• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer talks about upcoming first party projects in podcast

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

• Hellblade might have been at X019. Other stuffs got pushed back for Series X/Hellblade 2 reveal. "There will be other events." Clarifies that its hard to look at a show coming up where they wont announce a game or two. Some hints that Playground games might have a future reveal and a possible Initiative tease. Basically, they will be announcing a new game each event.
  • Obsidian is working on a 'cool stuff'.
  • Talks about Compulsions recent documentary indicating their next project will be 'creative' with good budget(Phil says not to sleep on their creativity).
  • They have never had consoles at home this far in advance of launch (they are not behind schedule).
  • Buying Minecraft is beyond Xbox's budget, it was due to Microsoft(that cancels out all CDPR speculations). But Phil liked it and was in agreement with that idea. There are also other Minecraft Projects(he said 'may be some other things' when talking about Minecraft Earth and Minecraft Dungeons).
  • Game Pass is sustainable and is doing very well.
  • 40:31 Xbox 360 slim and then backwards compatibility talk
Bonus
  • Phil is already level 900 at Destiny 2

Bernkastel

Well
swery-white-owls.jpg

Last edited:
It seems so. They said they are gonna get an Asian studio.
It seems so. They said they are gonna get an Asian studio.
Ohhh, They made D4. I remember the creator said on Twitter that "D4 was selling like complete shit". Said he would pay some useres some $ just to buy it. I send him a message telling him that I'd buy it, just to support his game. Good times

SleepDoctor

Banned
Why do people sometimes view straight news post as "overhype". This has to be posted somewhere. I didnt even make a new thread.

"Reggie and phil together, dont miss for a good cause"

They say that like we're going miss out on something big. I don't even know who reggie is, again overselling the interview. Just announce an interview and that's it. No need for the extra shit.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I've seen his face but didn't know his name. I don't follow Nintendo nor did i even keep up with all these "insiders" or whatever before frequenting here more often.

He was one of the headline presenters in the Nintendo E3 conferences in the last 12+ years... “My Body Is Ready” Reggie... Oh well... time flies for all I guess.

Gravemind

They say that like we're going miss out on something big. I don't even know who reggie is, again overselling the interview. Just announce an interview and that's it. No need for the extra shit.

Seriously dude?

They're raising money for charity with that stream. That's what they mean by "dont miss it, it's for a good cause". Promoting a charity stream is considered "overhype" now? Saying a fundraiser is a good cause is overselling it? I really dont think so.

You're reaching so far with that.

Last edited:

You really don't know who Reggie is?
I am an 45 y o fart who doesn't even care much about video games anymore, and even I know who Reggie is.

Also, why the hate towards some news?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what to expect, not much really. Microsoft never discloses a lot of information during 3rd party podcasts, maybe the date of their June event will be shared.

Bernkastel

FINANCIAL SUPERVISION COMMISSION
Current report No.27/2020
Date of preparation:2020-06-08
Abbreviated name of the issuer
BLOOBER TEAM S.A.
Topic
Selection of "short list" advisors in a potential M&A process for Bloober Team S.A.
Legal basis
Joke. Article 17 (1) of Regulation (EEC) No 20 1 MAR - confidential information.
Content of the report:
Following the current ESPI report No. 20 of 5 May 2020, the management board of Bloober Team S.A. with its registered office in Krakow (hereinafter referred to as the "Issuer" or "the Company") makes public that it has made the choice of the so-called " "Short list" advisors to support the potential M&A process. Among the selected entities are 3 from the United States, 2 from Poland and one from the United Kingdom. The Issuer shall inform the Issuer immediately of the final selection of the advisor by a separate report.

SIGNATURES OF PERSONS REPRESENTING THE COMPANY
DateNamePosition/FunctionSignature
2020-06-08Peter BabienoCeo

Bloober Team might be bought by Microsoft soon.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

FINANCIAL SUPERVISION COMMISSION
Current report No.27/2020
Date of preparation:2020-06-08
Abbreviated name of the issuer
BLOOBER TEAM S.A.
Topic
Selection of "short list" advisors in a potential M&A process for Bloober Team S.A.
Legal basis
Joke. Article 17 (1) of Regulation (EEC) No 20 1 MAR - confidential information.
Content of the report:
Following the current ESPI report No. 20 of 5 May 2020, the management board of Bloober Team S.A. with its registered office in Krakow (hereinafter referred to as the "Issuer" or "the Company") makes public that it has made the choice of the so-called " "Short list" advisors to support the potential M&A process. Among the selected entities are 3 from the United States, 2 from Poland and one from the United Kingdom. The Issuer shall inform the Issuer immediately of the final selection of the advisor by a separate report.

SIGNATURES OF PERSONS REPRESENTING THE COMPANY
DateNamePosition/FunctionSignature
2020-06-08Peter BabienoCeo

Bloober Team might be bought by Microsoft soon.

Interesting

Bernkastel

RIP. Also I thought the guy that made the Perfect Dark account came out to say it was fake
Fable or not, Playground Games is working on a RPG, that is confirmed. Its still possible that it is Fable, but in name only.
I never believed the Initiative Perfect Dark rumour, Pefect Dark rumours predate Initiative. I believe its Rare and Coalition, and we know Coalition has given many hints of working on a new IP.

Tulipanzo

Fable or not, Playground Games is working on a RPG, that is confirmed. Its still possible that it is Fable, but in name only.
I never believed the Initiative Perfect Dark rumour, Pefect Dark rumours predate Initiative. I believe its Rare and Coalition, and we know Coalition has given many hints of working on a new IP.
I guess we'll see, but it's still kind of weird for those two studios to get new IPs.
I'm all for not getting a new Forza Horizon or Gears so often, but it seems risky.

Tulipanzo

Playground wanted to do an open world RPG.
I mean, studios have several ideas floating around at any given time. What seems odd if for MS to forgo their new FH every two years, for a project that would mean a lot of reshuffling and hiring of new talent. It's still possible, we just need details.

Bernkastel

I mean, studios have several ideas floating around at any given time. What seems odd if for MS to forgo their new FH every two years, for a project that would mean a lot of reshuffling and hiring of new talent. It's still possible, we just need details.
They have a second studio for the RPG project, Forza Horizon is not affected. Also, since both Forza Horizon 5 and Motorsport 8 are skipping their schedule(Motorsport 8 is not coming this year either and Horizon 5 is after that), we wont see them biannually anymore.

Tulipanzo

They have a second studio for the RPG project, Forza Horizon is not affected. Also, since both Forza Horizon 5 and Motorsport 8 are skipping their schedule(Motorsport 8 is not coming this year either and Horizon 5 is after that), we wont see them biannually anymore.
Oh yeah, apparently they were expanding way back in 2017.
Bit weird both are skipping their schedule, is Forza 2021 or TBD then?

Top Bottom