• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars Of Eternity:Complete Edition|OT| The perfect chance to revisit Raedric's Hold

Banned
Thanks, got any link to this comment? I was dreading they've forgotten about the console editions. Might park my continuation until this patch is out.

My PS4 is downloading a patch right now. Can't find any release notes.

Banned
Thanks for the heads-up! Holy shit, the v1.05 patch is 5,89 GB. Hopefully it sorts out the save bug issue. *prays to higher powers*

I'm hoping it eases up on the loading times a bit.

This is perfect timing for me. I'm just about to jump into a new game since I blew through my last playthrough and missed a whole lot of content.

Anno

Patch notes:

Hi everyone

A patch for console has just gone live on PS4 and is going live on Xbox at 17:00 CEST today!

Thank you to all of you who reported bugs. Please keep letting us know if you find any.

The patch notes in full are listed below:

- Reduced save game size. This fixes saved games disappearing and new saves not registering.
- If a save does not correctly save you now get an error message.
- Made it easier to navigate the inventory.
- Lowered the time it takes to open the inventory.
- Improved the way you equip weapons.
- Made it possible to destroy multiple items at once.
- Damage numbers are colored depending on source.
- Added more target selection feedback.
- Made selected character more prominent.
- Cursor assist for aoe targeting can now be turned on/off.
- Screenshot mode - It’s now possible to turn off most of the UI.
- It is now possible to disable autosaving.
- Added option to show damage taken to party members.
- Updated layout of the level up screen and character creation screen.
- Navigation and feedback improvements in a lot of menus.
- Closing the Grimoire menu no longer closes the inventory.
- New targeting system when the Interaction button is held down (The old one can be toggled on in options).
- It is no longer possible to have multiple pets.
- Summons from items now have full health when spawned.
- Camera zoom now persist across save game loads.
- “Black cat” is now black instead of orange.
- Made it easier to use quick items in the radial.
- It is now possible to examine items before picking them up.
- Changed “Loot all” button.
- Second wind is only showed in radial if the character has access to it.
- Crafting materials can now be sold.
- Party members animates properly if the party leader is in stealth.
- Fixed an issue where expert mode would be erroneously applied when loading a save that is not expert
mode.
- Increase the overall size for the strongholds update texts.
- Kickstarter NPCs are now marked with a golden speech bubble.
- The button bindings bar now shows the correct buttons.
- Fixed cutscene timings.
- Game over screen now triggers properly when summons are the last to die in battle.
- Integrated changes from PC version 3.06.
- General stability improvements.

Happy gaming!

BeeDog

If the save bug really is fixed, sounds like an amazing patch! That Grimoire stupidity of closing the inventory drove me nuts, and so did the miniscule stronghold banner text. Woo!

Banned
I'm very interested to see how the inventory navigation has changed.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for posting the patch notes, Anno!

BeeDog

VERY quick impressions:

- Seems the save bug is indeed fixed, woo! The saving takes a lot longer though, which is a bit annoying with the traversal & autosaving. But I'll take that if it means better compression of the save files.
- The feeling of the UI is quite different, though it was a while ago I played the game. New icons, new filtering options (i.e. in the quest log), smoother grimoire navigation etc. Good stuff.
- The pick up item dialogue is a bit different: it asks how many "copies" of an item you wanna pick up, so you'll double-tap a lot if you pick up items one by one from the ground.
- There's a very big direction indicator if you hold X and rotate the left stick. A bit garish, but definitely useful.
- The "View report" link not being clickable in the stronghold log bug is still there.
- Another new bug is that I lose the green marker on my characters for some reason, I think if they have been charmed by the enemy.
- Probably placebo, but the performance seems a tad bit better. Haven't tried visiting Defiance Bay yet though.

BeeDog

Finished off WM2 with the patch, and have to say it's a major improvement over the previous version, thankfully. Still some buggy/unpolished parts, but it's much better than it was before.

I have to say, MW2 was a great expansion pack but too bad it ends on somewhat of a dud.
I liked everything up to and including the moonshard, and the scripted interaction with the Eyeless at the end was a great philosophical debate. But then all of a sudden, they disappear and you're unceremoniously dumped back to the map, nothing new.
Huh.

Top Bottom