• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Xbox Series S|X will be supply constrained until 2023.

jm89

Lol thank you for another link proving why the ps5 is supply constrained in the uk. Ao are selling an expensive bundle cause the other week when they sold it standalone, that shit sold out within minutes. Alot of retailers are doing this now.

Also I just love how your bogus excuse for Xbox being contrained was so bad now you've turned the discussion to ps5.

Constrained doesn't mean unavailable. What's going on in this thread...
Well apparently you can purchase a Series console anywhere in any shop across the world according to these clowns, but the PS5 is unavailable anywhere right? Makes you wonder how they have sold any PS5's at all? Seriously the stupidity on display is worrying, just because you find Series consoles in stock in certain places (PS5 can also be found although less likely) doesn't mean its not supply constrained, OK clowns? You understand Rivet?

Riky

$MSFT
Lol thank you for another link proving why the ps5 is supply constrained in the uk. Ao are selling an expensive bundle cause the other week when they sold it standalone, that shit sold out within minutes. Alot of retailers are doing this now.

Also I just love how your bogus excuse for Xbox being contrained was so bad now you've turned the discussion to ps5.
Can you buy one? Yes
I didn't turn it to PS5, you did by saying that it was really constrained, try reading your own posts.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Lol are you serious ? It's in front of your head. I just put one in my cart on Amazon Fr 10 seconds ago. Do you have an account on Amazon Fr ?

Go to nowinstock.net if in doubt, you'll see Amazon Fr on Fr tracker says "In Stock".
Everyone commends yours and the other Sony warriors efforts, but it is obvious what he meant.

Yes you can find some stock now, but it is obvious that they have seen what they can procure for the holiday period and it is not enough for their projections.

I should imagine that a lot of manufacturers are expecting shortfalls in the stock that they want to buy and sell to consumers this year

Last edited:

jm89

Can you buy one? Yes
I didn't turn it to PS5, you did by saying that's it was really constrained, try reading your own posts.
Nope it was you bought the ps5 nto discussion. This is what you posted.

I had no problem getting a PS5, doesn't make it not constrained as Amazon the biggest retailer shows. Come Xmas it will be sold out, Series S probably too just like last year.

Your bogus excuse for xbox series x being supply contrained in the uk didn't work, now you taking the discussion somewhere else.

Riky

$MSFT

Your bogus excuse for xbox series x being supply contrained in the uk didn't work, now you taking the discussion somewhere else.

Taking nowhere at all, constrained doesn't mean impossible to get, like I just proved by linking you to a PS5 in stock right now.
Doesn't mean it isn't constrained, I'm not saying it isn't.

Last edited:

They are not widely available here, so yes they are supply constrained.

jm89

Taking nowhere at all, constrained doesn't mean impossible to get, like I just proved by linking you to a PS5 in stock right now.
Doesn't mean it isn't constrained, I'm not saying it isn't.
Lol oh man he just keep repeating the sameline, hoping it will become true. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

No trust me it means the series x isn't constrained. I'll post the links for you again, and why the series x staying in stock at major retailers since spring constantly means your bogus line doesn't work.

Riky

$MSFT
Lol oh man he just keep repeating the sameline, hoping it will become true. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

No trust me it means the series x isn't constrained. I'll post the links for you again, and why the series x staying in stock at major retailers since spring constantly means your bogus line doesn't work.

I don't think you know what constrained means🤣

jm89

I don't think you know what constrained means🤣
Here from a dictionary.

"severely restricted in scope, extent, or activity."

No show me where in the uk the xbox series x stock mathches that?

Heres a clue to find the answer, refer to my previous if you forgot. Cause i know you did :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GHG

Gold Member
Well apparently you can purchase a Series console anywhere in any shop across the world according to these clowns, but the PS5 is unavailable anywhere right? Makes you wonder how they have sold any PS5's at all? Seriously the stupidity on display is worrying, just because you find Series consoles in stock in certain places (PS5 can also be found although less likely) doesn't mean its not supply constrained, OK clowns? You understand Rivet?

So basically when the console becomes unconstrained and there's a huge dump of supply on to the market the already sizable discounts we're already witnessing in some countries will get even bigger?

The best deal in gaming is about to get betterest.

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

jm89

Amazon UK, they haven't got any, like I said originally.
Ok.... i guess we are repeating the same discussion. Lets take it slowly this time so you don't get lost or forget.

There are other major retailers in the uk other than amazon....

They have stock....

You can buy that stock....

Let's take breather here.

And that stock has been available for months.

Without any contraints now or months ago.

We did it yay. 🎉

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Ok.... i guess we are repeating the same discussion. Lets take it slowly this time so you don't get lost or forget.

There are other major retailers in the uk other than amazon....

They have stock....

You can but that stock....

Let's take breather here.

And that stock has been available for months.

Without any contraints.

We did it yay. 🎉

I'll take it even slower for you, constrained doesn't mean impossible to get, I've just showed you the biggest retailer in the UK hasn't got any, if it wasn't in any way constrained they would, surely that's simple even for you?

I've even shown you a retailer with a PS5 in stock right now, that doesn't make it not constrained.

Also when Spencer is talking about being constrained he is not just talking about this very second, he is talking about the run to Christmas and being available through the biggest selling period. This isn't hard to understand.

I'll take it even slower for you, constrained doesn't mean impossible to get, I've just showed you the biggest retailer in the UK hasn't got any, if it wasn't in any way constrained they would, surely that's simple even for you?

I've even shown you a retailer with a PS5 in stock right now, that doesn't make it not constrained.

Also when Spencer is talking about being constrained he is not just talking about this very second, he is talking about the run to Christmas and being available through the biggest selling period. This isn't hard to understand.
Mate it's like talking to a brick wall you're wasting your time, they know exactly what they are doing and it's pretty pathetic 🙄

jm89

This has to be the stupidest shit i've read in a while. So if something goes out of stock on amazon it's constrained?

You understand a shit ton of other products go out of stock on amazon does that mean it's contrained? Learn how retail works, amazon won't alway have everything in stock all the time and that hasn't nothing to do being constrained.

Like i said again look at the wider market.

Lol i can't man this dumbassery is next level :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Supply constraints again do not mean unavailable any where on the earth. Finding an example of a system in a store or on a website doesn't mean an executive was 'lying' about a systems availability. Until you can go into a random retailer and easily find a particular product it absolutely can be supply constrained.

Hi guys.

So nice back and forth here, but maybe has anyone ever considered that Phil may have data that we don't have that would make him say this?

He must be seeing that xbox stock isn't meeting quota in several areas for him to give the news that supply won't improve until 2023. He wouldn't have a reason to say this otherwise, technically, this is Phil giving people negative news not positive news, that supply won't get better until 2023. So it wouldn't make sense for him to lie about that since he would want more consoles to be sold surely?

So there has to be at some form of constraint somewhere for him to feel the need to let people know things won't get better until 2023.

Riky

$MSFT
Hi guys.

So nice back and forth here, but maybe has anyone ever considered that Phil may have data that we don't have that would make him say this?

He must be seeing that xbox stock isn't meeting quota in several areas for him to give the news that supply won't improve until 2023. He wouldn't have a reason to say this otherwise, technically, this is Phil giving people negative news not positive news, that supply won't get better until 2023. So it wouldn't make sense for him to lie about that since he would want more consoles to be sold surely?

So there has to be at some form of constraint somewhere for him to feel the need to let people know things won't get better until 2023.

He obviously knows they aren't going to meet demand this Christmas, same as last year. Series S was in stock for months back then and then it went out of stock at Christmas.

Hi guys.

When in doubt just put your trust in Phil Spencer, It's not like he has a long history of lying, underdelivering, spinning or anything like that. He's just an all around trustworthy fella, he uses game related shirts and everything.

Last edited:

Menzies

Banned
He obviously knows they aren't going to meet demand this Christmas, same as last year. Series S was in stock for months back then and then it went out of stock at Christmas.
Was going to post the same. Not sure why we have a thread of people sharing anecdotal retail stories and sure, Jan.gifs of the stock situation in August? Unless somethings changed recently, consoles tend to need a large boost of supply around holidays...

PaintTinJr

His wording is interesting in that he only says: "I still think demand will outstrip supply for us this holiday".

So despite shipping a lot less than the competition since launch, this is still just a prediction, which means if it doesn't end up true, what does that mean about the series consoles' long term performance?

Personally I think his statement is going to be true more because they probably haven't got any more chip capacity in real terms than they had at the start or the gen, because as they increase the split more towards Series X fabrication, they actual get less chips - unless they increase their fabrication capacity - because they get more Series S chips per wafer than X. So I would expect they will have a bigger percentage of XsX available, which will all get sold (in North America) and their XsS supply will be scaling back at a time when unsatisfied XsX demand spills over to the XsS and wipes out that stock too.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Here from a dictionary.

"severely restricted in scope, extent, or activity."

No show me where in the uk the xbox series x stock mathches that?

Heres a clue to find the answer, refer to my previous if you forgot. Cause i know you did :messenger_tears_of_joy:

do you have stock levels yourself to prove that theory? and what is normal stock levels?

jm89

do you have stock levels yourself to prove that theory? and what is normal stock levels?
The whole discussion started with someone saying they couldn't buy a series x from a retail store or see one and apparantley it was constrained. We don't need to retailer stocks levels to prove either of those are not true.

MScarpa

When in doubt just put your trust in Phil Spencer, It's not like he has a long history of lying, underdelivering, spinning or anything like that. He's just an all around trustworthy fella, he uses game related shirts and everything.

Dude give it a rest man. It's not like you own an Xbox. I don't understand your obsession with Phil Spencer. This shit is getting old bro.

EDIT. I didn't see the Ban, nevermind.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Maybe, that's why Microsoft was ok with the Forza, Redfall, Starfield delay. Because by the time those come out in 1st half of 2023, there will be enough consoles for to sell. Maybe Microsoft feared having those games launch in 2022 would result in upset fans who wouldn't be able to find a console to play Forza or Starfield and so on.
This is pretty much what Spencer said when Halo Infinite was delayed. Xbox was selling out anyway so they wouldn't have sold more even if Halo Infinite made it for launch. But yeah, 2022 is not great for Xbox exclusives.

When we get into 2023 you'll start to see more that supply is catching up. You might see [an Xbox Series console] when you walk in the store."
Is this an old article? I see Xbox series in stores since last year. Specially Series S lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom