• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plague Tale Requiem Is The Most Slept On Game of 2022

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am playing it on PC Gamepass. It is OK. I really can't stand the stupid stealth/weapon BS. Can strangle guys without helmets but can't strangle guys with helmets that have no body armor? OK sure. Oh and of course you can only use a knife once because that makes so much sense. FFS it just makes the main character feel like a stupid asshole. The game also seems to really hide the upgrade items which makes it lame. Need to explore the whole area in stealth to find the tools to upgrade stuff, so basically hiding the upgrades behind lame gameplay. I mean shit, if I am supposed to be playing stealth why should I risk getting caught just to make sure I get all of the upgrades. Right, because I am playing a dumb character.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's solid albeit not flawless. Gameplay loop is not always optimal, and the upgrades are coming way too slow. But in general it was a very satisfying experience. Amazing visuals as well btw.

Strider311

I’m still working my way through Requiem, but I am loving it so far and I really loved Innocence as well. Great art and voice acting.

Poppyseed

I just beat the game last night and overall loved it, despite not being captured after 4-5 hours. The world was beautiful, and got more interesting actually the further you get into it. Some of the gameplay was frustrating, requiring trial and error or just multiple attempts, and the lip syncing was atrocious (see Ragnarok for how to do it properly), but the voice acting was fantastic and the music was something truly special. I'm really bummed about the lip sync, as the voice actors deserved better considering they were fantastic.

Overall, definitely worth playing, and emotionally hard to do so!

PS With an RTX 4090 maxed out at 4K DLSS3+FG at a constant 150-160fps, it's gloooorious.

Last edited:

Roufianos

I plan on getting Requiem on PS5 soon especially since I really liked the first game, but I think one of the reasons it was overlooked is because there are simply way too many games out now and it probably got buried in the releases. It’s a shame because I’m sure it’s a hidden gem based on what I’ve seen and played.
I'd say the opposite. Last year was one of the quietest years for big releases you'll ever see.

Bond007

Enjoying it. Never played the first so i have nothing to compare it to.
Not gonna lie- the Game Awards put this on my radar- looked interesting. Chapter 5-6 now, i like it. Lots of valid complaints here aswell.

Too much talking for one.

I'd say the opposite. Last year was one of the quietest years for big releases you'll ever see.
I see. I mean game releases in general, not just high profile releases. New games come out literally daily now and I feel like certain games can easily get lost in the crowd especially since marketing seems near nonexistent on most games now. I noticed most game prices generally drop faster than ever now as well which really makes me wonder.

RPS37

I want to play it for the graphics alone but I never finished the first and the gameplay seems terribly archaic.

Sleepwalker

I wanted to play this but the first one was already getting long in the tooth by the end and this one is almost double as long lol, plus someone spoiled the ending for me... Might just watch a youtube movie of the game and move on.

Top Bottom