saw a western building with the right walls, but I can't see them on sandbox.

I'm in Sandbox, but I can't seem to see any western walls when I filter which is odd and when I look through the list I can't see anything that looks similar to what I've seen in screens. Sorry to be a pain, but have you got the names of the wall in game? For example I went over to a scenario and in the blueprints I saw a western building with the right walls, but I can't see them on sandbox.

I usually dont like to use the filters, just go into walls sections only, and then look for something that works for you. Theres a lot of wooden ones that are western western, and then the stucco ones come handy forn nearly everything (write stucco in the search bar when you are looking in the walls section).
I dont know the names of the western stuff so I cant really help there, but looking one by one under the walls sections helps a lot finding what you want, and there arent that much pieces fo it to take tool long.

Stalwart

May as well take the review section out of the OT if there's only going to be one thing linked in it. The game has an 84 MC/OC score and is almost "Overwhelmingly Positive" on Steam with over 6k reviews though so not sure why that wouldn't be noted.

StayDead

I usually dont like to use the filters, just go into walls sections only, and then look for something that works for you. Theres a lot of wooden ones that are western western, and then the stucco ones come handy forn nearly everything (write stucco in the search bar when you are looking in the walls section).
I dont know the names of the western stuff so I cant really help there, but looking one by one under the walls sections helps a lot finding what you want, and there arent that much pieces fo it to take tool long.

Thanks for the help! I found them, it's the stucco walls as you said. The wood I'll figure out.

There's only one other thing that I can't work out now and that's what these are:

Far left and far right of the screen underneath the little railings They have a pattern on them, but I've checked every wall, window and roof option and I'm certain I can't find them. Am I just being stupid?

Kabouter

Thanks for the help! I found them, it's the stucco walls as you said. The wood I'll figure out.

There's only one other thing that I can't work out now and that's what these are:

Far left and far right of the screen underneath the little railings They have a pattern on them, but I've checked every wall, window and roof option and I'm certain I can't find them. Am I just being stupid?

Can't identify off-hand, but likely objects placed over that part of the wall.

StayDead

Can't identify off-hand, but likely objects placed over that part of the wall.

I thought that as well, but I've seen at least 3 different people on reddit using the same thing so I thought it was more likely an actual piece of scenery somewhere. Maybe it's a blueprint somewhere on the steam workshop.

Tash

The search/filter is really bad btw. It doesn't find specific items even if you enter "wood" which they have in their name. Additionally it doesn't wildcard search. You need the exact word. I gave up searching or using the filters.

With that said, I wish you could make your own favorites and put them in a separate "most used" folder. Or even better, if the game automatically has a "most used" tab.

Tash

I thought that as well, but I've seen at least 3 different people on reddit using the same thing so I thought it was more likely an actual piece of scenery somewhere. Maybe it's a blueprint somewhere on the steam workshop.

That actually almost looks like someone used the asian looking custom building lamps on a default wall tile and put them in the back, while only having the attachment peak out eeeeeeeeever so slightly. I can't think of anything else that would create such round-ish patterns.

StayDead

That actually almost looks like someone used the asian looking custom building lamps on a default wall tile and put them in the back, while only having the attachment peak out eeeeeeeeever so slightly. I can't think of anything else that would create such round-ish patterns.

I'll try that when I get home and thanks for the heads up on the search.

The interesting "issue" I think I've found, is if you use the Stucco wall extenders you can't seem to put any other walls on top which seems a bit counter intuitive, is it just because I need to make it a separate building?

The search/filter is really bad btw. It doesn't find specific items even if you enter "wood" which they have in their name. Additionally it doesn't wildcard search. You need the exact word. I gave up searching or using the filters.

With that said, I wish you could make your own favorites and put them in a separate "most used" folder. Or even better, if the game automatically has a "most used" tab.
I really dont have any problem with the search. When you start knowing the materials you can use it with a lot of ease. For example only writting "stuc" finds everything with the word stucco so i dont understand why you are saying you need to write exact words, because thats really not the case for me.
Now, the filter is horrible and nobody should ise it, that thing works really badly.

I'll try that when I get home and thanks for the heads up on the search.

The interesting "issue" I think I've found, is if you use the Stucco wall extenders you can't seem to put any other walls on top which seems a bit counter intuitive, is it just because I need to make it a separate building?
I dont completly understand what you are trying to say here, but if it mean putting walls of other materials in top of it (4m stucco wall, then 4m wood wall for example) you can do it.

Ok subbed :)
Thank you :D
Today i will upload the one with la gioconda.

Tash

I really dont have any problem with the search. When you start knowing the materials you can use it with a lot of ease. For example only writting "stuc" finds everything with the word stucco so i dont understand why you are saying you need to write exact words, because thats really not the case for me.
Now, the filter is horrible and nobody should ise it, that thing works really badly.

But that's what I am saying - ie if I enter "wood" it doesn't show my anything with wood in it - like wooden for example. I know because I was looking for a specific items and it didn't show up in the search.

StayDead

I dont completly understand what you are trying to say here, but if it mean putting walls of other materials in top of it (4m stucco wall, then 4m wood wall for example) you can do it.

There's a specific type of stucco wall which makes it possible for you to add like a wall further up which is off center to where it's placed, so imagine on a grid it's half way forward and it has a nice trim underneath. I think it's called Stucco wall extender.

I've noticed though in the building grid you can't then put any walls on top of that as it is off center, not even the parapet parts that are meant to go on top of it.

Do I need to build as if it's a new building to go off the grid I'm already working on?

But that's what I am saying - ie if I enter "wood" it doesn't show my anything with wood in it - like wooden for example. I know because I was looking for a specific items and it didn't show up in the search.
Then you mean something is made out of wood but doesnt have the word wood on it? Then is probably better to know its name instead of material. Never had a problem because most of the objects have the material in the name. And if you mean that if you look for wood in the search bar something that says wooden in its name doesnt appear, a strange thing seems to be happening because I can write wood and pieces with also the word wooden appear.

There's a specific type of stucco wall which makes it possible for you to add like a wall further up which is off center to where it's placed, so imagine on a grid it's half way forward and it has a nice trim underneath. I think it's called Stucco wall extender.

I've noticed though in the building grid you can't then put any walls on top of that as it is off center, not even the parapet parts that are meant to go on top of it.

Do I need to build as if it's a new building to go off the grid I'm already working on?

No, theres a grid size menu under one of the 3 menus when you are building. One of the bars lets you choose 2m grid or 4m grids, and the other lets you go super indepth with height from 10cm to 4m. Thats the bar you want to use. If you mean its offset of the line in the grid to a normal wall then yes, you will probably want to make a new grid for it.
I could help you better if you posted the porblem you have as a screen.

That's odd because I use that all the time and it works for me. Typing in "wood" brings up all the wooden walls, "natural wood", "Modern wood" etc. Plus all the wooden columns and planks, the wooden floor/roof/balcony pieces. It's my most common way of limiting the results to the useful ones at the time.

MhkBkXQ.jpg

That's odd because I use that all the time and it works for me. Typing in "wood" brings up all the wooden walls, "natural wood", "Modern wood" etc. Plus all the wooden columns and planks, the wooden floor/roof/balcony pieces. It's my most common way of limiting the results to the useful ones at the time.

MhkBkXQ.jpg

Yup, thats actually how it works for me. I was starting to think i was crazy or I had a functioning search because Tash is not the only person I saw mentioning you need to search fro the full word for it to appear.

StayDead

I found the piece I was looking for! It's called Stucco Wall Trim - Decorated and it's under the Wall Decorations area (which I thought was just Windows/Doors)
There's a lot here that I can use that I never found before!

With stuff like windows, try holding f (default key) to centre it on the wall/roof tile you're currently hovering over.

Also incredible looking stuff Tash.

The Advanced Move & Duplicate (ctrl+X) tool will duplicate the item, such as a window, and the duplicate will be in the exact same position as the original. You can then drag it along the horizontal axis with the advanced movement tool keeping it at the exact same height. You can also select multiple items and do the same thing by holding ctrl and clicking them all. That way you can, for example, select all of your first story windows, use advanced move & duplicate which will create an identical copy of them all, and drag them vertically so you have second story windows perfectly aligned with the ground floor ones. Also useful for making big floors with sunken wooden pieces, for example... or anything really that requires big duplicate but precise patterns.

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take :D

ctrl+x advance duplicates an item so you can just move it to the right or left on the same height easily. Additionally to the F command that was mentioned. If you have an item selected and press x then choose another item to add it will also place it centered ON that item (that works with scenery and every prop available). In general ctrl+x and X are my best friends :D
There is however no grid system if that is what you meant.

The struggle of every creative person (I know, I am a digital artist and feel like that around some of my rl friends who I feel are much better than I am and I get super self concious..). You should never be afraid or feel bad about showing creativity. Even though it's hard to comment on everything, I personally love to see everything other people do. Don't judge yourself against others. Instead, take it as inspiration (that is what I try to do) :)

Also remember, that some of us have been playing this since Alpha and do know more about props, how to use the tools etc than the rest of us.

Oh btw, SPR, I took some screens of Foxy last night, because I loved how she interacted with the guests but forgot to copy it from home. Will post them later :D

Thanks for all the help! I think those commands will do! :)

Boba2007

I've been taking a break from my park and just got into creating some objects. Decided to make some Super Mario Bros 3. Scenery and here's what I've made:

Steam Workshop link

It's really fun, but also really hard. I've been trying to make them to-scale with the guests and so far it's actually been more successful than I expected. The ? block took a lot of work and trickery to get right, actually took me a couple hours alone. This would be a lot easier if the game had smaller shapes :p

I also have a Mario 1 pipe and hills if you want to look for them on the workshop. I'll do more of those after Mario 3.

I've been taking a break from my park and just got into creating some objects. Decided to make some Super Mario Bros 3. Scenery and here's what I have so far:

Steam Workshop link

It's really fun, but also really hard. I've been trying to make them to-scale with the guests and so far it's actually been successful. The ? block took a lot of work and trickery to get right, actually took me a couple hours alone. This would be a lot easier if the game had smaller shapes :p

This is just the start though, I plan on adding a bunch more. I also have a Mario 1 pipe and hills if you want to look for them on the workshop. I'll do more of those after Mario 3.

this looks amazing. It seems I will need to satrt making my nintendo park soon lol
How did you do the question blocks at the end? the question seems smaller than the blocks. Did you do the sink semicircle line trick there?

And yes, the game needs a smaller version of every shape for them to be perfect

Man, the last challenge in the last challenge level is impossible. I have been trying again and again and again and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

You need to make a coaster that has a 100m drop, and average speed of at least 35 mph, an excitement rating higher than 8, and a fear rating lower than 5. I'm about ready to quit, because I've built like 20 rollercoasters and I can't even get close. Every time I do something that I think might get me closer, it just becomes too scary, or too boring. Has anyone done this one and have any tips? I'm wondering if a prebuilt coaster would count, in which case I should just check the Steam workshop.

edit: So, I cheated. Pre-built coasters from blueprints count for the goal, so I just found one on the workshop and used that. Oh well! Gold stars!

satriales

Making progress with my 'Scorpion' coaster. I'm happy with the scorpion itself but still unsure on the surrounding theming. Was going with jungle ruins as a weird contrast to the mechanical looking creature but I don't know if it feels right.

scorpion002ofp9t.png

scorpion003wfpl9.png

Tash

Making progress with my 'Scorpion' coaster. I'm happy with the scorpion itself but still unsure on the surrounding theming. Was going with jungle ruins as a weird contrast to the mechanical looking creature but I don't know if it feels right.

scorpion002ofp9t.png

scorpion003wfpl9.png

That looks stingy! (Pun intended)

Been working on three new areas (one woody, one american and one water ring thingie). Does anyone else have issues with jumping around all the time? I can't finish an area properly. I get sidetracked and all of a sudden work on something else because I get an idea for a specific area. Been exceptionally proud that I was able to "sync up the Coasters". So if you are on the Woody you actually pass under the Green Inferno as they cruise by upside-down :D

Been doing entrance buildings for both the woody and the "Green Inferno" which is possibly my fav of the custom coasters I made. It has a Southern American Theme going on (or at least I try) Going through dense Jungle Areas, Temples and underneath Waterfalls:

ZS1v7as.png

MC38qNw.png

wwZvCp5.png

Fantastical

Death Prophet
My sister LOVES RCT1 and 2, but she doesn't love the ride creation aspect - more the management part.

Is this worth a gift to her? I hear the management is weaker than RCT... if you're going in just wanting that are you going to have fun?

Kabouter

My sister LOVES RCT1 and 2, but she doesn't love the ride creation aspect - more the management part.

Is this worth a gift to her? I hear the management is weaker than RCT... if you're going in just wanting that are you going to have fun?

I would say probably not right now, no. The management aspect just doesn't provide enough meat to make it a worthwhile experience on its own. It's not that it offers less than RCT1/2 did necessarily, but it also does little more.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I would say probably not right now, no. The management aspect just doesn't provide enough meat to make it a worthwhile experience on its own. It's not that it offers less than RCT1/2 did necessarily, but it also does little more.

Okay thanks for the reply! Bummer as I really like the management aspect.

Had the ful this lst 2 days and was in bed. Thankfully i can get back to business again!

That looks stingy! (Pun intended)

Been working on three new areas (one woody, one american and one water ring thingie). Does anyone else have issues with jumping around all the time? I can't finish an area properly. I get sidetracked and all of a sudden work on something else because I get an idea for a specific area. Been exceptionally proud that I was able to "sync up the Coasters". So if you are on the Woody you actually pass under the Green Inferno as they cruise by upside-down :D

Been doing entrance buildings for both the woody and the "Green Inferno" which is possibly my fav of the custom coasters I made. It has a Southern American Theme going on (or at least I try) Going through dense Jungle Areas, Temples and underneath Waterfalls:

ZS1v7as.png

MC38qNw.png

wwZvCp5.png

This is BEAUTIFUL! and yes, it looks like southern american theming.

Finished the water ride I've been working on, The Cavern. It's a massive 4,036-foot long attraction that begins in a cave, then surfaces to run between two mountains before a splash down underneath a pedestrian walkway.

Entryway

LhG8a3J.jpg

Riders board the logs inside the cavern.

r86qRmZ.jpg

A view of the bridge that spans the two mountains.

mveGoZp.jpg

ihYd78y.jpg

Surface shot of the ride.

Q3puloq.jpg

The splashdown.

wJQlcKB.jpg

T3pBQ7n.jpg

A gun battle on the mountain.

gdsecT6.jpg

A terrifying surprise waits inside the mountain.

5PVwETw.jpg

An overview of the entire park so far from the top of the larger mountain.

tIrx1Tf.jpg

Uploaded a ride video. Still a few spots to fix up, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Came across a bit of a fickle situation the other day; whenever I build a ride, and for whatever reason I want to move either the entrance or the exit, I can't. I can't even put it in it's original location. I have to demolish the ride, and build it all over again. Has anyone run into this as well?

Anyone know any good tricks for making Log Flumes more exciting? There's very few track pieces, and the excitement seems to drop off pretty hard any time the ride is going up, or staying flat.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Anyone know any good tricks for making Log Flumes more exciting? There's very few track pieces, and the excitement seems to drop off pretty hard any time the ride is going up, or staying flat.

Scenery along the track seems to get that excitement up a bit, but not much.

They jist tweaked the tracks of the log flume and rapids so we can do more things with them like better slopes, maybe that helps.
Even then log flumes have a different excitement factor than coasters so you will get long queues even if the excitememt isnt too high.

They jist tweaked the tracks of the log flume and rapids so we can do more things with them like better slopes, maybe that helps.
Even then log flumes have a different excitement factor than coasters so you will get long queues even if the excitememt isnt too high.

Yeah, probably the most popular ride at my park is a river rapids ride. Even with well over a dozen ride vehicles, the very long queue is always full.

And the update is live, this is all the improvements they have added to the game (people afraid they would not continue to update after release can be a little relaxed now).
New Management Features
Ride prestige rating visible for rides and coasters on their information panel
Prestige reflects the overall appeal and value of a ride to guests

Reputation status visible for rides and coasters.
As rides get older, their reputation can diminish and affect their prestige rating

Ride reputation decay added to medium, hard and harder challenge mode maps, as well as new career mode levels in Festive King Coaster's Crackers
Added guest thoughts for ride reputation decay
Added notifications for ride reputation decay
Date opened field in the ride information panel displays Ride Reputation on scenario or challenge parks that support ride reputation decay
Reputation is in 1 of 5 states: 'new', 'deteriorating', 'old', 'reviving' and 'classic'. The state is determined by the time since the ride was first opened.
Park Management
Staff Lists - Added an "All staff" view
Staff Lists - Added ability to change salary, increase training level, assign roster, view workload and fire
Attraction Lists - Add the ability to change ticket price, and change the ride status (open, close, testing)
Shop/Facility Lists - Add a column which shows whether or not the shop is synced, and add the ability to change the shop status (open, close)

Sensibly colour the Open/Test/Close and profit/loss columns, making it easier to see what is happening at a glance.
Add workload indicator to staff information panel

New rides/coasters
Rides
Collider – Retro, SciFi ride that has 20 swinging gondolas on what is essentially a horizontal Ferris wheel that rises to an angle of 87 degrees.
Bumpin Derby - Traditional bumper car ride

Track Ride
Sleigh Ride - Winter themed track ride

Transport Ride
Iron Horse - New Steam Locomotive

New scenarios
Add 3 new scenarios to the game under "Festive King Coaster's Crackers"
Festive Funland - Set in our festive-themed park, spruce up your winter wonderland with seasonal scenery and draw in the merry crowds!
Cavenerous Coasters - Set in a dark grotto and with no terrain sculpting and a loan to start you off, bring success to your park
Back from the Brink - This abandoned parked is in a real mess; negative cash, huge loans and a ludicrous layout. Turn it around!

New location
Arctic now available in Sandbox and Challenge mode

New scenery
New Festive theme
Gingerbread wallset
Icing decorations
140 new scenery pieces
Christmas Trees
Baubles
Candies and Sweets
Snowmen
Gifts and Presents

7 x new shops and signs
Gulpee Soda
Pipshot Juice
Pipshot Smoothie
Pipshot Water
Pizza Pen
Cosmic Cow Icecream
Missy Good Dougnuts

Camera
Fix for 'Dynamic' Camera losing the coaster track and widgets when banking underground
Ride Camera UI now remembers the settings you last used
Make the camera slightly better on the terrain skirt
Hide guest beards when in Ride Camera
Improved "Kick Flip - Default Camera 2nd Ride Cam" to be more cinematic
Stop you being able to tunnel underneath the terrain

Coasters
Added 11 new coaster blueprints
Screamer - The American Arrow
Lycanthrope - Werewolf
The Hunt - Pioneer
Frenzy - Rage
Trail Blazer - Aethon
Impulse - Invincible
Red Steel - Iron Fury
Harbinger - Malice Unchained
Rebel - Mine Train
Whirlwind - Spiral
Twister - Enigma

Duck moments no longer add to nausea
Rolling rapids additional cars disappear if the first one falls off the track
Don't explode trains that are stopping at station.
Angle indicator added to the slope and curve track construction widget
Length indicator added to the track construction widget
Improvements to supports by adding dog-legs and sloping supports
Supports not previewing when moving an elevated ride over its prior position
Pioneer car's rear wheels now align to the track
Improvements to the Invincible support set
Fix high-speed coasters creating gaps in their heatmaps
Fix Invincible coaster cable lift holding trains at set speeds even downhill
Coaster train resets if it stalls near or at the station after a reverse launch.
Use a scrolling UV on the chain lift to match the speed of change
Dive Drop Holding Section does not seem to generate very high levels of fear during the pause
Fixed a LOD pop on the Magic Katz wheels
Changed wording for G force labels in testing tab to suggest acceleration instead of force
Wooden Coaster now has a Auto tunnel size slider
'Launched - Hydraulic' coaster - Added ability to tunnel both spline 2 and the reverse launch.
Added stairs to catwalks
Improvements to the Hyper coaster when longer than 30m
Fixed heat map problem with multiple trains. Trains now only start testing when they leave the station. Second and subsequent trains were starting prematurely which added incorrect values in the heat map
Fixed issue where multiple train flying coaster trains default to the down position when loading a park
Fixed Lift hill EFN boosts being applied across a whole coaster/ log flume, not per lift hill.
Flourishes play less often for guests who were only just excited, playing more often when guest gets more excited
Fixed for issue where coaster track supports will appear and go through the station when placing the Entrance and Exit
Lift hills now less nauseating
Added a drop shadow to the heat map labels to make it more visible against a white background
Fix issue where changing number of cars/trains on a coaster causes station and adjoining track to be unhighlighted.
Increased maximum downward slope value for the 'Invincible' coaster cable lift to -80°
Reduced the size of the Magic Katz head so the forward facing ride cam is no longer obscured
Decrease max fear boost for ducks to 2.
Flat ride Insanity art improvements, added a ladder. Better harnesses, and slight textural tweaks.
Increased default station length of 'powered track rides' from 12m to 16m to make placement of exit and entrance gates easier
Rolling River and Choppers Creak have increased max slope decline angle and set a downhill speed value
Choppers Creek (Log flume) mid sections of the drop now have 2-20m range in 1m increments, making it much easier to align the splash section to the floor.
Fixed hybrid coaster supports behaving incorrectly when near vertical and banking.

Rides
Fix issue when placing a Hyperspin ride where the queue has no queue time but guests don't get on ride
Fix issue where a new queue tries to go back onto the ride when building the entrance near the control booth
Fix bug where changing a ride's entrance may invalidate entrance's original location

Guests
Reduced clipping when guests walk into toilets
Fix seams found where necks connect to body
Adding "lamb chop" facial hair to male guests
Fixed Guest cash spent stats not taking into account refunds
Increasing the number of guests who visit gift shops
Made the different gift items have different popularity - Balloons > Hats > Momentos
Added 2 new hats to the avatar and hat shops - Elf and Reindeer
Fixed issue when changing from open state to testing with guests seated on a flat ride they will remain on the ride while in test mode

Staff
Added Festive King Coaster as an available entertainer
Staff placement - Multiple staff members of the same type can be placed at the same time.
Staff info popup shows the tasks counts of the previous month rather than the current month.

UI
HUD now shows date-of-month by default and time-of-day on mouseover, rather than vice versa.
Prebuilt coaster blueprints now show the correct cost in the browser
Using F5/F9 to load the quicksave/quickload menu now returns the player straight to gameplay rather than to the parent settings menu.
Don't disable the path cursor on invalid path, just leave the path cursor as is
Coaster trigger panel is now dynamic and can be longer
Fix a bug where the help popup wouldn't update when switching between selecting a transport or tracked ride.
"Ride X has not been tested" notification no longer appears if it's an unfinished coaster.
"Coaster x is incomplete", for when the player isn't editing an incomplete coaster and a certain amount of time has elapsed.
Added a "Delete Path" button to the path system (similar to you holding the DEL key)
Ability for you to Sync Prices in your shops
The left hand UIs (help, notification list, challenges, objectives) and the park management ui will now close the other when one opens
Added a "Recently Used" sub-category to show recently used
Add notification for when player has completed a single objective in a difficulty tier
Adding a tooltip for the UI scaling.
Fix for multi select ceases to function after deleting selected items
Fixed issue where Controls Menu resets to the top when mousing over Edit icon
Fixed coaster objectives not completing if the required value has been rounded up
Bottom browsers now have (rebindable) keyboard shortcuts - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 0 and i (Park Management → Multi Selection)
Added a "Go to Steam Workshop" button in "My Blueprints"
Can now rename stations of Transport Rides
Added some new Statistics to the Park Management → Misc Statistics
Fixed statistics for Queue Time reported incorrect data

Localisation and Text
Removed an apostrophe from the Loading Screen tip "You can change the ticket price of a ride on its Finance tab"
German - Fix word-wrapping on Help UI with long words

Scenery improvements
Planet Coaster sign 14 now has colour option
The Fairytale Fountain thumbnail now matches the model
Fix texture issue on Classic Brick Pillar 1m tall
Fix texture issue on Modern Wall 1m Slope
Added colour option to Panel Curved Wall 2m and 4m
Clockwork tower scenery object missing geometry/backface cull
Added 2 new flower shrubs with colour options
Fixed icons for Wooden Doors/Windows
Fixed incorrect thumbnail for Rough Brick 4m Station Surround 2
Fixed waterplanes under the environments so its not visible when you dig in the expanded areas
Fixed Vendors feet can be seen coming through the base of the shop

Audio
Mix pass on the entire game to achieve that rides / coasters up close are louder but are more quiet further away. This is intended to help with creating audio theme-ing a little away from louder areas.
All in all over 800 bugs, mix tweaks and optimizations have been made to the audio of Planet Coaster since release.
Added audio to new particle effects, new rides, menu's and blueprints.
New music tracks: Planet Epoch, Planets Collide, The Joy in Us All, SleighRide
Audio code has been optimized, is more responsive and runs faster.
Added audio option to play soundtrack only when the game is paused.
Fixed previously broken triggered sound effects.
Increased music streaming buffers to combat music cutting out, this might increase latency.
*.flac files are now supported by the custom-user music. Current list of file-types supported is : .mp3 .ogg .wav .wma .aac .m4a .flac
Custom user music is louder on coasters.
Guests on coasters now respect EIN values and will scream when frightened and laugh when excited. Thanks to forum community for bringing this to our attention!
Guests on coaster individual animations have audio now.
Bespoke Harness sounds for Coasters.
Coasters can be heard much further throughout the park.
Coaster crashes more audible.
Guests on coasters will fatigue over time and scream a little less. More dynamic rides will keep them louder, rides that are constantly at a high speed will tire their vocal chords. This is not a game-play changing feature, just restricted to audio.
More variation between different coaster manufacturers and secondary systems such as brakes and chain lifts.
Intro movie now respects audio settings.
Individual guests on rides can now be heard on the closest ride.
Triggered soundeffects and park speakers need to be pointed for maximum effect as they are loudest from the front. This helps with sound-effects on indoor rides being less audible through walls.
Triggered soundeffects will be louder depending on how loud the game is, in practice this should helps when using them on coasters.
When quitting the game, audio now gracefully fades out instead of being cut.
A little festive surprise in the main menu theme (no worries, we'll change that back before summer ; )
When activating the Steam overlay, the game audio is muffled to help audibility when watching tutorials.
When a steam train goes up or down a hill, the steam-whistle blows. This feature can be used to "script" where a train is audible in the park.
Vendors cash machines now make a sound when accepting an order. Like their voice it subtly changes depending on their mood.
When selecting guests, staff or mascot, they are "contacted" and will communicate back their current mood in an emote.
When rides break down, the unique ride start/stop sound can be heard breaking down also.
Game volume has been raised slightly.

Stability
Fix crash when unsubscribing from multiple Workshop items quickly
Fix memory leak in heatmap data cache.

Optimisations
Optimisation coaster music system to use less memory
Improvements in the path rendering system on big parks
Cleanup of structure of existing art assets for memory savings
Setup coaster supports to use the streaming system
Improved loding logic on coaster supports
Performance improvement when you're moving a new path piece around lots of existing queue paths
More optimisation to the park management screen to reduce delay when opening it
Optimised memory usage.
Ensured better sharing of common assets.
Improved granularity of large asset packs to separate infrequently used resources.
Revised connectivity of asset packs to reduce memory usage in high asset usage situations.

Improved performance.
Reviewed model LOD’s to ensure optimal rendering of low LOD assets.

Improved load times for parks and blueprints.
Reviewed connectivity of asset packs to ensure packs better represent the objects that use them.
Speed up loading times by caching database queries

Tutorials
New "advanced simulation" tutorial

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
And the update is live, this is all the improvements they have added to the game (people afraid they would not continue to update after release can be a little relaxed now).

This kind of support has me optimistic for the game's future. Very cool stuff!

Top Bottom