• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixelopus' next game to use UE5, collab with Sony Pictures

Varteras

Gold Member

This job listing for a Principal Graphics Programmer says that for their next game on PS5 they'll be using Unreal Engine 5 and that it will be in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation. Now the language here could just be your standard hype up for anyone interested in the job but it sounds like they're looking to push visuals in their next project. This could be the start of Pixelopus going from some small team in Sony's San Mateo office to a bigger group with their own location. Concrete Genie was a huge step up from their first game, Entwined. I'll be interested to see if they can take another big step.

Varteras

Gold Member
Yeah, I am happy Sony is trusting and growing smaller studios like Pixelopus and Media Molecule.

Good luck to Pixelopus developers!
Yeah I had heard that Media Molecule was being expanded. They kinda hovered around having 50 people for a long time last I knew but said they preferred to operate as a smaller team. That was years ago, though. Sony seems pretty adamant in getting their internal studios to be able to either get projects out faster, work on multiple projects at a time, or build much bigger experiences than previous releases. Team Asobi is another recent example. Went from being a small team within Japan Studio to now taking over as THE group of that location. Even seems they removed the Japan Studio name to just call it Team Asobi now.

Last edited:
I think this is gonna be the Sly Cooper game. I think people really underestimate Pixelopus, i just played Concrete Genie for the first time last year and couldn’t believe how charming and fun it was. Really odd to me cause people kind of downplayed it when it was free on ps plus.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Pff weak rumors!

Guerrilla second team is almost finished with the game.
Sony Bend game has gone into production
PixelOpus game is very ambitious comparing with what the team previously released
Oh so this guy was right? Still don’t believe him, all insiders have twitter accounts.

Now being serious it’s a studio that is formed mainly by people fresh out of university, with ideas and creativity that can make something truly unique comparing to the barebones of that is the current state of AAA gaming.

ANIMAL1975

Oh so this guy was right? Still don’t believe him, all insiders have twitter accounts.

Now being serious it’s a studio that is formed mainly by people fresh out of university, with ideas and creativity that can make something truly unique comparing to the barebones of that is the current state of AAA gaming.
Do you know something more about that Guerrilla second game?

ANIMAL1975

Oh 😦
Well your wish will half come true
Shit Killzone remake without multiplayer confirmed, Ryaaannn!
next _ mankind announcing the omelet without egg

My apologies to Pixelopus for the derailing, hope you guys doing a goat game too. Knack3 baby!

ANIMAL1975

Lol 😆 or it’s a multiplayer game but without killzone!
No Way GIF

Shmunter

Concrete Genie captivated me from the outset, but the repetitive treasure hunts quickly outstayed their welcome. Am I missing anything, am I playing it right? does it change at some point?

SilentUser

I think this is gonna be the Sly Cooper game. I think people really underestimate Pixelopus, i just played Concrete Genie for the first time last year and couldn’t believe how charming and fun it was. Really odd to me cause people kind of downplayed it when it was free on ps plus.
Concrete Genie is a very sweet and surprising game, hopefully they will keep creating different games but with a bigger budget :)

Top Bottom