• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe announced for Nintendo Switch, Releases 10/30

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
lol.

4ahwfp.jpg

Gifmaker

FINALLY.

Though I can only imagine that this is bad writing on the wall of Pikmin 4, presumably? But whatever. Pikmin 3 is such a great game that I will gladly doubledip. I hope the multiplayer will be online.

jaysius

Banned
Is Pikmin 3 any good? I love the first one, but missed this.

The controls were a god damned fucking nightmare, I remember having to lay the tablet controller on something, and switch between it and the Wiimote+chuck constantly. I don't remember why that was the way it was, but I remember all the SUPER HIGH reviews recommending that bullshit.

This is such shitty news, they'll sell this for full price too, despite it being VERY OLD.

We deserve Pikmin 4 by now Nintendo, I just fucking give up, my Switch is packed away gathering dust, this fixes nothing.

Last edited:

zombrex

Disappointing as a previous WiiU owner.
That said Pikmin 3 is a very good game but was a bit too easy, so hopefully the multiple difficulty modes is a new harder / remixed mode. That would actually make me interested.

Bridges

Is Pikmin 3 any good? I love the first one, but missed this.
Personally, it was my favorite Pikmin and favorite Wii U game. It was pretty heavy on GamePad integration though, so I'm unsure if it will play as well as the original release. Either way, I highly recommend it, it's a fantastic game.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The controls were a god damned fucking nightmare, I remember having to lay the tablet controller on something, and switch between it and the pro controller constantly. I don't remember why that was the way it was, but I remember all the SUPER HIGH reviews recommending that bullshit.

This is such shitty news, they'll sell this for full price too, despite it being VERY OLD.

We deserve Pikmin 4 by now Nintendo, I just fucking give up, my Switch is packed away gathering dust, this fixes nothing.
The Wii Mote was a tool that worked wonders for some games (and bad for others). Pikmin 3 is one of those.

Jeeves

Personally, it was my favorite Pikmin and favorite Wii U game. It was pretty heavy on GamePad integration though, so I'm unsure if it will play as well as the original release. Either way, I highly recommend it, it's a fantastic game.
I remember hearing people say it played best with wiimote+nunchuk, which is also how I was playing it.

I got distracted at the time and didn't get very far into it, I guess I may as well buy it on a console that I actually keep hooked up.

anab0lic36

I only ever got a few levels in when I played it on Wii U, which I no longer own, nice to have the option to go back to it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I only played a few levels of it on the WiiU, but it seemed cool. I'll buy it.

Ports ports ports ports ports ports

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This game was such a bomb that I got it for free after buying Mario Kart 8.

Cool for those who haven't played it, but a touch-compatible Trilogy would've been better. Not really pleased with these incremental Deluxe versions passed off as "core" releases.

Allandor

After all this time just Pikmin 3???

Nintendo really let me wish I never had a WiiU. This is really frustrating if you already played most switch nintendo games.
What is there problem this time? Pikmin 3 came so late, because Nintendo didn't know it is so hard to create HD content ....
And after all those year's they haven't figured out how to create a successor to all their games?

Don't get me wrong, Pikmin 3 is really a great game, but I expected more after 7 years.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Excited to jump in. Now they just need to sell more game vouchers.

After all of these ports they better maintain backwards compatibility going forward.

Last edited:
Hasn't Pikmin 4 supposedly been ready to release for years now? Where the hell is it.

Saying that, I am pleased to give 3 a go. Never played it on Wii U.

Fbh

Yeah I also got this one for "free" on WiiU (don't remember how, I think it was with the coin thingy).

Game is Ok but nothing special.

Does this support Smart Delivery?

Lul

Yep.
You just need to pay $60 to activate the feature*
*It deactivates after 1 game and need to be re-activated for $60

Top Bottom