• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plague Tale: Requiem releasing 18th October 2022

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Do you really think it's that complicated to click on a button that says "play"?
No, it wasn't my error. It's just another bug with the Windows Store. Just another.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I guess English isn't your native language; let's just leave it at that, good day

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
FYI, disable the motion blur guys. I feel like it's a very poor implementation.

Also, Chromatic Aberration if you don't want discolored streaks on the screen edges.

Looks amazing with those disabled.

17-10-2022_10-46-49_pihejy.png

Completely agree. Turn off motion blur and CA and bask in the incredible graphics.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Where are the RT options? Can't find them in the options menu.

On PC they said it will be added via patch after release, no idea if its 1 day, 1 week or more.

-

On consoles, looks like there's no other "day 1 patch". The console update history shows it was last updated on the 15th, so I guess that was the day 1 patch.

Filben

Press to play it and got a message that it requires an update. At first I thought it would be a few MB, but no, it's downloading the whole game, again.
The text seems misleading, it doesn't download the game (at least not to full extent); it may be a mix of verifying file integrity plus extracting files plus downloading. The speed indicator on that update exceeded my internet bandwidth by great extent, so it's not possible that it was 'download only'.

On PC they said it will be added via patch after release, no idea if its 1 day, 1 week or more.
Thanks. I've googled and found nothing on it. Just RTX videos, first impressions, etc. but not statement at all. Thanks again!

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
The text seems misleading, it doesn't download the game (at least not to full extent); it may be a mix of verifying file integrity plus extracting files plus downloading. The speed indicator on that update exceeded my internet bandwidth by great extent, so it's not possible that it was 'download only'.

Thanks. I've googled and found nothing on it. Just RTX videos, first impressions, etc. but not statement at all. Thanks again!

It downloaded the full game again.
44Gb for the pre-loading and 44Gb for the update. The install folder is 47Gb.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Played through the first two chapters on Series X, on an LG CX, and can report that the performance is more or less acceptable. Motion blur is awful though, recommend turning it off. CA didn't feel as impactful when off, but you might as well do that too.

Framerate-wise, it's okay at 40fps, but wouldn't want it any lower. Only seems to get dips in asset heavy environments, and even then, it's not that annoying.

Beautiful game, graphics-wise. My only complaint is the filter makes it a bit washed out. Couldn't have done without it.

MikeM

Did they update it? I’m getting 60-70fps at high settings, 1440p (85% res scale) on a 6700xt. Cpu utilization is low (never reached 10% this far). First chapter tho.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's playable at 40hz no issues. But it does not look better to me than the previous games, the close detail, it just has bigger scene, that you see more of a map. I don't know, wasn't fan of the first, probably not going to finish this one.

DaGwaphics

Very high level of detail. They've opened up the scenes quite a bit in comparison to the last one. I'm just at the start of chapter two, so no hordes of rats on screen yet.

I've been playing on the Series S while my PC version is downloading an update and sure, it doesn't look quite as good but still really pleasing:

0pOWzS0.png

C7TaVjm.png

s0Q1qX0.png

cKRFvyx.png

MWXRflT.png

Top Bottom