• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe announced for Nintendo Switch, Releases 10/30

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
If they hadn’t delisted WiiU DKTF before (I didn’t remember they did), I’d guess delisting WiiU Pikmin 3 was Nintendo’s reaction to the people rushing to buy the Tokyo Mirage Session WiiU remainders when they learned that the Switch version would be the (slightly) censored US version in all markets.

Anyway... you do realize that Sony didn’t remove the PS3 versions of TLOU, Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts or anything else when those games got a PS4 version, right? This is pure greed on Nintendo’s part, and it’s a deliberate fuck you to consumers. It doesn’t matter that the WiiU was, for all intents and purposes, practically dead by 2015. The console’s shop is still active and Nintendo are deliberately removing the games they’re porting to the WiiU to avoid losing even a single potential customer. After this, I can only expect the worst for the eventual ports of Metroid and Mario games.

Saruhashi

Banned
Weirdest part is people flat out pretending you can't not buy it if it offends your sensibilities that much. The overlap between people who own a Wii U, has it plugged to the TV and would suddenly get a craving for some Pikmin 3 can't be very large.

However, the whole thing is very par for course on a Nintendo related thread.

If Nintendo announced "Switch 2 is totally free and all games are free too" then you'd have people on here moaning because they spent 6 months going without snacks and soda to save for the new console.

I would point to things like the Joy Cons as "anti consumer" since it seems a lot of them have issues and you are stuck for weeks not playing your console if you want to get it fixed.

For some folks they look at a company saying "do you want to buy our product, it costs 60 bucks" as anti-consumer.
Same with "oh that product isn't available anymore". That's not anti-consumer.

De-listing the game from Wii U means the game isn't available on Wii U anymore. That's it.
You wanted to buy it on Wii U? Sorry, it's not available.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee! Anti-consumer!

It's basically a non-issue but we have people here who are looking forward to Pikmin 3 so we'd better burst that bubble ASAP!

jaysius

Banned
Ok i never had those problems so i just played it with the gamepad and it was fine.
I also usually don't read gamespot reviews, i have a feeling that they are not critical but just trying to be edgy with some of the remarks they make

Right, well it wasn't ONLY Gamespot that noticed it, good defense though, multiple reviewers had this issue. Attacking the source instead of directly addressing the issue, is a what a good Nintendo fanboi does.

Uusis

Banned
Day 1, played this on Wii U 2-3 times allready but such a great game needs new life on my Switch! Gonna miss Wiimote/nunchuck/gamepad-combo thou :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:
If Nintendo announced "Switch 2 is totally free and all games are free too" then you'd have people on here moaning because they spent 6 months going without snacks and soda to save for the new console.

I would point to things like the Joy Cons as "anti consumer" since it seems a lot of them have issues and you are stuck for weeks not playing your console if you want to get it fixed.

For some folks they look at a company saying "do you want to buy our product, it costs 60 bucks" as anti-consumer.
Same with "oh that product isn't available anymore". That's not anti-consumer.

De-listing the game from Wii U means the game isn't available on Wii U anymore. That's it.
You wanted to buy it on Wii U? Sorry, it's not available.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee! Anti-consumer!

It's basically a non-issue but we have people here who are looking forward to Pikmin 3 so we'd better burst that bubble ASAP!

Perfectly how I feel about this. This anticonsumer TheQuartering thing needs to stop, it's so goddamn moronic. A product being priced in any way isn't anticonsumer because the consumer can always voice their displeasure by NOT BUYING IT.

Seriously, there's no thing that makes me cringe more than any complaint that start with a variation of "as a consumer".

Then again, like you said, it IS Nintendo. People will find something to shitpost about.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Possibly, but the way you state it holds no weight because it is posted with no basis other than ignorance.

It was a response to the equally ignorant idea that the Wii U was a paid beta test for the Switch. It wasn't. If anything it was a DS for your TV.

jigglet

Banned
I'm just not excited for this as a stand alone release. Why not package in Pikmin 1 and 2 while they're at it? That would have made it an easy purchase for me. Pikmin 3 is so recent but I haven't played the first 2 in a looooong time.

Zog

Banned
Perfectly how I feel about this. This anticonsumer TheQuartering thing needs to stop, it's so goddamn moronic. A product being priced in any way isn't anticonsumer because the consumer can always voice their displeasure by NOT BUYING IT.

Seriously, there's no thing that makes me cringe more than any complaint that start with a variation of "as a consumer".

Then again, like you said, it IS Nintendo. People will find something to shitpost about.

Consumers shouldn't be able to discuss the things they dislike (on a discussion board no less)? Not buying it is the only option a consumer should have?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Consumers shouldn't be able to discuss the things they dislike (on a discussion board no less)? Not buying it is the only option a consumer should have?

I mean looking at your post history your hate boner for the switch seems to be your shtick which seems to be why you have been doing nothing on this board but going hard in this thread for 24 hours, why most people have ignored you. I suggest most do the same.

Zog

Banned
I mean looking at your post history your hate boner for the switch seems to be your shtick which seems to be why you have been doing nothing on this board but going hard in this thread for 24 hours, why most people have ignored you. I suggest most do the same.

Did you even read what you quoted?

I think when someone goes looking through another's post history they are no longer interested in discussion but rather they are looking to dig up some dirt on the other poster to personally attack them with.

Last edited:
I for one would like to thank Nintendo for giving me the opportunity to be a part of their (paid) Switch beta testing programme A.K.A the Wii U.

FWIW, charging $60 for Pikmin 3 is obscene. It's a middle finger to those who supported the game on the Wii U, and the fact they removed it from the Wii U e-Shop is goddamn hilarious. I'll continue to vote with my wallet (i.e. not buying anything outside of Animal Crossing) this year. Do I think it's anti-consumer? Yes. But whatever, if they think ports of 7-year-old games counts as a major October release, rather than a tentpole release to keep fans ticking over between the big hitters, then so be it.

I hope it sells well, I hope it makes them a tidy profit because it is a fantastic game, but they are only pushing me away with this port garbage. I've owned every Nintendo system since the SNES, the last 18 months of the Switch have been pure awful. I'm not rebuying shit I've already beaten in recent memory. Keep going for the easy money Nintendo, should be a fun ride.

Would it have really been hard to release a Pikmin trilogy for $60 and spruce up the other two games? I mean, seven years... I can go play this game right now if wanted to, my Wii U is still hooked up. I could still download Xenoblade on Wii U's e-shop if I wanted to (or can I?) for less than a third the price of your remastered version. I honestly don't understand why are they doing this? Can they just not be arsed to give us any new games? The direct situation makes it even worse. Nothing to get excited for that isn't miles off. I really don't get it, 2017 was one of the best years in gaming and Nintendo have dropped the ball so goddamn hard in '19 and '20. Great if you never owned a Wii U, I'm sure, but, for me at least, this all just spits in the face of people who did.

My 2c.

Algorum

Neo Member
Didn’t get to experience Pikmin 3. I only watched a couple of playthrough videos because one game didn’t justify buying such an expensive and confusing console.

Now that I own a switch there ain’t no excuses and they packed all the interesting looking DLC from 3 and also managed to add in more content.

I’m more than ready to experience my third Pikmin game in 15 years.

Pikmin 2 was a classic and I have so many horrifying and great memories with the caves in that game. Jesus.

Last edited:

Look at my first post in this thread:

SIXTY US DOLLARS!

Huge Nintendo shill, but come on Ninty LMAO.

There's a difference between voicing dissatisfaction and being a screeching bitcher about the same point over and over again. The thing is, and I'm not saying this is directed to you, a lot of that comes from people who are NOT Nintendo fans, who don't game on a Switch and who overall have no interest in Pikmin in the first place. But it's the low hanging fruit, right? It's the easy target. So excuse me if I don't believe a lot of people in this thread are "discussing the things they dislike" from an honest angle. They're not. It's the same thing in every Nintendo thread.

Don't get me wrong, I revel in the imbecility of the hate boner people carry for Nintendo. I think it's adorable. But every so often it breaks that barrier from being endearingly retarded to being annoyingly retarded. You get an autoban if you mention how many floppies the PS5 allegedly have and that is for a good-ish reason. Because repeated negative talking points eventually get irritating and because it doesn't come from CONSUMERS. It comes from people who are only in it to shitpost.

And yes, not buying a product is the only concrete option the consumer has against a product they haven't acquired yet. Everything else is just noise. And that's fine, we're in the noise zone. It's just that sometimes that can give you a migraine.

Hal.

Pikmin 3 is fucking amazing. I finished it a couple of months ago on Wii U for the second time and I'm gonna be there day 1 for this.

Same ol G

Right, well it wasn't ONLY Gamespot that noticed it, good defense though, multiple reviewers had this issue. Attacking the source instead of directly addressing the issue, is a what a good Nintendo fanboi does.
Quite sad to start with insults.
I never insulted or attacked you, i gave you a reasonable response, i'm also in my right to not like your source as i pointed out.
It's fine if other outlets had the same issue i didn't as i said, i don't have to follow the herd or have the same opinion as everybody else that doesn't make me a fanboy.

TexMex

Glad to see some solid reviews. Missed opportunity to include 1/2 but that's about what I've come to expect from this company. Great game on its own and I'm excited to play it again.

Dodo123

So it seems that it's better to play the game on the Switch not the Wii U now?
Havent played it yet, thinking if it's worth to pay more for the Switch version, as I have the previous console as well.

Kokoloko85

Sad the graphics are worst than the Wii U version.
And extremely greedy of Nintendo to charge $60.
Pikmin Series is one of My favourites.
Hopefully the next Nintendo console doesnt sell aswell so they stop being greedy pricks

BlackTron

I for one would like to thank Nintendo for giving me the opportunity to be a part of their (paid) Switch beta testing programme A.K.A the Wii U.

FWIW, charging $60 for Pikmin 3 is obscene. It's a middle finger to those who supported the game on the Wii U, and the fact they removed it from the Wii U e-Shop is goddamn hilarious. I'll continue to vote with my wallet (i.e. not buying anything outside of Animal Crossing) this year. Do I think it's anti-consumer? Yes. But whatever, if they think ports of 7-year-old games counts as a major October release, rather than a tentpole release to keep fans ticking over between the big hitters, then so be it.

I hope it sells well, I hope it makes them a tidy profit because it is a fantastic game, but they are only pushing me away with this port garbage. I've owned every Nintendo system since the SNES, the last 18 months of the Switch have been pure awful. I'm not rebuying shit I've already beaten in recent memory. Keep going for the easy money Nintendo, should be a fun ride.

Would it have really been hard to release a Pikmin trilogy for $60 and spruce up the other two games? I mean, seven years... I can go play this game right now if wanted to, my Wii U is still hooked up. I could still download Xenoblade on Wii U's e-shop if I wanted to (or can I?) for less than a third the price of your remastered version. I honestly don't understand why are they doing this? Can they just not be arsed to give us any new games? The direct situation makes it even worse. Nothing to get excited for that isn't miles off. I really don't get it, 2017 was one of the best years in gaming and Nintendo have dropped the ball so goddamn hard in '19 and '20. Great if you never owned a Wii U, I'm sure, but, for me at least, this all just spits in the face of people who did.

My 2c.

Nintendo got a free pass with Switch because there was already a stable of great games that never found an audience on Wii U. When all of those games dry up, and they have nothing left to recycle, the new post-Iwata Nintendo will be put to the test.

They might become like Apple, still kicking but with a spark obviously missing. It's not promising when you consider that most of their great output on Switch is just a WiiU game that was finished or far in development under Iwata, with almost nothing substantial in the pipeline. Even a game like Metroid is both in development hell AND not a Nintendo-made game, but outsourced.

Is there anything of substance other than BOTW2? Assuming it won't be yet another copy/paste job?

Last edited:
Top Bottom