• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pilot threatening to intentionally crash small plane into Mississippi Walmart, police say

Bullet Club

Pilot threatening to intentionally crash small plane into Mississippi Walmart, police say​

A pilot in Tupelo, Mississippi, is threatening to intentionally crash a small plane into a Walmart, police said Saturday morning.

"At this time the situation is ongoing with TPD and all Emergency Services in our area on alert," Tupelo Police said in a news release Saturday morning. "With the mobility of an airplane of that type the danger zone is much larger than even Tupelo."

The Tupelo Walmart store is "currently closed and evacuated," Charles Crowson, director of the Walmart Press Office, tells CNN.

"We're working closely with local investigators and are referring questions to law enforcement," he added.

The plane was reportedly north of Tupelo in the Benton, Union County, area about 8:35 a.m. local time, police said in an update.

"Local, State and Federal Authorities are continuing to monitor this dangerous situation," the update said.

The airplane is "possibly King Air type," police said in their Facebook post.

Source: CNN

Kilau

Gold Member
Really scary with college football games about to start all over the region. I don’t know what his range is but it might be a real concern.

winjer

Gold Member
The USA is like a real life GTA server. And it never ceases to amaze and entertain.

Leaving Peace Out GIF by Rockstar Games

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
holy shit, hopefully this is deescalated without any civilians getting hurt.

Vestal

Gold Member
Is this the first such threat from a civilian(Non Commercial) aircraft? Don't remember ever hearing of something like this.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
He’ll be running out of fuel pretty soon based on specs

the aircraft has a range of 3-4 hours of regular flying. He is 2h 40 min in and riding it like a roller coaster.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
He’ll be running out of fuel pretty soon based on specs

the aircraft has a range of 3-4 hours of regular flying. He is 2h 40 min in and riding it like a roller coaster.
Va92B17.png

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about fuel limits. Am I reading this right? Looks like he's right under 2 hours in-air, unless it started counting from scheduled takeoff time or something?

seems to be gaining altitude. gone up about 500ft in the last few minutes.

and just dropped 500ft real fucking fast! and now down to 900ft...

Last edited:
Yeah, but this guy was angry at the world and knew he was going to die today. I can't even begin to imagine what must have been going through his mind.
i sympathise with him in regards to that but if you want to kill people then you can go take a fuck to yourself. if you want to kill yourself that is tragic but you don't need to go take a plane and threaten to crash into a supermarket.

Patrick S.

Banned
i sympathise with him in regards to that but if you want to kill people then you can go take a fuck to yourself. if you want to kill yourself that is tragic but you don't need to go take a plane and threaten to crash into a supermarket.
Yeah, of course. No question.

levyjl1988

Banned
This is usually newsworthy only if there was a body count like a public shooting. All the drama and GTA events always happen in the USA.
It’s the American dream because you have to be asleep to live it.

thefool

How do you even respond against a situation like this? The range of a plane makes pretty much anything a possible target within a massive distance.

Top Bottom