• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Pick a game genre to be developed by Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony for their console

Castef

Mambar
Sep 7, 2011
Italy
it.ign.com
Very simple: pick a game genre for each of the "Big Three" in the console market to be developed into a AAA game.

For instance, a game type (and just one) you feel it is missing from their respective lineups.

--

For me:

Microsoft: a full-fledged platform game a-la Banjo Kazooie (yes, they had an excellent start with Psychonauts 2)
Nintendo: a card game (filled with Nintendo characters-IPs)
Sony: a "classic" fantasy RPG (a-la Dungeons & Dragons)

STARSBarry

Gold Member
May 19, 2019
Nintendo

A futuristic racer probably featuring some sort of hover cars traveling at 700 miles an hour. Will include a dude who randomly yells "BRUUUUUUUU FALCOWN!" I could totally see Nintendo making something like this because they sure as hell haven't for near two decades.

Markio128

Jul 8, 2018
I can see Sony doing something with a baddy who has a triangular shaped head.
Castef Castef - love the avatar - I would be buzzing if one of the big 3 decided to remake Paradroid. Such a brilliant, simple game. Uridium was also a classic in my eyes.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Sep 30, 2019
Sony -FPS preferably a new Resistance or a remake of Resistance 3, Killzone 2 also works (Sony has some FPS games coming from partnerships though)

Microsoft -A platformer like a new Blinx or Banjo Kazooie, A new JRPG like Lost Odyssey

Nintendo -A realistic horror game

Last edited:

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
Nintendo- I want a first party horror title that could rival the best...made by the Mario and Metroid team and their insane polish

Microsoft - I want an original "walking simulator" AKA third person action adventure with the funding MS could provide - By A combo of Rare and Doublefine

Sony - I want an openworld JRPG with the budget of GOW or Horizon and the freedom to take down your enemies with a wide array of magic and weapons - by a combo of Sony Santa Monica and SuckerPunch

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Reactions: b6a6es and arvfab

arvfab

Dec 4, 2020
Nintendo- I want a first party horror title that could rival the best...made by the Mario and Metroid team and their insane polish

Microsoft - I want an original "walking simulator" AKA third person action adventure with the funding MS could provide - By A combo of Rare and Doublefine

Sony - I want an openworld JRPG with the budget of GOW or Horizon and the freedom to take down your enemies with a wide array of magic and weapons - by a combo of Sony Santa Monica and SuckerPunch

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Came to say the same, nothing to add here.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Jan 1, 2009
Jim.
Nintendo

A futuristic racer probably featuring some sort of hover cars traveling at 700 miles an hour. Will include a dude who randomly yells "BRUUUUUUUU FALCOWN!" I could totally see Nintendo making something like this because they sure as hell haven't for near two decades.
enhance nic cage GIF

Also as for my suggestions.
I just want everyone to have fun and get on well together.

Nintendo to do a first person horror shooter with sci-fi elements
Or wrestling game.

MS to make a visual novel

Sony to make a minecraft style game.

Last edited:

Castef

Mambar
Sep 7, 2011
Italy
it.ign.com
I can see Sony doing something with a baddy who has a triangular shaped head.
Castef Castef - love the avatar - I would be buzzing if one of the big 3 decided to remake Paradroid. Such a brilliant, simple game. Uridium was also a classic in my eyes.
Also, Paradroid would perfectly translate in a roguelike by today's trends. :)

• Strength
Reactions: Markio128

Yoboman

Sep 17, 2005
Sony - a single player FPS to fill the void of Half Life, Bioshock etc.

MS - a Motorstorm rip off from Playground Games

Nintendo - a AAA Pokemon RPG in the vein of Dragon Quest by Monolith

Pantz

Sep 21, 2006
Microsoft - MMORPG, classic community driven style, free premium membership to Game Pass subscribers

Nintendo - Some kinda Sexy Cyberpunk WRPG similar to the first Deus Ex but with more cartoony Nintendo style graphics.

Sony - SOCOM

Gameplaylover

Jul 26, 2021
Sony: non-cinematic first person multiplayer RPG shooter
Microsoft: Open word GTA clone with good combat gameplay
Nintendo: Boxing game

geary

Jul 23, 2020
Wasn't The Medium that type a game?

BadBurger

Nov 6, 2019
Get vaccinated
Xbox: Erotic point and click adventure game, art style like the Marvel What If? show

Sony: Erotic point and click adventure game, art style like the Final Fantasy VII remake

Nintendo: Erotic point and click adventure game, art style like the Super Mario Games but with all anthropomorphic animal characters

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: IKSTUGA

Woopah

Jun 15, 2019
Xbox: Resurrect Banjo so we can have more 3D platformers

Sony: Character action game (a la DMC or Bayonetta) by Sony Santa Monica

Nintendo: FPS with a unique twist by EPD5 (the Splatoon team)

brian0057

Jun 18, 2018
I'm honestly Ok with Nintendo's current output.
Maybe a new Eternal Darkness but that's about it.

For Microsoft, get Bioware back from EA so they can develop good RPGs once again. God know XBOX sorely needs RPGs.

I don't care for Sony and their games at all.

Duchess

Oct 2, 2020
Sony - a post apoc ... oh, wait.

MS - A racing g ... fuck

Nintendo - Something cute that families wi ...

Oh, never mind. I'm bad at this.

yurinka

Jan 19, 2007
Barcelona, Spain
www.capcom-town.es
Nintendo - futuristic antigravity arcade racer (bring F-Zero back)
Microsoft - Non-GaaS Uncharted-like AAA single player spectacular set pieces fueled narrative 3rd person action adventure (Perfect Dark, Indiana Jones and Gears would be good candidates to cover it)
Sony - futuristic antigravity arcade racer (bring Wipeout back)

* Bonus track: Sony - fighting games to take advantage of the EVO acquisition and related eSports / tournaments / FGC recently implemented features (buy ARC System Works)

Last edited: