• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer talks about upcoming first party projects in podcast

Tulipanzo

Cross gen is only for the first year, even Hellblade II page only says "Xbox Series X".
2021 is still first year, and HB2 is most definitely not 2021 (UE5 is not available to partners yet) and they've been very reluctant to clarify that statement.
Worst case scenario, some devs may still be making X1 titles even after the "Booty years".

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
2021 is still first year, and HB2 is most definitely not 2021 (UE5 is not available to partners yet) and they've been very reluctant to clarify that statement.
Worst case scenario, some devs may still be making X1 titles even after the "Booty years".
There is no directive from Microsoft to make Xbox One games, it was only for first party. The Medium is a third party launch exclusive that is console exclusive to Xbox Series X.

Tulipanzo

There is no directive from Microsoft to make Xbox One games, it was only for first party. The Medium is a third party launch exclusive that is console exclusive to Xbox Series X.
Yeah, but Forza 8 and Horizon 5 would be first parties, and the directive is there for MS Studios.
I find it very disappointing for their studios, and The Medium and Scorn scarcely make up for it.

Bernkastel

Yeah, but Forza 8 and Horizon 5 would be first parties, and the directive is there for MS Studios.
I find it very disappointing for their studios, and The Medium and Scorn scarcely make up for it.
They said it because some games like Halo Infinite have been in development since 2015. The rule is vague, not a directive, Forza games are not coming to Xbox One like Hellblade II.
HB2 is most definitely not 2021 (UE5 is not available to partners yet)
Studios like Ninja Theory probably already have early builds. RoboBlitz(along with the OG Gears of War) was a Unreal Engine 3 launch title, Daylight was released a month after Unreal Engine 4 came out.

Tulipanzo

They said it because some games like Halo Infinite have been in development since 2015. The rule is vague, not a directive, Forza games are not coming to Xbox One like Hellblade II.
It would have been fine, had it just been Halo Infinite, but it is a directive, as Booty said, and they never came out calrifying otherwise.
We know basically nothing about Forza, (in fact, WC still supposes it could be 2020), so I don't get how you can claim that.
More then happy if they shitcan the policy mind you, but they're seemingly not.

Studios like Ninja Theory probably already have early builds. RoboBlitz(along with the OG Gears of War) was a Unreal Engine 3 launch title, Daylight was released a month after Unreal Engine 4 came out.
They don't, they explicitly said UE5 is not available to partners yet.
Unreal Engine 3 had been in development for 3 years WHEN GoW was announced, and 4 when it released, and a similar timescale applies to UE4. Both of those games were also evidently more far ahead than HB2, which was more of a teaser.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

We know basically nothing about Forza, (in fact, WC still supposes it could be 2020), so I don't get how you can claim that.
Its not coming in 2020. They are changing everything including the engine.
It still too early.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It still too early.

I know what I must do then...

tenor.gif

geordiemp

I wish MS would revive stuff like Ninja Gaiden again or do something like mass effect, the 360 glory days. Hellblade is right direction, so is fable.

We get enough 3rd party shooters for every taste anyway from COD to BF, from Destiny to rainbow six and division. I dont have time to play every shooter there are too many.

Tulipanzo

It still too early.
It would still be cross-gen coming in 2021*, but if they are changing the whole engine then yes, it might be later and avoid being forced to run on X1, thankfully.

*This is the part that would be much easier, would MS just confirm what Booty meant

Bernkastel

Some of us are not able to read tweeter links for various reasons. Would you be able to screenshot the tweets or copy paste their text? Your updates are appreciated by the way.
From Craig Duncan
"The problem with doing late night Teams calls with my Xbox Game Studios team in the states is now I’m wide awake and in work mode when I should be switching off and going to sleep! "

Dory16

Banned
From Craig Duncan
"The problem with doing late night Teams calls with my Xbox Game Studios team in the states is now I’m wide awake and in work mode when I should be switching off and going to sleep! "
I see. I’m assuming Rare will have something related to Everwild at the July event. They have been slept on a lot lately and they will have an opportunity to remind people what they’re capable of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom