• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe announced for Nintendo Switch, Releases 10/30

Zog

Banned
Amazon still has it new. As does my local Walmart, Target, Shopko, and Kmart and I know that my town isn't the only one to still have them new. Hell, on Amazon you can still buy the digital code for Pikmin 3 and it still works.

As to why they delisted it? Any number of reasons such as to prevent confusion when searching online, their website store, etc. You can still buy the game, mate - so I will once again reiterate what I said prior: you are just trying to find a reason to be pissy with Nintendo. There isn't some grand conspiracy here.

They will get around to removing the digital codes from sites like Amazon, do you doubt that?

Also, do you think the physical copies are still in print or are these new copies you seem to have all over your town back stock?

Great game if you've never played it but this full price thing is getting out of hand. This should be no more that 30$. If it was 60$ for the trilogy, day 1.

The graphics look pretty much the same. Aka bad texture filtering and some really bad textures mixed in with really good texture work. I hope it at least runs at 1080 docked.

Sgt.Asher

Is the switch pikmin 3 really the more expensive version? $60 yes, but i imagine the ten people who have a wii u either already bought it or got it from club Nintendo. Then that means anyone who wants to buy the $20 version would need to buy a wii u ~$150 used. So who gives a shit the wii u version was delisted

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Is the switch pikmin 3 really the more expensive version? $60 yes, but i imagine the ten people who have a wii u either already bought it or got it from club Nintendo. Then that means anyone who wants to buy the $20 version would need to buy a wii u ~$150 used. So who gives a shit the wii u version was delisted

That would be the smart way to look at it, but people need to find reasons to be outraged.

Zog

Banned

If there are only 10 Wii U owners and they already bought Pikmin 3 then why would Nintendo bother to delist it?

Bakkus

This game feels like half a game. By the time we got to the end credits, the game should have only been halfway done.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Pikmin 3 is my favourite Wii U game. Everything about it is pure joy. Get this is you’ve never played it and you like strategy type games.

Sgt.Asher

If there are only 10 Wii U owners and they already bought Pikmin 3 then why would Nintendo bother to delist it?
Waste of resources. No need to keep it around any longer. If them delisting it upsets you so much, why don't you buy it for cheap off ebay or a pawnshop? Do you even have a wii u?

Zog

Banned
Waste of resources. No need to keep it around any longer.

'Waste of resources? You're gonna need to explain what resources are being wasted here. You know it took more effort to delist it than to leave it alone.

Did you know that Mario Kart 8 is still on the Wii U eShop? Is that a waste of resources too?

Last edited:

Poop!

So excited to hear that new Pikman expecting Pikman 4 but as someone who recently bought a WiiU and all the great games for it on the super cheap... I'm pretty disappointed.

iconmaster

Banned
Pikmin 4 has been was completed in 2015. Still hasn't released.

Yup.

Either Nintendo had given up on Wii U at that point or the game underwent a total rework. Or, it underwent a total rework because Nintendo had given up on the Wii U.

Zog

Banned
I still want Xenoblade X so I don't care about you Wii U port haters

So go buy it. It's been out for years.

I suppose you could sit on your hands while you wait for NIntendo to port it like those people who are waiting for Gamecube games on NSO.

Sgt.Asher

Yes, the wii u sold like shit. These things take up server space and bandwidth, things that cost money. Why keep it up for a game that sold 1.2 mil on a 13 mil console? Why are you so upset about this? Just buy it from a pawn shop for fucks sake

Yes, the wii u sold like shit. These things take up server space and bandwidth, things that cost money. Why keep it up for a game that sold 1.2 mil on a 13 mil console? Why are you so upset about this? Just buy it from a pawn shop for fucks sake
My friend had a similar argument earlier when we were talking about this and it makes no sense to me. Sony hasn't delisted all of their Vita games that sold probably 50K copies despite it selling roughly the same amount and also being
RIP best handheld

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

My friend had a similar argument earlier when we were talking about this and it makes no sense to me. Sony hasn't delisted all of their Vita games that sold probably 50K copies despite it selling roughly the same amount and also being
RIP best handheld
Has sony made those games available to other consoles?

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
RIP best handheld
It's also a stupid argument to talk about server space, because it's not as if they're removing the game from being redownloaded if you already purchased it. The server space for the game to be downloaded is still running and being used. They're just taking away the ability to buy it, and get it at a cheaper price, than their $60 bull shit.

I still find the Tropical Freeze Switch port to be most egregious. That game launched on Wii U at $50. Was dropped down to $20 as a Nintendo Select. Then was brought to Switch at $60. Even more than the initial price.

Zog

Banned
Yes, the wii u sold like shit. These things take up server space and bandwidth, things that cost money. Why keep it up for a game that sold 1.2 mil on a 13 mil console?

How would Pikmin 3 take up bandwidth if no one downloads it because the Wii U sold like shit and why is Mario Kart 8 still up on the Wii U eShop since the Wii U sold like shit? How about Breath of the Wild, shouldn't they be taking that down as well? You think that Nintendo is hurting for server space so they took down Pikmin 3 on the same day that they announced and put up for pre-order the Switch port? BTW, the game is still on the server because it can be redownloaded by the people who already bought it (like me).

You don't really believe that do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ
It's also a stupid argument to talk about server space, because it's not as if they're removing the game from being redownloaded if you already purchased it. The server space for the game to be downloaded is still running and being used. They're just taking away the ability to buy it, and get it at a cheaper price, than their $60 bull shit.

I still find the Tropical Freeze Switch port to be most egregious. That game launched on Wii U at $50. Was dropped down to $20 as a Nintendo Select. Then was brought to Switch at $60. Even more than the initial price.
Exactly! Unless they want to PT the game then it's still taking space on the server because they need current owners to still be able to access it. You are right on DK as well, even as someone who dislikes DK games and would have never bought it I found it proper annoying.

-Arcadia-

Banned
We can definitely say that delisting a game for an older console, to sell a new version of it, is a bit anti-consumer, but...

If you own a Wii U and really want to play Pikmin 3, what exactly have you been doing all these years? This is a 2013 game.

Then again, I guess there's enough of you for Nintendo to want to do this in the first place.

The whole thing just seems a bit bizarre to me.

Shantae

Banned
We can definitely say that delisting a game for an older console, to sell a new version of it, is a bit anti-consumer, but...

If you own a Wii U and really want to play Pikmin 3, what exactly have you been doing all these years? This is a 2013 game.

Then again, I guess there's enough of you for Nintendo to want to do this in the first place.

I already own it, so I don't have a personal stake in it. I'm just arguing for what's right by the consumer.

As someone who loves their Switch as a device, I have hated Nintendo's handling of it. From the overpriced ports, to the lack of the great VC lineup that the Wii U had. The saying that "buy nintendo systems for nintendo games" is so not the case with the Switch. If anything, I've been more disappointed by their output than anything else, and it's what's hurt the system the most. We are starving for news on new Switch games, and what do they do? announce a full price port of a 7 year old game. Fuck off Nintendo.

Sgt.Asher

Some of them yes. Wipeout, Tearaway and Gravity Rush come to mind. You also don't see Sony or Microsoft removing the PS3/360 versions of games when remasters or collections release either.
360 makes sense, i can still buy a bunch on the xbox one. Sony, i can't make a guess for them. I barely ever pay much attention to them, i only got a ps4 for dreams. And i may have jumped the shark on waste of resources I'm little drunk. It's possible Nintendo is making moves to shut down the wii u eshop

Jooxed

Gold Member
I already own it, so I don't have a personal stake in it. I'm just arguing for what's right by the consumer.

As someone who loves their Switch as a device, I have hated Nintendo's handling of it. From the overpriced ports, to the lack of the great VC lineup that the Wii U had. The saying that "buy nintendo systems for nintendo games" is so not the case with the Switch. If anything, I've been more disappointed by their output than anything else, and it's what's hurt the system the most. We are starving for news on new Switch games, and what do they do? announce a full price port of a 7 year old game. Fuck off Nintendo.

shit did I end up on the purple forum?

n56Hojt.jpg

360 makes sense, i can still buy a bunch on the xbox one. Sony, i can't make a guess for them. I barely ever pay much attention to them, i only got a ps4 for dreams. And i may have jumped the shark on waste of resources I'm little drunk. It's possible Nintendo is making moves to shut down the wii u eshop
When Sony shut down the PSP store it simply announced it giving people time to purchase anything they wanted before going offline for purchases.

You don’t remove one game at a time. You just shut them all down. This combined with the fact they took it down at the same time as their Switch port announcement is just Nintendo being greedy which shouldn’t be surprising to anyone.

This isn’t aimed at you just related to the discussion but Nintendo has built up this cult of fanboys that accept anything they do and while people continue to enable this behavior they will continue to do so.

Sgt.Asher

When Sony shut down the PSP store it simply announced it giving people time to purchase anything they wanted before going offline for purchases.

You don’t remove one game at a time. You just shut them all down. This combined with the fact they took it down at the same time as their Switch port announcement is just Nintendo being greedy which shouldn’t be surprising to anyone.

This isn’t aimed at you just related to the discussion but Nintendo has built up this cult of fanboys that accept anything they do and while people continue to enable this behavior they will continue to do so.
I get what you're saying. I suppose i don't really see this as anti consumer. No one was going to buy a wii u to download pikmin 3, especially when the discs are cheaper. I just expect all digital store fronts to eventually die. The pricing of wii u ports on the other hand, yes. There is no reason for 60$

Zog

Banned
I get what you're saying. I suppose i don't really see this as anti consumer. No one was going to buy a wii u to download pikmin 3, especially when the discs are cheaper. I just expect all digital store fronts to eventually die. The pricing of wii u ports on the other hand, yes. There is no reason for 60$

Then why did they bother to delist it (and don't say resources, that has been debunked).

Sgt.Asher

Then why did they bother to delist it (and don't say resources, that has been debunked).
Because they can, and if it upsets you so much go to a pawn shop and get it for 10 dollars. If you're mad about it being priced at $60, which i understand. Protest by buying a used copy. Those who don't have a wii u but have a switch can decide if paying ~150 for a dead console is worth paying less for a game.

Zog

Banned
Because they can, and if it upsets you so much go to a pawn shop and get it for 10 dollars. If you're mad about it being priced at $60, which i understand. Protest by buying a used copy. Those who don't have a wii u but have a switch can decide if paying ~150 for a dead console is worth paying less for a game.

Stop wasting time telling me to buy it, I already own it and have for years.

'Because they can' is about the worst reason/excuse there is. Maybe you should stop trying to defend this boneheaded move by Nintendo.

Sgt.Asher

Stop wasting time telling me to buy it, I already own it and have for years.

'Because they can' is about the worst reason/excuse there is. Maybe you should stop trying to defend this boneheaded move by Nintendo.
Then why did you ask me why they did it? I was explaining that buying a wii u for pikmin 3 is more expensive than buying it new on switch if you already own one. It's obvious that the wii u is not going to sell anymore copies of pikmin 3, but if you already have the digital version you can still re-download it. So i don't understand why people are upset.

Last edited:

Weirdest part is people flat out pretending you can't not buy it if it offends your sensibilities that much. The overlap between people who own a Wii U, has it plugged to the TV and would suddenly get a craving for some Pikmin 3 can't be very large.

However, the whole thing is very par for course on a Nintendo related thread.

carlosrox

Banned
How many people complaining about the price buy the same shitty sports games year after year?

I bought this game full price when it came out and might buy it again. What the fuck is there to be mad about?

Nintendo isn't in the business of selling their games for 5 bucks after 3 months like other companies have to.

Nintendo will almost always charge a premium for their games, even old ports, and I'm not gonna cry about it.

My honest opinion on the matter though? Yeah, it's kinda crappy, they could definitely sell it for cheaper. But again, I'm not gonna piss and moan about it.

Buy it or don't.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I am late to the party but is the First Pikmin available on Switch (or Wii) ?

Was blew away when it was announce but didn't have a Gamecube at this time. Really would like to try it.

Gifmaker

I am late to the party but is the First Pikmin available on Switch (or Wii) ?

Was blew away when it was announce but didn't have a Gamecube at this time. Really would like to try it.
Do it, it's such a charming game and great fun in multiplayer, too. You won't regret it.

Same ol G

It's been 7 years, but this is what I remember from the gamespot review, and it's accurate, gives me slight PTSD reading it again.

Using the gamepad you compromised your aiming, using the Wiimote/nunchuck you compromised your intel by having no map but had excellent aim. It was a cluster fuck nightmare. Still got high scores, despite all reviews talking about the issue because... NINTENDO!
Ok i never had those problems so i just played it with the gamepad and it was fine.
I also usually don't read gamespot reviews, i have a feeling that they are not critical but just trying to be edgy with some of the remarks they make

Last edited:
Top Bottom