• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer says Xbox ‘wants to continue’ with Killer Instinct

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Great graphics and productions values. Too bad for me I'll never get into the game.

I tried it at Xbox One launch, and for me the gameplay which requires mega comboing I just suck at. I tried a lot in the training sessions to string together giant combos and could never do it.

I dont think I could even pull off a 10-hit combo. My attempts seem laughably gimped at maybe a 5 or 6 combo hit. Watching vids, I dont get how some guys can do like 30 hit combos.

Last edited:

TheFawz

Always nice to see recognition for KI. I hope they bring it back properly this time around instead of rushing it to release with barebones content

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
My fav fighter last gen by far. I think it got a bit too "big" by the end and it made it really hard for new players to get in. THe mechanics are easier to pick up I think than most modern fighters which can give it appeal. Something like having this at launch with GP could be huge for its longevity and would keep the player-base up.

Hopefully one day we get another one.

Pachi72

I love Ki, but...Are u Joking right ?
Its really bad, the diagonals are a pain, even for Dead or Alive the d-pad is pure garbage.

And im not a casual fighting game player...
The position of the d-pad also don't help on the Xbox pad. It's all the way at the bottom which is annoying as hell

cireza

Banned
I love Ki, but...Are u Joking right ?
Its really bad, the diagonals are a pain, even for Dead or Alive the d-pad is pure garbage.

And im not a casual fighting game player...
Played a ton of Virtua Fighter 5 and Dead or Alive. Playing Melty Blood these days. D-pad is perfectly fine, unlike the abomination that we have on Switch or PS.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Surprised they didnt do another one for launch. He probably wants to buy another popular fighting game franchise like Mortal Kombat and let it waste away when he see’s something better he wants to buy….

Danknugz

What guest characters would everyone want from MS backlog?
clippy
hr8FaNU.jpg

merlin
0IkK3s6.png

rover
s7f5325.jpg

The lineage is strong.

Top Bottom