• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Meet the Pikmin Trailer - Nintendo Switch

Bullet Club

Grow a squad of adorable, plantlike Pikmin to traverse a strange world and save your planet
Command a capable crop of different types of Pikmin™ to strategically overcome obstacles, defeat creatures, and find food for your famished home planet! You can even bring a second player along to divvy up tasks as you explore a world that seems larger than life from a pint-sized perspective.

Pikmin at your pace
Return to your ship before time runs out, or you (and your Pikmin) could be in big trouble. If you prefer a more casual approach, a variety of difficulty settings, lock-on targeting and optional hints have been newly added. With less pressure, you have more time to strategically command your Pikmin and take in the lush scenery.

Play side-story missions, head-to-head matches and more!
This deluxe version of the Pikmin 3 game includes new side-story missions featuring Olimar and Louie, the ability to play Story mode with a friend and all DLC stages from the original release. Feeling competitive? Enjoy fierce head-to-head Bingo Battles and online leaderboards for Mission mode.

Bridges

This was an amazing game, definitely my favorite Pikmin and probably my favorite Wii U game. It's a bit on the easy side, but especially with the added difficulty options I highly recommend this to anyone who missed it the first time.

Nico_D

The best Pikmin game. I very likely won't be getting this port but everybody who hasn't played it before, absolutely should. Split-screen multiplayer is awesome.

JimboJones

I actually got this free on WiiU, only played a few levels but the refresh rate felt too low for that type of game.

Saber

Gold Member
Nah...don't have interest on those Pikimins sequels.

Now if they releases the first one, then I would be in love.

Wonder what happened to Pikmin 4.
its-dead-jim.jpg

I actually forgot about Pikmin 4.

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Great game, tempted to pick it up again but feeling time poor at the moment and with next-gen consoles not far away might have to give it a miss.

00_Zer0

Definitely on my radar. Hope purist don't rag on me, but I'm taking the casual mode on this one. The time limit sucks to me. Always has. I have played all the Pikmin games, and I enjoyed 2 the most, because when you were in the caves you didn't have to worry about time limits. I much prefer exploring casually at my own pace and letting the challenge come from enemies or puzzle solving/pikmin management than using time limits to apply further pressure.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
It's amazing how Nintendo can re-release a game with no improvements for full retail and people will buy it.

I'm actually more astonished that if a person gives a fair criticism about the quality of the port, not the game it self, people spam the salt posts and comments.

It was the same with the 3D Mario pack. Galaxy still a superb game and 64 still rules, but damn... the care they give to those games is low and gods forbids you from complaining about that.

Allandor

Wow, the trailers seems to have lower res assets than the original Wii U game.
So just another quick port, than?

This would have been a nice bonus port for Pikmin 4 ... where the hell is part 4? After more than 7 years, this should be possible to deliver Nintendo.

Last edited:
Definitely on my radar. Hope purist don't rag on me, but I'm taking the casual mode on this one. The time limit sucks to me. Always has. I have played all the Pikmin games, and I enjoyed 2 the most, because when you were in the caves you didn't have to worry about time limits. I much prefer exploring casually at my own pace and letting the challenge come from enemies or puzzle solving/pikmin management than using time limits to apply further pressure.
Pikmin 3 doesn't really have a traditional time limit. You have juice that you collect from fruits that you consume at the end of each day. If you run out, game over. You come across enough fruit from exploration that it never becomes much of an issue. On my first play through I took my time and never came close to losing all my juice.

Having said that, I'm sure you'll still have a great time playing on casual either way, it's a great game.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Meet the lazy port that had awful controls on the WiiU.

Fuck you Nintendo I didn't buy a Switch for old ports. Give us Pikmin 4.

It's awful to even think it but at this rate Pikmin 4 will be a next Nintendo system title, and so will Metroid Prime 4.

McCheese

Where is my boy purple pikmin? Don't tell me he's not in this one.

Surprised they didn't upgrade some of this ground textures, seems like they finished the port in record time and just sat on it for months so they could release during a quiet period.

PrimeX

Well, hardly anyone bought a Wii U so I don't blame them for wanting to get a bigger return on all the games they made for it.
Yeah but what about the "hardcore" fanboys that did buy the WiiU and every game on it? I was seriously expecting Pikmin 4 as an excuse to get a Switch. Seems I have to wait this gen, or maybe get a PS5.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but what about the "hardcore" fanboys that did buy the WiiU and every game on it? I was seriously expecting Pikmin 4 as an excuse to get a Switch. Seems I have to wait this gen, or maybe get a PS5.
Pikmin 4 will come out after Bayonetta 3. You just gotta believe!

carlosrox

Banned
I'm torn on whether or not I should rebuy this or not.

I enjoyed it but didn't get very far so it would be great to finish this.

Are there ANY changes in this one visually? Resolution at least??

Last edited:
Top Bottom