• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plane (2023) with Gerald Butler - If you like 90s action movies don't miss this one

Sonik

This movie reminded me how little action movies need to be good, you just need likeable characters, tension, some good action and motivation for the characters to go from a to b and fight the bad guys and yet Hollywood has been failing at them for almost a decade now.

It was such a simple but fun movie, fucking loved it. Highly recommended

Trunx81

Oh this one went under my radar. Love me some corny G Butler movies! The “Fallen” pics are my guilty pleasure. And he looks back in shape as well. Trailer was cool. Replace the prisoner with Vin Diesel and the separatists with Aliens and you got a Pitch Black Remake.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This movie reminded me how little action movies need to be good, you just need likeable characters, tension, some good action and motivation for the characters to go from a to b and fight the bad guys and yet Hollywood has been failing at them for almost a decade now.

It was such a simple but fun movie, fucking loved it. Highly recommended
Well you also need a lead actor that can lean into the role, who is not afraid to chew the scenery and play up the action movie star role.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Steven Seagal GIF

Reminded me of the movie 'Flight of the Phoenix' from 2004, which ironically was a remake of an earlier 60s film. Same scenario about a plane crash, the hostile island inhabitants and the crew attempting to survive and escape.

Flightofthephoenix.PNG

Vyse

Gold Member
As stupid of a premise for a movie, I enjoyed it. I can’t get anything better than stale pretzels on a flight. They are getting a pilot who goes Rambo to save them. 🤣

Top Bottom