• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer says it has some ‘GoldenEye type’ reveals planned before its summer showcase

Sorcerer

If they could fix the legal issues with Goldeneye they can do Jet Set Radio Future.

Hope they don’t need to remove too much of the soundtrack since it was fantastic back in 2000.
I would like to think there on this with the success of High-FI Rush. But then again Jet Set Radio was pulled from the store a couple of weeks ago. Kicking myself for forgetting it was getting pulled and missed the chance to buy it.

Moses85

Perfect Dark Zero Remastered tho... that would be awesome.
with adjusted controls (better aiming and improved cover mechanic), improved AI, cleaned up artstyle, maybe some changes to the mission design here and there, and of course 120fps
PDZ is disgusting

PD 64 is God

Banned
PDZ is disgusting

PD 64 is God

and that is why it needs a cleanup.
it has the fundamentals, but it was clearly rushed and you can feel the tumultuous development it had... starting out as a GameCube game, then getting developed decently far on the og Xbox, finally being pulled over to the Xbox 360... it was crazy.
they couldn't even fully rid themselves from the original celshaded artstyle, as the characters still often look like weird cartoons set against a hyperrealistic environment with high detail (for the time) textures.

if they adjusted the artstyle of PDZ, improved the controls, and changed a few of the levels a tiny bit, it could be amazing.

some of the changes could be similar to what Eidos did with Deus Ex Human Revolution when they released the Director's Cut... adjusting all the things that just don't fit right.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
it has the fundamentals, but it was clearly rushed and you can feel the tumultuous development it had... starting out as a GameCube game, then getting developed decently far on the og Xbox, finally being pulled over to the Xbox 360... it was crazy.
they couldn't even fully rid themselves from the original celshaded artstyle, as the characters still often look like weird cartoons set against a hyperrealistic environment with high detail (for the time) textures.

if they adjusted the artstyle of PDZ, improved the controls, and changed a few of the levels a tiny bit, it could be amazing.

some of the changes could be similar to what Eidos did with Deus Ex Human Revolution when they released the Director's Cut... adjusting all the things that just don't fit right.
Human Revolution was a beloved game, nobody liked PDZ when it came out in 2005 and was quickly forgotten for literally everything else on the platform. I think it would be a misappropriation of funds to spend a cent on that game today but MS has wasted more on worse I guess.

Banned
Human Revolution was a beloved game, nobody liked PDZ when it came out in 2005 and was quickly forgotten for literally everything else on the platform.

the game was generally critically acclaimed and it had a very healthy online playerbase for at least 1 to 2 years, which back then on console was a long time.

you could easily find full desert map big team servers all day round.

fatmarco

Yeah personally I would love to see somebody, anybody fix PDZ's controls. There was absolutely zero reason for that to play as badly as it did considering the year it came out.

The thumbstick aiming alone I'd argue was some of the worst ever on console, alongside the complete lack of aiming assist/ magnetism.

Banned
Yeah personally I would love to see somebody, anybody fix PDZ's controls. There was absolutely zero reason for that to play as badly as it did considering the year it came out.

The thumbstick aiming alone I'd argue was some of the worst ever on console, alongside the complete lack of aiming assist/ magnetism.

aim assist is not needed if the aiming would be good lol...

but yeah, the general movement, the roll, the cover system, it all feels unpolished and quickly hacked together.

launch game syndrome at its finest

fatmarco

aim assist is not needed if the aiming would be good lol...

but yeah, the general movement, the roll, the cover system, it all feels unpolished and quickly hacked together.

launch game syndrome at its finest
Yea if the thumbstick movement was more fluid it might have felt nice and precise, but it was either or, and it did neither hahah.

Calverz

Hey Phil….
True Crime Watch GIF by Dateline NBC

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Goldeneye for Xbox was really good but it was a classic mistake by Microsoft not including multiplayer.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Goldeneye for Xbox was really good but it was a classic mistake by Microsoft not including multiplayer.

Thank Nintendo. We at least got it on both platforms with them allowing the gimped version.

But wouldn’t be doing them any favours of RARE classics on Switch after the way they’ve acted designating to scrap the remaster.

Top Bottom