• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plan to triple dip in GTA 5 on ps5/series X? IF no, what would make you?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Played this game the first time on the xbox 360. Played it again on the playstation 4. It would take a magnitude of changes for me to consider buying it again. 4k is not enough incentive IMO. One that would be a huge incentive is the online load times. The biggest reason why I never got heavily into GTA 5 was the ridiculous load times. Many other changes that would make me consider buying it again:

-Online load times heavily increased. Days of waiting 3 mins to load into a game and 2 min load times between every mission should be a thing of the past. I work for a living and value my game time. PLaying 1 hour of GTA 5 online I would experience 15mins or more of loading.

-Expanded single player experience: New missions or expansion of the single player story!

-More than just upgrading the resolution: I got a feeling that GTA 5 will be updated to 4k 30fps and call it a day! It's been over 7 years since the PS4 update: I want to see a significant graphics update!

Relativ9

No, however, they could get me to triple dip if they released a full game length expansion for free, with an all new city, new gameplay systems, a new story-line, higher fidelity graphics...They could call it the "GTA5: But it's Actually Six" expansion, then I'll happily buy GTA5 again.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
No, and nothing. At this point it’s gotten to Skyrim meme levels of flogging a dead horse. The online is rubbish in my opinion, and exists as a function to sell MTX only. GTA 4 had a good online, people gravitated towards Happiness Island and the Airport and chaos ensued.

Now you get put in a grief lobby for using your Rhyno tank on other players… pointless.

amigastar

I've played the 360 version then PC version and if PC gets the new enhanced edition i will triple dip for sure. Love the game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hell Naw GIF by memecandy

SJRB

Gold Member
Let's see some trailers first. That PS5 upgrade better be fucking INSANE to get me to tripple-dip.

k1m1d4n

No, and nothing. At this point it’s gotten to Skyrim meme levels of flogging a dead horse. The online is rubbish in my opinion, and exists as a function to sell MTX only. GTA 4 had a good online, people gravitated towards Happiness Island and the Airport and chaos ensued.

Now you get put in a grief lobby for using your Rhyno tank on other players… pointless.
Damn right. One of the best online multiplayer experiences to this day was deathmatch on either the airport or happiness Island with nothing but rpgs

Excess

I'm a huge GTA fan, and I heavily played GTA Online for a good period of two years back in 2014-2015. I bought the game on PS3, XB1, PS4 and PC.

I'm done with it. I still play Online every now and again, but I have never purchased a Shark Card, and never will. The only thing that would get me to repurchase would be cross-play, but that won't be happening with PC. Rockstar can't seem to figure out how to deal with modders.

LordCBH

If it had come out around launch when there wasn’t barely anything new or next Gen looking, then possibly. But this far after when stuff is finally starting to hit? Nah.

Only If there's complete new sp content.

Got the ps3/ps4 versions and the PC version for free from the Epic Store.

No way in hell I buy the game again If there's no new sp content and copying GTA online Content to the sp is not new content for me.

elliot5

Never purchased GTA5 to begin with. I do have it on EGS though from when they gave it away. Maybe one day I'll get around to the campaign

Kagey K

Banned
Nope free upgrade or bust.

Done with paying for the same shit because it's on a new machine. Glad most devs seem to have moved into the future, the Dinosaurs can die trying to milk extra money out of their playerbase.

Javthusiast

Banned
Have it for ps3 and ps4. At this point won't spend money on it and just wait for Game Pass drop eventually if I wanna actually play through it. Never got to before.

Raphael

Never bought it, borrowed a friends copy played for a couple of hours, got bored, tried online, was bad (back then at least). Never looked back.

Kupfer

Probably, if they really enhance the tech behind the game. Played it on release on PS3 and played it later on PS4, PS4 Version made PS3 Version Look like an alpha version. If it will be the same with PS4 to PS5, I'm in. Didn't play the game in years and it's still better than no GTA on PS5.

I have a very bad feeling the regular PS4/ Xbox discs or digital won't work and u need to buy some enhanced bullshit for 30 or godforbid 60 dollars in that case rockstar can just fuck off

Myths

Triple dip, can’t go wrong. I do wish they added a bit of graphical enhancements, cause the PC mods are ridiculously good:

I’d pay another 20 to be able to play through it in 60fps but I’m guessing they’ll keep it at 30 and max out LOD and such.

I own/owned this on ps3, ps4, Xbox 360 and Xbox one. It’s great but I’ve completed the campaign at least 3 times between the platforms and it would need new content and 60fps to get me to spend more than 20. Of course I’d love it to be free since I’ve bought it 4 times already. 😂

retsof624

They said it’s “expanded and enhanced”. So if it has more things to do (more vehicles to drive, more activities, more buildings and business to visit) then I’d definitely consider it.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Give me PSVR support and not some cut down shit aka Skyrim, I want the full fat experience and I want to experience it in first person perspective

GHG

Gold Member
New engine, new gameplay mechanics, new content and HDR support would get me to consider it.

xrnzaaas

A singleplayer expansion is the only thing that would make me consider going back to GTA 5. I haven't played it since 2015.

Tg89

Nah, the only reason i double dipped in the first place was cause the game was terrible to play on 360. The PS4 version was just fine but it's not a game I see myself revisiting ever.

Blond

Banned
4K / 120 locked / Upgraded textures and effects with expanded draw distance

The game is 10 years old at this point it should do that with ease

Aldynes

Only played it on release on PS3, god that was in 2013? I loved it but didn't touch it after beating the story mode with the best ending, I didn't experience the game with all the features they improved for the PS4 release, didn't they say they needed to bring more on the table this time for next gen ports? I'm counting on that, I'd like to see ray tracing, improved euphoria tweaks like the one they used for Red Dead 2, reworked graphic engine, put actual crowds in city, NPC everywhere, increase traffic volume (without overdoing it I don't want a traffic jam simulator) make the game more difficult with better AI, hope they reworked the combat gameplay I hope they learned from RD2 you don't want a auto aim system, make it more rewarding, more "real" side content (no fetch quest or item collecting) add more story maybe a "lost chapter" that would introduce some characters or story elements that would make the link with past GTA and 6...

I want to see what the next gen can do with all that increased power to an older game that could put a shit-ton of NPC/CARS/DETAILS everywhere.

Bartski

Gold Member
I've played through everything the campaign has to offer on 360 and I don't plan to but I'm a physics whore and hearing about those rumored improvements... I'm waiting for them to show it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Would just be a double dip for me, as I haven't played it since the original release on PS3. I have considered getting the PS4 version on several occasions, as I really enjoyed it on PS3 and wouldn't mind playing a better version of it, but I always decided against it. So if the PS5 version is considerably upgraded (as in a proper next-gen version, preferably with some new SP content) I might be in.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've still never purchased it. Im a unicorn.

Its on gamepass and I still haven't even downloaded it. Absurd file size.

Kerotan

I'm subbed to the best subscription service in gaming so I'll be getting the online for free. I'd probably buy the campaign on sale again in a few years when I feel like playing.

Connxtion

I want all the GTA Online vehicles in SP, can’t stand online in this game.

But would need to be something special for me to pay again.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It would have to 20-30 hours of new single-player story content for me to even consider; I own the game on PC and can play it at 100FPS if I want.

Top Bottom