• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer suggests Halo Infinite is not critcal to XBSX launch

pixelation

People like BC so much that Phil saw no need, people just want the world's most powerful retro console. XB fans are the most patient bunch out there (been waiting on Phil's promises for how long now?, next E3 for real this time?) they can wait a year or two for the first-party next-gen exclusives to arrive.

Last edited:
I mean he’s right. But it would’ve been nice - however I’m willing to wait if we get a better game as a result. Demons souls and then cyberpunk will keep me entertained enough for the next half a year or so

Gamers are the most oppressed minority, we can't stop microtransactions, can't stop price hikes and are helpless in the face of launches without games. We're addicts in search of a Walter White of video games to give us the good shit.

MrFunSocks

Banned
After Dec when supply starts to catch up to demand for these new consoles, we'll see how much the lack of any Next-gen showcase on Xbox hurts their sales.

Games sell consoles. It's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. MS have for over a decade now done their very best to try to deny this fact, and soundbites like this from Phil Spencer continue to erode confidence that the management at Xbox even get this at all.
If only there were some sort of companies that aren’t first party that made games, and those games were regularly the highest selling games every year on every console.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
"We don't need new first party games, we have Gamepass".

That's how it reads imo.

Wow. If you understood gamepass at you would know one of the major reasons people are subscribing is the new first party games included. So no, it reads nothing like that.

What he says is 100% true, they don't need hako at launch. Would it have helped overall in terms of optics? Sure.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
He's not wrong. If Halo were a requirement to sell Xbox consoles people wouldn't buy Xbox consoles until Halo releases. In my opinion Halo is overdone. But that's not relevant I guess.

It is disappointing that there aren't any new games from Microsoft first party, though.

Since he didn't say it what's the point in playing "what if?"

“We know how we would have shouted up another anti-consumer pitchfork rally if he did, but it was our guy that did it and criticising him empowers the enemy, gotta show loyalty”.

Not that Ryan should be too proud of his job on the software side, not shit shit, but not excellent and giving him prizes for shutting the f* up and not putting his foot in his mouth in tons of interviews feels like giving participation trophies, but 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:
Top Bottom