• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Xbox Series S|X will be supply constrained until 2023.

jm89

Why are these threads always full of the same Sony megafanboys claiming that the X is available everywhere?

I see the S all the time, but I have never seen an X in the wild. Yet they always do?
I just love how you guys blatantly ignore evidence. Read my post above and you will see how easy you can get from stores in the uk.

Stuart360

Why are these threads always full of the same Sony megafanboys claiming that the X is available everywhere?

I see the S all the time, but I have never seen an X in the wild. Yet they always do?
Well i was told earlier that you may not of seen a XSX on store shelves, but stores have them in the back (for some reason), and you have do a secret handshake to a store worker and ask them to sneak you one from the back, apparently.

Kagey K

Banned
For my fellow Canadian GAFers out there looking for a Series X. My local Best Buy & Walmart were stacked with mostly Series S' & a few Series X's, never saw a PS5. Got mine through a lucky Best Buy drop (in-store pickup only).

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
Here's a PS5 for Canadians looking.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gami...en-west-bundle-with-2-controllers/p/108101563

Rivet

PS5 HFW bundles are available on PlayStation Direct right now. Guess the shortages are over and consoles have stopped selling.

PS5 is starting to become more available too yes. Who said the opposite ?

But compare the trackers and PS5 is definitely less available around the world than Series consoles. Series S has been available for months, when there was zero PS5 to be found.

jm89

Well i was told earlier that you may not of seen a XSX on store shelves, but stores have them in the back (for some reason), and you have do a secret handshake to a store worker and ask them to sneak you one from the back, apparently.
Smh alot of retail stores in the uk are changing and operate differently. It's nothing to do with sneaking good grief.

Leyasu

Banned
I just love how you guys blatantly ignore evidence. Read my post above and you will see how easy you can get from stores in the uk.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Okay. You should buy some and sell them on.

Spyxos

In Germany(Berlin) in my local electronic store Saturn it is on shelves since November or December 2021 and the mountain of SeriesX is getting bigger every time i am there.

Stuart360

Smh alot of retail stores in the uk are changing and operate differently. It's nothing to do with sneaking good grief.
And what percentage of the average consumer do you think goes into a store to buy a console, sees none on display, then goes and asks a coworker if they have any in the back?, i mean some will, but most wont.
Besides I, and others, were talking about OUR experience of seeing XSX sat on store shelves, not stocked away in the back, or online, etc.

But compare the trackers and PS5 is definitely less available around the world than Series consoles.
Phil Said that that the Xbox Series consoles were supply constrained.

Not that they were more supply constrained than the PS5.

That seems to be where your issue is.

Kagey K

Banned
In Germany(Berlin) in my local electronic store Saturn it is on shelves since November or December 2021 and the mountain of SeriesX is getting bigger every time i am there.
Why would the store continue to order more if they aren't selling the ones they have?

You know MS just doesn't show up at the door and demand they buy them right?

Aenima

PS5 is starting to become more available too yes. Who said the opposite ?

But compare the trackers and PS5 is definitely less available around the world than Series consoles. Series S has been available for months, when there was zero PS5 to be found.
Here in Portugal i never saw the Series S going out of stock since launch. The Series X was easy available at launch and for around 2 or 3 months, then went out of stock as well untill recently. PS5 was available at launch for 10 minutes (window when i bought mine) then went out of stock and right now is the only console that remains out of stock. Both Series consoles are available in all online stores now.

Spyxos

Why would the store continue to order more if they aren't selling the ones they have?

You know MS just doesn't show up at the door and demand they buy them right?
I never said they didn't sell. Just that there are plenty of them. And the packaging always looks brand new no dust on it at all.

Leyasu

Banned
Of course, Microsoft just stuffing Germany instead of redirecting stock to better markets.

Robb

Gold Member
Sure - and so will Ps5 and Switch, most likely. This is barely even news at this point. Come back to me when you can say that the console will be readily available instead.

Spyxos

Of course, Microsoft just stuffing Germany instead of redirecting stock to better markets.
All I can say is that every time I'm there, there are also plenty of SeriesX consoles. I don't know if it's just this one Saturn, but it doesn't look like it. Funnily enough, there are also less SeriesS consoles than X.

Rivet

Phil Said that that the Xbox Series consoles were supply constrained.

Not that they were more supply constrained than the PS5.

That seems to be where your issue is.

I wouldn't call something that is so easy to get online "supply constrained", though I agree physical stores may be a different story. Everybody has access to internet these days. If they wanted a Series console, it would take them 5 minutes to order one online.

I guess it depends on your definition of "constrained".

jm89

And what percentage of the average consumer do you think goes into a store to buy a console, sees none on display, then goes and asks a coworker if they have any in the back?, i mean some will, but most wont.
Besides I, and others, were talking about OUR experience of seeing XSX sat on store shelves, not stocked away in the back, or online, etc.
Whether it be available on a shelf or out in the back, isn't the whole point that you can walk into a store and buy one?

I get it alot of customer will walk into a store and won't have a clue if they have one, but that's a seperate issue of why stores aren't making stock visible or atleast marketing to tell people they have it in stock.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
I wouldn't call something that is so easy to get online "supply constrained", though I agree physical stores may be a different story. Everybody has access to internet these days. If they wanted a Series console, it would take them 5 minutes to order one online.

You have zero credibility. Stick to giving lol emoji’s and Sony threads. Seriously.

Saying that though, I just looked on Amazon fr and the XsX is in stock lol

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
All I can say is that every time I'm there, there are also plenty of SeriesX consoles. I don't know if it's just this one Saturn, but it doesn't look like it. Funnily enough, there are also less SeriesS consoles than X.
I am in France which is PlayStation land, and both XsX and the ps5 are mere myths.

You have no idea how much stock for those consoles are on those online stores, so how would you know the X online isn't constrained? if a bunch of people who can't find them in retailer stores all started to switch to MS store and Amazon.com there would be no stock there either. Different demographics shop at different locations for different categories.

jm89

Amazon UK has one used Series X in stock at this moment, so it comes in and out of stock just like everything supply constrained. Constrained doesn't mean impossible to get.
How about checking other retailers? In no way is series x constrained in the uk. Hasn't been in months.

Rivet

Amazon UK has one used Series X in stock at this moment, so it comes in and out of stock just like everything supply constrained. Constrained doesn't mean impossible to get.

One guy gave two links to get one new in the UK. Didn't you read that ?

Here you go you can order your Series X from argos :

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8448262?clickSR=slp:term:xbox series x:1:319:1

Or smyths :

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-gaming/xbox-series-x-|-s/xbox-series-x-|-s-consoles/xbox-series-x-1tb-console/p/192012

Where's the constrain ? You guys crack me up, I hope you're paid to do that...

Last edited:

Rivet

I'm not seeing an XSX available for sale there.

Lol are you serious ? It's in front of your head. I just put one in my cart on Amazon Fr 10 seconds ago. Do you have an account on Amazon Fr ?

Go to nowinstock.net if in doubt, you'll see Amazon Fr on Fr tracker says "In Stock".

jm89

Like I said constrained doesn't mean impossible, Amazon is the biggest retailer and they haven't got any, simple.
You can use your pointless constrained doesn't mean impossible line as much you like it ain't constrained, you can walk into a store and buy that shit or order it online for months, as far as back as spring.

Argos, Smyths, Currys are massive retailers in the uk, they have the most stores behind only supermarkets. And they've had it for ages.

Just check nowinstock or any other tracker, they're available in a lot of places now. They're not supply constrained at all. Or if supply is low, then demand is even lower.
You really are a silly person 🤣 the constant trolling must be tiresome by now surely? The stupid laughing emoji you put at the bottom of anyone who says anything remotely positive about xbox.

Riky

$MSFT
You can use your pointless constrained doesn't mean impossible line as much you like it ain't constrained, you can walk into a store and buy that shit or order it online for months, as far as back as spring.

Argos, Smyths, Currys are massive retailers in the uk, they have the most stores behind only supermarkets. And they've had it for ages.

I had no problem getting a PS5, doesn't make it not constrained as Amazon the biggest retailer shows. Come Xmas it will be sold out, Series S probably too just like last year.

Codes 208

Are they though? In the last five times ive been to a target ive found two.

Ive found more damn series X’s than ps4’s (and about as many SS as switches)

Rivet

Yes, those guys are so crazy. People gave all the links to buy one right now, for all the main countries all over the world, and they're still contesting what their own eyes see. That's hilarious.

Must be some kind of astroturfing, or the MS ambassador program. If they could bribe Digital Foundry and Polygon, I don't see why they couldn't buy a few poor souls on this place.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
They're on shelves basically everywhere.

Filling shelves more ain't going to do more, unless retailers do discounts, which we already started seeing.
Oh hey, it's that guy who's got nothing better to do with his time than put lol reactions on every xbox related thread.

Topher

Gold Member
Lol are you serious ? It's in front of your head. I just put one in my cart on Amazon Fr 10 seconds ago. Do you have an account on Amazon Fr ?

Go to nowinstock.net if in doubt, you'll see Amazon Fr on Fr tracker says "In Stock".

nowinstock can say whatever it wants, but this is what I see on Amazon France:

hml2hyJ.png

This is what I see for items that are in stock:

KoCEufA.png

Series S in the States has been very available (at least online) since 2022 began , even before to a lesser extent.

Series X was very hard to find before maybe mid 2022 , now it's pretty easy to find one online and non bundle. Still not easy to walk in a store and just buy one though.

What's surprising me is Gamestop almost never has the Series X and when they do its a damned bundle. I've seen them used for $460 once briefly. But in terms of a new non bundle Series X not once , while Walmart, best buy , Amazon, and some others routinely have them for months.
It's annoying because I have $240ish on a decent switch trade in from last October and am planning on putting it towards the X , but it's never in stock. They need to give up the ghost and sell non bundles.

I just got an invitation to buy the horizon ps5 bundle from Amazon. Pretty tempting but I really really hate the design, it's a monstrosity and takes up way too much space . Series X isn't much better but at least you can put it on either side without some cheesy plate/holder. I will just wait for a redesign since God of War is the only near term game that interests me and it'll play fine on my ps4 pro.

I fully expect both ps5 sku's and the Series X to be hard to find by November however. Then guessing by February 2023 all Xbox and ps5s will be very easy to find hopefully for good.

jm89

I had no problem getting a PS5, doesn't make it not constrained as Amazon the biggest retailer shows. Come Xmas it will be sold out, Series S probably too just like last year.
It's not about your or me able to buy one, it's about the wider market.

Amazon have invite only system for ps5 you know why? cause that shit is actually constrained.

Rivet

nowinstock can say whatever it wants, but this is what I see on Amazon France:

hml2hyJ.png

This is what I see for items that are in stock:

KoCEufA.png

You can put the Series X in your cart, I just did it 2 minutes ago. Do you want a screenshot ?

Just click on "Ajouter au panier".

Top Bottom